She Never Had Friends

With A Smile

      Kim Taeyeon arrived at Jaejoong's house early enough for her to prepare breakfast. She delivered milk first thing in the morning then went straight there. It's huge. It never crossed her mind that her playboy boss live in such a grand place. She unlocked the gate using the key that Jaejoong gave her and went inside. The house looks clean but it doesn't seem that anyone is living inside, it seems empty.

     "Who are you?" A man who seems to be cleaning the garden asked her. Taeyeon stared at the man and thought that he is quite familiar. Since she didn't answer the man just continued asking, "Are you the girl who is going to cook Jaejoong's breakfast?" Taeyeon nodded. "He's girlfriend then?" The man asked again.

      Taeyeon doesn't know if she going to say yes or what. "Aren't you a professor in the university?" she then asked.

      "Ne." The man said. "Prof. Jang Dong-gun imnida. I am also Kim Jaejoong's guardian. He told me his girlfriend is going to cook his breakfast from now on."

      "Ahhh.." Taeyeon said, embarassed. "I am more like a maid than a girlfriend, I believe he is just kidding when he told you that."

      "Are you his companion last night? He came home late." Prof. Jang said. 

      "A-aniyo." Taeyeon said wondering where her boyfriend—err—boss went last night.

      "Ahhh.. Maybe he's just with Yunho and Changmin. You should go and cook him breakfast, he'll be up soon." Prof. Jang said then disappeared somewhere in the house.


     "Gooood MOrniiing Eri-yah!!!!" Jaejoong exclaimed when he saw Taeyeon in the kitchen. He just stood near the door with his arms in the air like he's waiting for Taeyeon to run and hug him.

     "Taeyeon." She corrected him while preparing the table.

     "Okay!" Jaejoong exclaimed, his arms are still spread in the air. "Come on my Taeyeon, give me a hug!"

     "In your dreams." Taeyeon told him then place the food on the table. "You should eat now, Mr. Kim."

     "Jaejoong." He corrected him. "Or call me my Jaejoong, that would be better." He said grinning at her. She just made face at him then stood in one corner. "What are you doing there? And why is there only one plate here?" He asked her.

     "From where I came from, maids do not eat with their master." Taeyeon told him.

     "Who said you are a maid?" Jaejoong asked. "You're my wife. My future wife." He then went and get a plate and eating utensils for Taeyeon. "Sit and eat up, my Taeyeon." She did not protest anymore and just sat and eat. "You always eat alone at school, you should eat with your friends."

     "I don't have one." Taeyeon said. "I never had friends."

     "Why?" Jaejoong inquired.

     "Stop asking." Taeyeon snapped at him.

     "Hey.. I got the right, I am your boyfriend!" Jaejoong told her. Taeyeon made face at him again. "Stop doing that derp face and tell me why."

     "Maybe nobody think I am interesting enough." Taeyeon said. "And oppa and I don't stay in a place for a long time.. We are always on the move."

     "Don't go anywhere without telling," Jaejoong said, afraid that Taeyeon might just disappear without telling him. "And just stick with Sunkyu, she's a good girl. I think the girl with that cute eye smile will do as well.. What's her name?"

     "Why should I tell you?" Taeyeon asked suspiciously. "And how did you come to know Sunkyu?"

     "Yah.. I am already taken, I am just asking her name so I know who your friends are." Jaejoong said trying to clear things up. "I've known Sunkyu since we're young. She's like a little sister to me. You don't have to be jealous."

     "Who said I'm jealous!" Taeyeon snapped at him.

     "It shows on your face." He teased. "Are you done eating? Gaja? You'll ride with in my bike, okay?"

     "I got my own bicycle." Taeyeon said. "Besides, people will be staring at us the moment that we step on—"

     "Don't mind them." Jaejoong said patting Taeyeon head like a child. "Gaja!


     "Kim Taeyeon!!!!!!" A girl called Hyoyeon came running towards Jaejoong and Taeyeon as soon as they arrived in school.

     "Do I know you?" Taeyeon asked her immediately.

     "I am your classmate Kim Hyoyeon!!" Hyoyeon said happily, not even hurt that Taeyeon did not recognize her. "I am the one sitting next to Sunny Bunny!!!"

     "Ahhh.." Taeyeon said as she get off of Jaejoong white Ducati. "How can I help you?" She then saw Sunny and Tiffany running towards them as well. "What's happening???" She looked at Jaejoong for some answer and he just smiled at her and patted her head.

     "Oppa sent us a message." Sunny told her, out of breath "He told us that you badly need a friend."

     "Did something happen?" Tiffany asked with a worried face.

     "Aniyo." Taeyeon said. "Why did you text them?" Taeyeon asked Jaejoong who is busy parking his bike.

     "You said you don't have a friend." Jaejoong said. "Here are the applicants."

     "Ahhh.." Hyoyeon and Tiffany said in unison. "We thought oppa broke your heart or something."

     "I won't do that to her!" Jaejoong said defensively.

     "We're friends already, what applicants are you talking about?!?!" Sunny snapped at Jaejoong. "Come on Taengoo, let's go to class!"

    "Ah.. Ye." Taeyeon said then turned to Jaejoong. "You don't have to do this but g-gomawo. I'll see you later... maybe. " She smiled at him then walked away with her new found friends.

    "Don't stay too close to Sunny though!" Jaejoong called after her. "She's rabid!"

    "Shut up oppa!" Sunny yelled at him.