Chapter 26 - Golden Disk Awards Red Carpet

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

“Jiyong-ssi.” A voice called out startling him from his current trance, having seen Hoku burst into the rehearsal room yesterday. It had startled him but had confused him, he watched confused as she walked out hand in hand with Hyung.

“Jiyong-ssi.” The voice called again tapping his shoulder causing him to look over to see Lee Hi looking at him confused.

“Oh, what? What did you say?” he asked as she pointed out the door of the van to see that they had arrived at the hotel they would be staying at while in Malaysia.

“Oh, alright.” He quickly said climbing out, welcoming the screams that were waiting for him. Their flight had been delayed a few hours, so they had no time for rehearsals, Jiyong needed to head straight up to his room to prepare for the night.

“You must really like her.” Lee Hi mentioned as they rode the elevator alone. He blinked and looked over confused to see her chuckle.

“Who?” He asked as she sighed.

“Hoku-ssi.” She answered as he was taken back before clearing his throat.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” He mentioned innocently looking away to the door.

“Oppa, I’m not blind, and I saw the way you reacted when she came over to the building yesterday. You still love her, don’t you oppa?” She spoke teasingly causing him to blush and pull away from her sudden close proximity.

“Um.” Was all he could say before sighing and putting a hand through his messy hair.

“It’s alright Jiyong-ssi, I understand.” She spoke turning her attention back to the door that now opened on their floor. They both got ready for the night before joining once again in front of the elevator.

“Oh, you look awesome Jiyong-ssi.” Lee Hi praised causing him to chuckle from behind his sunglasses.

“Oh thanks, you look amazing too.” He answered back as she giggled and blushed.

“Thanks.” She thanked him before they were on their way to the award show.

“Good Luck tonight.” Lee Hi mentioned once they were in the confines of their van.

“You too.” Jiyong answered never looking up from his phone. She couldn’t help but peer over to see what he was looking at, only to see that he was skimming through Allkpop news on his phone.

“Are you looking for something?” Lee Hi asked causing him to flinch in surprise before he shut his phone and slipped it back into his back.

“No.” he answered in monotone quickly looking out the window.

 

“So what are we doing tonight?” Michael asked once they stepped into their room from a free day of shopping. Hoku plopped down on the bed, laying on her back.

“Just let me catch my breath first.” She mentioned panting slightly before resting her hands on her bulge. She had to buy new clothes after Michael had admitted her bulge was growing noticeably bigger since they got there. In fear that someone would notice, she went shopping for larger clothes that she could wear without being noticed.

“Want some water?” Michael asked putting the bags down while she nodded.

“Yes please.” She answered as he chuckled and knelt down in front of the hotel fridge, pulling a water bottle out.

“Here.” He mentioned as she sat up, taking the bottle before sipping it.

“Thanks.” She answered twisting the cover back on before looking to the television.

“Omo, I almost forgot.” She mentioned quickly standing up before walking quickly over to the television.

“Forgot what?” Michael asked pulling his shoes off as he watched her flip through the channels.

“I promised the guys I would watch the Golden Disk Awards tonight.” She mentioned never moving her eyes from the television.

“Oh are they on it?” Michael asked surprised walking over before sitting on the couch behind her.

“Um…..not really.” She whispered sheepishly as her eyes shot open when she found the channel.

“Who is then?” Michael asked hesitantly watching as she took a seat on the couch next to him.

“Top oppa asked me to watch it because Jiyong is going to be on.” She whispered as his eyes shot open while his heart thumped loudly.

“Tell me again, why are we watching it?” He practically spat as she held the pillow to her chest.

“Other’s I know will also be on, I’m not only watching it for him.” She spat back as he sighed, massaging his forehead.

“If you don’t want to watch, you can leave.” She mentioned turning her head back to the television. She never meant to come across as a , but sometimes when he grew annoyed by the most unpredictable things and her hormones and moods were all over the place, it was a bad combination.

“I’ll watch.” Michael hissed through his teeth forcefully before they watched in silence as the stars began to arrive on the carpet to a photo op area.

“Oh I like her dress.” Hoku whispered first smiling.

“How long is the red carpet?” Michael asked over stretching in his spot.

“Like an hour or 2.” She answered looking down to her watch to see that it was almost at it’s 2 hour mark, where was he?

Next we have the Beautiful Newly debuted artist from YG, Lee Hi along with Big Bang Leader G-Dragon.” The host finally said as Hoku’s eyes shot open to the van that just pulled up. The flashes and cameras went off along with the screaming. Hoku could feel her hear thumping while her palms began to sweat. The van’s door opened as Jiyong climbed out, looking dashing as always. He turned to the van, holding a hand out while a beautiful young woman climbed out smiling. Jiyong held his arm out for her to take as she smiled and took it. Strangely, Hoku had the sudden urge to jump in the screen and rip those girls’ teeth out but it up. It was strange having to watch him someone to another red carpet, when only months ago that was her at the MAMA awards with him. She bit her lip having to watch hem pose together, smiling as if they were the happiest people in the world before walking off, still arm in arm. Why should it matter to her? They were no longer together, she no longer wanted to be with him. But still, it felt like the worst feeling in the world to see him with her, somewhere where she should have been.