My Heart Remembers

My Heart Remembers

"Seohyun ah!" I turned around … it was Tiffany. Tiffany, my friend for as long as i can remember . "there you are! You're still new to korea so please, don't get lost!! Seohyun ah…" "Yeh unnie…" 

It was my first time back in south korea. I've been living in the U.S for as long as i can remember too. Tiffany unnie said that i got into an accident and had lost some of my memory back in the U.S. She said that i was an orphan…and she was my only friend. I believed her. I trusted her. For eight years. Yes, for eight years i trusted her. 

Upon reaching our apartment, i suddenly, felt pain in my chest . "Seohyun ah … are you okay? Erm … i… rest a while…" Tiffany said. "Unnie, what's wrong? You sound…afraid like…you're hiding something from me…" "er…haha…seo-seohyun-ah…aniyo! Unnie is just tired…it's already late… let's wash up and pack our things tomorrow. " and she quickly stumbled away to the washroom. From that moment on, i felt that Tiffany unnie hid something from me. Something that she's afraid to let me know. I want to know. 

"Ya! Yong-hwa hyung!" Jong-hyun screamed. "Neh? … " "You, hyung…daydreaming again…" "Aniyo… i…" "is it Mr Yeom's daughter Yeom Joon-ri? " "of course not! She's the one that's clinging onto me." 

Jonghyun chuckled and said "Well…i agree."

Yonghwa still couldn't forget her. The girl he lost eight years ago to a fatal accident. "Seo Joo-hyun…i miss you…" he thought as he fell asleep.. A tear ran down his cheeks.

"Aniyo…she didn't suspect…yes…yes…i know, mrs Jung…okay…take care…"

Seohyun heard Tiffany speaking on the phone. "mrs jung…?…why…" suddenly her heart ached again. "Urgh…" she groaned. "seohyun ah! Are you alright?" Tiffany said. "Unnie…who were you talking to? … i'm fine…" 

"I.…my college friend … yes my friend…." 

"Unnie…"

"yes?"

"nothing…i'll go and wash up. We'll start unpacking later." 

After breakfast and unpacking, Tiffany rushed out to meet someone. She didn't tell Seohyun who. I was amazed by the lively atmosphere in korea. I couldn't wait and went out Myself. To explore. 

*ring* I entered a café after going around  the place. After ordering a drink and settling down, i started to observe. Suddenly, a man entered. A girl caught up and called him "Jung Yong-hwa!" 

I looked at him. He looked at me. Our eyes met. I don't know who he is. But my heart beat increased. It was harder. but I don't remember him. Somehow, he feels comfortable to be around. But he was a stranger. There's only two things that i'm sure of. Number one, his name was Jung Yong-hwa. Number two, i don't remember him but — my heart do, my heart, somehow remembers him. It's beating increased when i saw him. 

His eyes suddenly, turned teary. He paused. I paused. My heart didn't . He turned away and sighed . He sat down with that girl. My heart ached again . I quickly ran out of the café. I ran. I don't know why. I just did. My hesrt told me to run and my legs just ran. I ran all the way back home. That day, i cried. I cried for the whole day. I just did. I didn't know why too. 

"That girl.…" yonghwa thought. "She looked exactly like her…but couldn't be…she's already dead…" 

it have been three months since that strange encounter. Since my heart ached for him. Him who i don't know. "Three months…" i sighed. "Seohyun ah.…" tiffany unnie said. "Aniyo…i'm fine…" and pulled away. I wasn't pleased. I needed to know why. Why i cried for him. Who was he. Who is…jung yonghwa?… 

i walked with heavy steps to that café. Where i met him. There i saw him…him…he was…waiting for someone… 

his face …looks …like he is going to give up. Where's the girl? The one he is waiting for? Our eyes met. Met. My heart melted. 

He approached me…slowly…afraid… 

"Annyeonghaseyo…jung yonghwa-sshi…you are…?" His voice was hopeful. 

"Seo-seohyun … Seohyun Choi…"

"Oh…" his face fell… he looked disappointed. Very. 

We sat down and talked. We chatted and through the converstion, my heart never stopped beating and i was holding back my tears. I was clueless why. 

That night, i couldn't forget him. My heart didn't. 

"Choi Seohyun?…her name's close enough…she's so similar…to her…" 

yonghwa fell asleep thinking of her. Seohyun. Not Joohyun. For the first time. Not joohyun. 

For weeks, yonghwa and seohyun befriends each other. Seohyun…fell in love with him. She loved him. Yonghwa was showing signs but he rejected her…several times. It was because of this girl. She knew. Seohyun knew. It was because of The girl. Seohyun…had already slowly…gave up. 

"Seohyun-sshi…"

"neh? Yonghwa-sshi…" 

they were awkward for a period of time already. It was because of what he said. Seohyun-sshi…i couldn't love you. I …still cannot forget her. Joo-hyun. 

He was guilty. For rejecting her .now, he realises how much he truely loved her. It was her. It wasn't Joohyun anymore. It's now, Seohyun. But he couldn't have her back. After he rejected her. After he told her he had another girl on his mind. She already gave up. 

"Yonghwa-shi?…if you have nothing to say…i'll leave now…"

"Seohyun ah! "

He grabbed her arm.

"Choi Seohyun…i love you. I'm sorry but i love you. "

"But i thought…"

"i was foolish…i love you. Seohyun."

I teared…i was touched and didn't know that this day would come. We embraced in tears and suddenly, that feeling came again. My heart ached but i beared. i beared. 

On my way home, i was enjoying my day. Very much. I was hardly this happy. Yonghwa was mine. "Ouch! " i wailed as i fell and hit my head. "Mianae!" The passerby said and quickly went on his way. I was in pain. I heart ached and suddenly, memories rushes back to me. It all rushed back. All the memories i didn't have. I lost.

Then it all made sense. Jung Yonghwa…was him. Tiffany was hiding this from me. His mother didn't want us together and i broke up with Yonghwa. Then i got into an accident and mrs jung sent tiffany to take me awayfrom yonghwa. Her son. My tears couldn't wait. It all ran down. I screamed and so did the sky. The thunder roared and rain flowed. I cried. The rain covered my tears and the thunder covered my screams.

this was all real. Everything. 

I woke up in the hospital…it's all blurry. I stood and pushed the nurse out of the way. I ran bare footed out. There, Yonghwa was standing. Tiffany, beside him. I embraced him and tears flowed out. I cried. My heart told me to. "Seo Joo-hyun. I …am Seo Joo-hyun." Tiffany's face shocked. Stunned. "Yes,i remembered. Unnie i know." She just paused. Yonghwa pulled me and said "joo-joohyun?…you…joohyun?!" His tears flowed like river. It just ran down. Endlessly. 

He hugged me. Cuddled me tight. Like he never did. Our tears were endless. Endless for each other. But, suddenly, i pulled away. 

"Yonghwa-sshi… i can't love you…i…am not Choi Seohyun…i …" i cut . I cried . I know i wasn't who he loved anymore. He loved Seohyun. Not me anymore… 

"Seo…Joohyun! No…please…i…" i spamme the door shut. I kneeled down and continued crying.

"mian yonghwa…mian…"

*5 years later*

it's been five years. Since i left him. Wasn't any pleasant five years. "Jung yonghwa…"i sighed.

I held the box tight and strolled down the stairs. I'm returning to the US today. Finally. The tall box covered my vision and suddenly, i slipped. 

"Are you alright, miss?" A warm voice asked. 

"Yes…imm…" i saw his face. It was yonghwa. 

He stumbled on his words. I was speechless. The man i loved who didn't love me.

Then my heart instructed me.

i just said

"Annyeong…i'm Choi Seo-hyun…jung yonghwa-sshi…" 

he paused. And smiled. I wanted to start all over again. 

I held out my hands and he took it. 

"Annyeong…Jung Yonghwa, Seohyun-sshi."

we started all over again. From how seohyun would've met him. Him whom i loved. And i swear, i'll never let him go again. 

He embraced me in his arms and whispered, "Seohyun ah, i love you. I bet you missed me."

yes, we will be together. I'm sure.