Skips

Skips

 

Jongin woke up to the feeling of another body crawling into the bed behind him. He rolled closer to the wall to make space for the new body. It was a familiar occurrence by now.

“Thanks hyung.” Sehun sighed out, his breaths evening out quickly.

He closed his eyes again and slept.

-

"Hyung," Sehun bounced up to him for the third time that morning. "I have a question."

Jongin sighed, annoyed that his rare moment for quiet was again interrupted. "What is it this time?" He snapped.

Sehun closed his mouth and the smile fell from his face. "Never mind. I'll ask someone else." He slumped away, head down, dejection radiating from his posture.

Jongin sighed and muttered a "Sorry" under his breath.

-

"Hey Jongin!" Luhan opened the door to the practice room.

"Hi Luhan. Do you wanna join?" He asked, looking at him though the reflection in the mirror.

"I have a question for you."

"What is it?

"What did you do to Sehun?"

Jongin spun to face Luhan. "Sehun? Nothing."

Luhan narrowed his eyes at him and nodded. "Okay. I'll see you later then."

-

Junmyeon cracked his door open and peeked his head in. "Are you busy?"

Jongin set his notebook down. "No. Why?"

"Well," He stepped into the room. "I was just wondering if you have noticed something wrong with Sehun too."

"What's with everyone and Sehun recently?" He threw his hands up, exasperated.

Junmyeon sat on the edge of his bed. "We're just concerned for him is all, he has been acting depressed lately."

"I haven't noticed anything."

-

Sehun sat down across from Jongin at the table, a bright smile on his face.

"Hyung! Do you want to go for a walk later tonight? I can treat you to bubble tea!"

Jongin looked up from the papers spread out on the table. "Sure why not."

-

Jongin nervously shifted from foot to foot in front of the maknaes door.

"What happened?" Chanyeol's deep voice rang out from behind him.

"It's nothing. Sehun's just upset with me." Jongin sighed.

Chanyeol patted his shoulder. "Why is he upset with you?"

"I think I might have offended him or something, when we were getting bubble tea. After I said something he just got up and left. And he hasn't talked to me since."

"Oh, he'll be okay in a few hours. Just let him cool off a bit."

Jongin slapped Chanyeol's hand away. "It's been three days."

-

"Sehun!" Jongin called out to the maknae, who was running down the stairs. "Wait! Just-" he stopped mid-sentence to chase after him.

-

"Do you know where Sehun is?" Jongin asked Baekhyun after breakfast.

Baekhyun looked at him, surprised. "Yeah, why?"

"I've been trying to get a hold of him for a few days after he ran off but he never responds." He leaned against the counter, desperate.

"The manager is letting him stay in a hotel for a few weeks." Baekhyun put the dish in his hands away. "He told us that he needed some space."

-

Jongin had finally managed to wriggle the information about where Sehun was staying out of their manager and now he was standing in front of the door. He knocked once and waited.

Five minutes he waited before the door opened. Sehun's eyes were puffy and red, like he had been crying for days.

-

"What did you say to him?" Kyungsoo asked, when Jongin told him that he went to visit Sehun.

"I told him I was sorry..."

"And?" Kyungsoo prompted.

"He..." Jongin swallowed thickly. "He kissed me again."

Kyungsoo sighed and leaned back in his chair. "What did you do?"

"Same thing as last time." Jongin rested his forehead on the table.

"Jongin."

"I know!" He snapped. "I can't lead him on like that. I know!"

-

Jongin paced furiously through the halls of the hospital, still hoping for the best.

-

The eleven of them stood shoulder to shoulder, all dressed in black in front of the coffin above the grave.

-

"Jongin." Luhan slipped in the van next to him. "Do you know what happened?"

"He loved me Luhan. He loved me and I killed him."