Planning

One Night

 

            Yeoyoon did not expect to stand up against the man that she admired today. And heard his ask for dinner to night made her happy. Very pleased. "Oppa, you asked me out to dinner together tonight?" she asked to be sure what she was hearing was not just her imagination.

            Kiseop nodded firmly, spitting smile that could melt the hearts of girls, including the girl in front of him. "Yes," he said simply. "Don’t you trust me?"

            Hurriedly, Yeoyoon shook her head. "No. Don’t think negative first, Oppa! I just... just... shocked," she admitted as she bowed her face that suddenly felt hot. Soon, she was looking at Kiseop again. This time with an investigating’s look. "But why were you asking me? I mean, Oppa and I'm not too close to compare with Jihwa Unnie, Minji, and Hana Unnie. And they are... more beautiful than me. Why did you ask me, Oppa? "

            Kiseop had previously guessed that it’ll be asking by Yeoyoon so he already prepared the answer. "I'm tired of them. Sometimes they just bother me with a boring conversation." He staring at Yeoyoon intently, as if he wanted to conquer her with his gaze. "So would you like to have dinner with me?"

            Yeoyoon did not respond right away. She paused for a moment, as if pondering what the answer will be given. Finally, she smiled broadly and nodded. "I want, Oppa!"

            Without expected, Kiseop ruffled her hair gently. Make a pink tinge appeared in her cheeks. Kiseop who realized it was just smile. His plan was successfully. "Good! I'll meet you at D'First Restaurant at seven o'clock tonight. Okay? "

            Once again, Yeoyoon nodded. Indeed, her heart is very happy at all.

 

***

 

            "Yeoyoon!" called Dongho, made his friends stopped at the school gate. He ran to Yeoyoon there. “Why didn’t you wait for me? You don’t want to go home with me?" he asked.

            Yeoyoon tapped his forehead hard enough. She forgot about it. Every day they always go home together because the location of their home is close enough. "Sorry, Dongho! I forgot. Really!" she admitted with a rueful face. "Let's go!" she said, and they walked together.

            "It’s rare you forget about it. What’s happen?" asked Dongho curious.

            "What?" asked Yeoyoon while her eyes keep staring at the road ahead. Her mind was still thinking about a dinner with Kiseop.

            "How could you forget that we go home together every day?" Dongho clarify the question. He could feel something was different with Yeoyoon today. At the break time, Dongho was also not found her in the classroom.

            Suddenly, Yeoyoon stopped and holding Dongho’s hands tightly, making him take a step stalled. Yeoyoon stared at Dongho fixedly. "I have something to tell you," she admitted in a serious tone.

            Dongho wrinkled his forehead, confused by the attitude of Yeoyoon. "Just say it," he said later.

            Yeoyoon paused, then said, "Kiseop Oppa... he asked me to have dinner tonight," madding Dongho’s  eyes rounded wide with shock.

            "Kiseop Hyung? Lee Ki Seop?"asked Dongho to ensure and  immediately Yyeoyoon answered with a steady nod. "What's wrong with him? Strange. You have never seen chatting with him and suddenly he asked you to have dinner? "

            "I know this sounds weird, but, Dongho, I need your help."

            Dongho paused. Look at Yeoyoon’s expression, begged him. Did not have the heart to say no, the man nodded. "Well, what can I do for you?" he asked in a tone of indifference.

            Secretly, Yeoyoon sigh of relief heard Dongho approval. "You know that my mom will not let me go at night, unless I go with someone who my mom knows. And I guess, I'm not going to get permission tonight because my mom doesn’t not know about Kiseop Oppa. But, I really want to have dinner with him. You also know that I've been really admire him."

            Dongho was able to predict what will be required Yeoyoon to him. "Yes," he said simply.

            "So, can you pick me up tonight? Let's just say that we'll go to the bookstore. Mom really knows you well because we often learn together and I think mom can trust you. How's that? "

            "You asked me to lie to your mom?"

            "Well... something like that. Just for this one time, promise! Please, please help me!" begged Yeoyoon with her pleading face. She knew hat Dongho will not have the heart to ignored her request if she's sulking. And this time for sure he was going to grant her wish.

            Yeah, right! Dongho nodded slowly.

 

***

 

            "Where are you, Dongho?" Yeoyoon asked Dongho on over there through her phone. It’s 18:30 o'clock. Nearly seven hours, but Dongho did not come to pick her up as well. "You don’t forget our plan, do you?"

            "I remember, Miss," said Dongho shortly with a lazy tone. "And I've been in the gate house. Just wait! "

            Hearing that, Yeoyoon soon hung up their phone and hurried to the window of her room on the second floor, to ensure Dongho has really gone up in her house. And she cheered quietly after seeing him being greeted by her mom.

            Shortly thereafter, someone knocked her room’s door. Definitely that’s mom! She guessed.

            "Dongho comes," she said after the door opened by Yeoyoon. "You'll go to the bookstore?" she asked.

            "Ah! Yes, Mom! I forgot to tell you," said Yeoyoon, lying. "Please tell Dongho to wait a minute, Mom! I'm not ready."

            "All right. Don’t go home late at night ok?" said Mom before leaving her.

            "Yeah," cried Yeoyoon, smiling. Kiseop Oppa, wait for me!

 

***

 

-To be Continued-