Insecurities, Uncertainties.

When Big Bang Meets BAP

MAMA started and ended. Some unexpected results came out of course. I can’t help but feel bad for BAP not having won the Rookie award. No offence to EXO and Busker Busker, though. Everyone likes a different style of music. But it doesn’t matter. BAP did great during their performance. And they even won an award that’s been granted to many great artists like S.E.S. I can’t wait to see them grow.

 

                But I might not stick along for that long. This kind of job really gets annoying at times. And I wasn’t in too good a mood either today. I looked for an empty spot where I could escape the ruckus of this awards show. I went to the rooftop but somebody beat me to personally occupying it.

                “Junhong-ssi.” I called for him but he just looked back at me and went back to staring at Hong Kong’s night view. “Ya! Wae geurae?!” I asked him slightly annoyed after just having done them a huge favor.

                “Noona…” He patted the space next to him. “Come sit with me.”

                “Why are you acting so mysterious now eo?”

                “Noona.,..,” he said as if he didn’t even mind what I said. “Do you think we’ll be as amazing as Big Bang sunbaenim? Today, I wasn’t satisfied with our performance. My hyungs and I lacked a lot of things. And… we didn’t win the Rookie awa--”

                I cut him off at that point. “You know what Junhong- you’re right. You may never be as great as Big Bang. You may never win another award for the rest of your career. But so fcking what?”

                He looked at me with confused eyes. I laughed at him and his eyes grew even bigger. The expression on his face was priceless. How can I continue making a 16 y/o kid like me cry- almost cry?

                “And that’s what I find absolutely pathetic about you idols. You guys either dream to be idols to be famous or to actually produce music and be good musicians. But I rarely find the latter from most of the idol groups I work with- which is almost everyone. Then you guys complain of having sasaeng fans like bro, not everyone in this world is sane. And if you feel crappy for not winning that award, well I have news for you- your awards mean nothing. Thousands of underground artist don’t even see the light of day and they continue to be passionate for music. So tell me Junhong, are you an idol or an artist? You chose your dream, you’ve achieved it, now choosing your career is the only thing left to do. BAP’s pretty young. You guys have time.”

                I tried to stand up afterwards but Junhong fastened me to the concrete. “Noona, gomawo.” He planted a kiss on my cheek. I tried not to look flustered but before my attempt could fail, I stood up, this time successfully since Junhong’s hands were on my cheeks, too.

                “You are a coquettish boy. You should stop playing with poor noona’s heart.” I said to him.

                “Noona! Johayo!”

                I bent down a bit and pinched both his cheeks. “AIGOO! I’M ONLY 16 TOO SO STOP CALLING ME NOONA!” I said to him while laughing.

                He frowned and told me in a serious tone, “Then call me oppa.”

                “No.”

                “You don’t have a choice.” He kissed me again. This time on the lips.

                I smiled halfway through the kiss. “Oppa.”

      "YUP! OPPA ALRIGHT!" Jiyong oppa laughed loudly as he saw us. "My-oh- my dongsaeng-i! I never thought you'd be doing this! And in such a dangerous place! My goodness!! An award show~ *sigh* That kid has a great future ahead of him okay? Stay away. Get up, up!" Jiyong oppa grabbed my arm playfully and sent me inside again. 

 -BETWEEN GD AND ZELO-

"I'm really sorry sunbaenim." Zelo bowed a full 90 degrees.

"No need to be sorry. I was like that too with Dara." Jiyong laughed a bit. "Anyway, you could sit again.... don't worry I won't lure into a kiss like Jiyeon."

"N-ne." Zelo replied sheepishly.

"Wahhhh~ you're that rapper kid a while ago weren't you?" Jiyong asked him.

"N-ne." Zelo replied shyly again.

"YA! You're gonna get a smack from me if you answer that way again! Do I look like your omma?" Jiyong told him jokingly. 

"ANIMNIDA! It's just that I'm really honored to even share a conversation with you sunbaenim." 

"I know, I know...." Jiyong said laughing. "I'm just kidding! You know, kid, someday, someone's gonna tell you the exact same thing. Let's just hope that someone doesn't find you kissing my dongsaeng okay?" 

"Jeongmalyo?"  Zelo was flustered a bit. "Do you really think that?"

"HELL KID, you rap better than me when I was your age in my point of view. You're gonna have a bright future if you just keep being yourself. everybody else's opinion of what you do or don't do. In the end, they'll still talk about it. Handsome people can't help but be talked about you know?" Jiyong paused for a minute. "Naaa~ I'm just kidding. But really though. You're leader there... ugh.. what's his name? He also has a 'yong' in his name. I can't help but laugh because I was as idealistic as he was. We 'DRAGON' people think alike, get it?"

                Zelo chuckled lightly after getting the fail jokes of GD.

"But I wasn't so concentrated in spreading the message of society which makes him great in a sense. Anyway, I can see in his eyes the same passion I had not only to create songs but let them be known to people, let them put smiles on people's faces. I honestly don't give a crap about getting #1 trophies but they are testaments to hard work but don't let that get to you. So after all that sht I said, I just actually want to say, good job. We really enjoyed your performance." Jiyong stood up and waved goodbye leaving his final words "Oh and if you can, try to stay away from Jiyeon. She's one firebomb, Im’ma tell you that. But that is IF you can stay away."

Zelo sat there speechless. THE GD praised BAP. And in a flash, all of Zelo's sadness was gone.

 

-------------------

crappy ending i know. but i honestly believe this was my dream for BAP. to be complimented by names such as BIg Bang and SJ and TVXQ. idk. it's like ive become there momma~ hahahaahahah