Crushed Confession

Locked Up

 

L Joe's POV
 
I let my feet drag a bit as we get closer to the cell. Is it crazy to say I wish I had more than 24 hours in Iso.?
 
The officer opens the cell door and guides me inside silently. I step in and everybody is already staring at me. Chunji stands but I walk past him to the relaxed CAP and pull him into my arms. I can hear CAP laughing at my odd behavior and he slaps my back reassuringly, once or twice.
 
I pull back and he offers me no words, just a knowing smirk and a nod. Like that we were friends again, not as if that was ever honestly in jeopardy but the confirmation helps. I let out a sigh of relief and walk to an open mattress to relax.
 
Chunji is, too quickly, by the bed side and I stare up at him lazily.
 
"Can...I sit here?" He ask too meekly. I scan the cell.
 
"Where's Zico?" I see him stiffen at my voice but I pay no attention at how harsh my words were.
 
"His, uh, ex-boyfriend came to get him out." He answers, fiddling with his thumbs.
 
"Really? Ex-boyfriend huh? They back together?" I asked trying to sound interested. Chunji nods slowly.
 
"He says I owe you an apology." I can't help the sarcastic laughter.
 
"Tell him I said thanks." Chunji cautiously sits on the edge of the bed but I narrow my eyes drawling his attention. "That's probably not a very good idea." He stands immediately and stares at the floor.
 
"I...hope you'll be able to forgive me." His voice cracks and he walks away to take a seat against the wall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been so quiet lately. A bit ominous in the cell and the older men keep sitting next to Chunji. It makes me uncomfortable but they keep staring at me and haven't touched him, so I won't interfere.
 
That was 15 minutes ago. They're getting too noisy now, throwing their arm around him and holding him close. I grind my teeth and try to ignore that Chunji's staring at me.
 
"Yah! Don't touch me!" Chunji's voice suddenly cries, waking the other, already asleep, boys. I stand, seeing the three men attempting to push him to the floor and hold him down.Chunji is a mess of flying limbs under them, but it's useless and I can't ignore my instincts anymore.
 
I rush to his aid, pushing off the first two men, easy enough, and the third I stand up by his collar.
 
"You think because he's not in somebody's arms it means he's fair game?" I ask the man in a hard sarcastic voice.
 
"You're pissed off at him anyways, right?" The suddenly angry man replies, tearing himself from my hold and Chunji crawls to sit behind me.
 
"What got into you? You're all usually so well behaved." I taunt causing the angry man to glare.
 
"I'M ING ! So it's either him or you, Byeongari!" I scoff at his threat and push up my sleeves.
 
"Remember your words." I move to step forward but arms suddenly wrap around my waste, holding me back. I take a moment to look at Chunji's pleading eyes before going to remove his hands.
 
"Please don't fight! You just got back!" He cries and I ignore the plead.
 
"They're underestimating me, again, Channie. You don't expect me to let that slide do you?" I ask evenly, like I would before he stepped on my heart. Chunji regrips my waist
 
" No! I don't want you to leave!" He shouts, when I notice Changjo and CAP are by my side ready to make this a fair fight.
 
"Don't play the victim Chunji. I'm protecting you like you wanted, right?" His face is tear stained by now but I dismiss it.Till his lips land on mine, desperate and frantic.
 
"I LOVE YOU!" I don't let the words hit me like they, apparently, should because everyone freezes. I shove the boy away from me.
 
"How dare you. You think I'm a toy? If you keep acting like this I won't be held responsible for what happens to you." I say too quietly as if lecturing a child.
 
"You felt it right! When we made love, you felt how completely lost, in you, I was. You can't fake that, L Joe. You can hide it as long as you want but I won't anymore!" I stiffen at his words and close my eyes, as not to let them sink in.
 
"Stop." I beg, he moves closer to me, making me breath in the scent I'd been craving.
 
"I won't."
 
"What do you want from me!" I shout, gripping his shoulders in an attempt to keep myself together. Chunji quickly wraps his arms around me and buries his face in my shoulder. I stand unmoving, fighting the tears that want to be freed.
 
"Believe me." I shake my head, again, stopping myself from wanting to.
 
"I can't."
 
I TOLD YOU IT'D BE SHORT! I CAN'T EVEN WRITE RIGHT NOW!
                                              Such a waste of a chapter, ugh.
I'm too distracted...
                               
The ending is choppy and I'm sorry but I just couldn't think!
                                                                                            Forgive me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's to hoping! ^-^