Chapter 13: Let the War Begin

"Friendly" Competition

            It was now a beautiful morning on Sunday. Both delis were closed the day before since it was the day after the party. They figured that more than half of the staff would be extremely hung over and would call in sick anyway. It was for the best.

            Suho, as usual, was the first one to arrive at the deli on Sunday. All he could really think about was his date coming up with Lay. Of course when the deli actually opened he was going to have to put all of that on hold. He was just very excited for that date.

            When he got to the door something felt a little off. The key was barely in the lock and the door opened. This of course set off all kinds of signals in Suho’s head. The first thing that he decided to do was call Kyungsoo. The phone rang three times and then Kyungsoo finally picked up.

            “Hello?” Kyungsoo picked up.

            “Hey it’s me. You didn’t happen to come to the deli recently and forget to lock the door?” Suho asked hoping that was the case.

            “What? No I haven’t been there since we closed up on Friday. Why is something wrong?” Kyungsoo asked worriedly.

            “That worries me then. Kyungsoo, I’m outside the deli and the door is unlocked. I think someone has broken in.” Suho explained.

            “Do you want me to call the police?” Kyungsoo asked in a very worried tone.

            “I don’t think that we need to do that right now. Just stay on the phone with me for now. If I stop talking to you and you can’t hear me anymore then call the police. Something will probably have happened to me if I don’t respond to you.” Suho explained to him.

            “I got it. I’ll stay with you on the phone. Just talk to me on what you see right now. Does everything look okay for now?” Kyungsoo asked.

            Suho stepped into the deli and looked around just a little bit. “From what I can see right now everything looks fine. Nothing looks out of place or off so far.” He explained.

            “That’s good. How do you think that they got in? Could they have found our spare key that we hid?” Kyungsoo asked.

            “I don’t know. The door didn’t look broken or tampered so I am going to assume that they did find the key. We should try and find someplace else to hide it just in case.” Suho replied while walking around and looking at the deli.

            “Alright. Later on I’ll try and find a new place to put the key.” Kyungsoo explained.

            In the background Kai came over and started to mess with some things. “Kyungsoo are we going to go out for breakfast or are we going to make something?” Kai asked.

            There was a bit of a laugh from Suho. “So, Kai spent a few nights to your apartment? That kind of escalated fast.” He joked while looking around.

            “It’s not what you think! We just wanted to spend more time together and then we kind of just lost track of time so I let him stay at my place. It’s completely innocent Suho.” Kyungsoo explained.

            “That’s Suho on the other side?” Kai asked in shock.

            “Yeah, don’t worry he’s cool with everything. I talked to him right after you kissed me so there’s nothing to really worry about.” Kyungsoo assured Kai.

            “Yeah but just remember that there will be no PDA in our deli. When its work time you work. If it’s break time do whatever you want.” Suho explained while going to the back and looking around to see if anyone was there.

            “I know that. I was the one who made that rule.” Kyungsoo replied.

            “I know. That’s why I’m joking with you. Well, it looks like no one is here and nothing has happened so I’m going to hang up now.” Suho explained.

            “I hope it’s not like the movies where once you hang up something happens to you. I can’t help you there.” Kyungsoo explained.

            “Thanks for making me feel better about hanging up the phone. I’ll see you in about an hour.” Suho said and then hung up.

            Just to calm his nerves he went around one more time to make sure that no one was in the deli. He didn’t find anyone so he sighed and just went to his office. He unlocked the door to his office and entered. After taking one step his noticed that there was a piece of paper on the ground.

            Suho picked up the paper and read it. His eyes went wide as he read the contents of the note. It read:

Dear Exo-K deli,

            We all know that it was people from your deli who decided to spike the punch and cause a few people to become drunk. We have to admit that it was very well played. However, we are people who do not like to get tricked and pranked. So in return it’s only fair that we retaliate.

            Don’t worry we would never trash your deli. Not as a retaliation prank that is. However if you are reading this letter now we have already done something as a retaliation. You may or may not notice it right away. It really doesn’t matter since it has already happened.

            Good luck,

            Anonymous

When Suho read this he was a bit worried. There was a chance of this could have just been a bluff but then again he felt like this was a legit letter. It was just a matter of having to find out what had been tampered with.

            It was going to have to wait though since Suho had some paperwork that he needed to get done. When everyone came they were going to have to figure out what it is. He sat down at his desk and started on his paperwork just so that he could get it out of the way and focus more on the deli itself.

            A good two hours later the staff were all starting work and starting to make the food. There was one tiny problem though. They all had found out the retaliation that the note had talked about. Suho was in his office and was oblivious to the whole thing until someone finally yelled in frustration.

            “I am so sick and tired of this! Suho come out here right now because this isn’t funny anymore!” They yelled.

            From what he could tell, it was Baekhyun who was frustrated. He stood up from his desk and made his way over to the kitchen. What he saw when he got there made him cringe. There were very few things to piss Suho off but this was definitely one of them.

            “Suho this is not funny. Why are all the bottles filled with ingredients that aren’t on the bottle and why are all the produce looking like they are five weeks old?” Baekhyun aggressively asked.

            On the inside Suho was ready to explode. He was really good at holding his anger in though. “I know exactly why. Everyone staff meeting in the break room now!” He said aggressively.

            Everyone looked at him in fear. Again, they know that when Suho is mad, he really is mad. They all gathered in the break room and looked at each other. No one truly knew what was going on at the moment. Suho was the last one to enter the room. There was an angry look on his face.

            When everyone looked at him he slammed down the note that was slid under his door on the table. “This was slid under my office door this morning. They claimed that they are retaliating from the prank with the punchbowl. I want to know who spiked the punchbowl in the first place. You may have started something that can’t be undone.” Suho explained.

            “Are you serious? They are only doing this because someone spiked the punch? That’s a bit of an overreaction don’t you think?” Sehun thought out loud.

            “Well I believe that it was EXO-M deli who did it and I wouldn’t be surprised if Kris is even involved. Anyway they are not ones who like to get fooled and lose easily. So, this is their way at getting back us. I plan to end this but I need to know who spiked the punch in order to do this. So who wants to confess that they did it?” Suho asked.

            Sehun and Kai already knew who did it. They looked at Chanyeol and Baekhyun but didn’t say anything. They weren’t going to rat them out since they both knew that they wouldn’t rat them out either. As much trouble as they all get themselves in they would never give in to telling on each other. There was also the fact that if one told there was much that the others would have on that one person.

            After a few moments of silence Suho sighed. “Fine, no one wants to fess up to doing it. Maybe they are targeting us not realizing that one of their own could have done it.” He thought out loud.

            “Suho, what are we going to do about the spices and the food? We have no fresh ingredients that we can use and I can’t do anything until the spices are back in their proper bottles.” Baekhyun explained.

            “I agree, I can’t make any fresh bread knowing that the ingredients might be tampered with. I can’t do it and risk it not coming out correctly. I hate to say it but we might need to close the deli today just to make sure that we can sort things out and buy new ingredients.” Kyungsoo said.

            The more they talked about it the angrier Suho became. Closing the deli for the day would really hurt them for the week but it was something that they were forced to do. They couldn’t do anything with all these ruined ingredients and messed up spices. In the end they all decided that they would go shopping and restock everything. Also they were going to lock up everything. Even the ingredients so when its closing time they know it’ll be secure.

            “Everyone this does not count as a day off! If I find out that you took the day off and go home you are automatically fired. You are all to go to the store and buy new ingredients or search and clean the deli to make sure that nothing else is tampered with. No one leaves to go home until I come back and give you the okay.” Suho said very aggressively.

            “What are you going to be doing Suho?” Chanyeol asked.

            “Are you going to go to the store with us to find new ingredients?” Kai asked while checking some spices.

            “I am going to head over to EXO-M deli to see if I can end this. I know if I don’t they might just keep on doing what they’re doing. So I’ll eventually be back. I may take a while to try and calm down. Right now I am ready to just explode.” Suho said in a very calm tone.

            “You could have fooled me.” Chanyeol said. He was trying to be funny but when Suho turned and glared at him with fire in his eyes. After that he just shut up due to the fact he thought he would die.

            “I’ll see you all in a few hours. As usual Kyungsoo is in charge. Remember, if you go home you will be fired.” Suho said and then made his way out of the deli.

            “You know, I am actually scared for my life right now. I am very intimidated. I thought Kyungsoo was scary when he’s mad. Hate to say it but you are nothing compared to Suho.” Sehun said to Kyungsoo.

            “Yeah, can you believe that that isn’t his worst? I have seen him much madder than that. At least you all know that you should never piss him off now. One day he may just get to the point where he would kill you.” Kyungsoo explained.

            Everyone looked at each other and then went on to do what they were told to do. They just all were trying to the best they could to clean the deli. A group of them then gathered together to try and figure out everything that they needed. All that they knew for sure was that they wanted Suho to come back happier and in a good mood when he saw that they finished everything. That was the ultimate goal.

           

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            Even though it was two days after the party Luhan was still having some symptoms from his hangover. He had a headache and he was still sensitive to the sun. Everyone looked at him and started laughing remembering certain things that he did at the party. For the most part he didn’t remember anything. The only thing that he remembered was sleeping in the same room as Sehun and when he thought of that he always blushed.

            “Luhan you need to stop over exaggerating the pain you feel right now. There is no way that you can still have symptoms from a hangover.” Tao joked with him.

            “Trust me Tao. When you are an extreme light weight it is very possible. My head feels like it been banged against a brick wall a thousand times. That’s how crappy I feel.” Luhan explained.

            “You know Luhan, you really need to go out and drink more. We can start off with the weak stuff and then go from there.” Lay joked with him.

            Luhan groaned and then gave Lay a death glare. “You are not helping at all. How about you just go drinking by yourself and your new boyfriend.” He now teased.      

            “Hey that isn’t cool. He’s not even my boyfriend. We are just friends right now. All he agreed to was dinner and a movie.” Lay explained.

            “I don’t know. That sounds a lot like a date to me. Especially if he said yes. I think there is more to your relationship with him Lay than you think.” Tao explained.

            Lay was surprised to hear that from Tao. “Well aren’t we wise. I’ve been meaning to ask you, what happened to make you have such a glow about you today Tao?” He asked.

            Luhan noticed that too. He thought about it and then he got excited. “Tao you had didn’t you?” He asked.

            There was a huge blush that started to fill his face. “I don’t know what you guys are talking about.” Tao replied.

            The two other boys looked at him and then at each other. They both started to giggle. “Our little Tao is growing up. Who was it? Do we know them?” Lay asked.

            “It’s none of your business. Besides I am sure that you wouldn’t want me snooping around in your love life. My lips are seal on everything involving my love life.” Tao explained.

            “Aw Tao come on. Tell me who you are seeing. I am dying to know.” Luhan asked in a very aegyo filled voice.

            “Speaking of dying I swore that your hangover was just about to kill you a minute ago. What happened to that?” Tao asked sarcastically.

            “You got me all excited that I totally don’t feel it anymore. Can you at least tell me whether I know him or not? I want to know at least that.” Luhan pleaded.

            “I am not saying a word. I know that once I do you will keep trying to get more and more out of me and that is definitely not going to happen. You can really forget about it.” Tao refused.

            “Fine. You know, usually Xiumin joins in in conversations like this. What is he even doing right now?” Luhan asked.

            Lay looked behind him and saw Xiumin and Chen talking and smiling at each other. They too seemed to have some glow to them. “Well from the looks of it they are flirting a bit. They also seem to have the same glow as Tao so I am going to guess that they also got laid this past weekend. Hey Luhan we didn’t get the memo.” He joked.

            “It’s because everyone here seems to be in a relationship but us. It’s only open to those who are in a relationship. If you’re not then you don’t get the memo at all. It kind of knowing that.” Luhan explained.

            “Don’t worry, you guys will find someone soon.” Tao replied.

            Both Lay and Luhan sighed at the same time. They didn’t want to wait but at the same time they knew that they had to be patient. The longer they stayed patient the more rewarded they knew they would get. The world was mysterious that way.

            They were about to head back to work when suddenly a car pulled up to their deli that caught everyone’s attention. Especially Luhan and Lay’s attention. They watched for a few more seconds until they saw the driver of the car.

            “Hey Lay isn’t that Suho?” Luhan asked him.

            Lay nodded at first. “That sure looks like him. What would he be doing here on a day when they’re open? It doesn’t make sense to me.” He said.

            Suho walked into the deli and looked around a little bit. He made his way over to the counter with a cold look on. “Where is Kris’ office?” He asked straight to the point.

            Everyone was a bit intimidated at that point. They knew that something was up and that there must be a big reason as to why Suho was acting that way. Usually Suho was sweet and kind but today he just seemed to be a little upset.

            “It’s through that door and to the right. It’s the first room that you’ll see. If the door is closed just knock and he’ll answer when he’s ready. Usually we just keep knocking.” Luhan explained.

            “Thank you. Oh, if you hear anything like yelling don’t be alarmed. That’s just how most of our meetings end up anyway.” Suho said and made his way over to Kris’ office.

            The boys watched Suho walk away and then they looked at each other. “He is so pissed right now. Could you feel that tension?” Lay asked.

            “Oh yeah I felt it. In fact it felt more intense than when Kris gets mad.” Tao said.

            “Isn’t that the truth? Let’s get to work before Kris comes out and notices that we aren’t doing what we are supposed to. Something tells me that he isn’t going to be very happy when he gets out of that meeting.” Luhan said. They all nodded and went back to doing their work.

            Kris was in his office taking a phone call when he heard constant knocking on his door. At first he was determined to ignore it. He knew that if it was an employee they would eventually give up. However this time the knocking just kept happening.

            There was only so much that he could handle and this was really testing his patience. Finally after a minute he couldn’t take it anymore. “Hey I am going to have to call you back.” He said and then hung up his phone. He then got up from his chair and walked over to the door. Upon opening the door he was about to yell until he saw Suho.

            “We need to talk Kris.” Suho said and then stepped into his office.

            “Please come in. Make yourself comfortable.” Kris said sarcastically and then made his way over to his desk and sat down in his chair. “What do you need Suho?”

            Suho slammed the letter on his desk and Kris glanced at it. “Are you behind this? If you are it’s pretty childish of you.” He explained.

            “What are you talking about Suho? I don’t even know why you are here right now. Shouldn’t you be running your own deli?” Kris asked.

            “Well typically I would but someone from your deli has caused us to close today and force us to buy all new ingredients.” Suho said with a bit of anger.

            Kris was surprised to hear that. “Seriously?” He asked.

            “Yes seriously. That note was slid under the door of my office. I found it this morning and it all points towards your deli.” Suho replied.

            Finally Kris picked up the note and started to read it. When he was finished he laughed a bit and leaned back in his chair. “That is kind of funny. Look, I actually had nothing to do with this one but I am almost sure that it was someone from my deli who did it. In fact I find this all a bit clever.” He explained.

            “You are kidding me? You seriously find this funny? We are a whole day behind now because of this stupid prank. What if this happened to your deli? You would not be laughing right now would you?” Suho asked.

            “Ah but it didn’t happen to mine. I am not responsible for what happens with my employees outside of work. All they do is work here and what happens after their shift I could care less.” Kris explained.

            “So I see. Well I hope you know that if something happens here then I can’t help you out either. My employees just work for me and then they are free to do whatever they want as well.” Suho said.

            “Wait, is that a threat?” Kris asked.

            “Take it the way you want. I just want you to know that I have quite a few employees who are a bit pissed off as well. I can’t assure that your deli is safe from being targeted.” Suho said.

            “Suho if anything happens to my deli I swear to God.” Kris started to raise his voice.

            “What? Just like what happened to my deli? If you aren’t going to do anything about this then I’m not either.” Suho yelled at him.

            “Do you really know what you are getting yourself into? This is basically a war that you are asking for!” Kris yelled back.

            “Then a war it is! Have a good day at work Kris. Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. After this I can’t say that you’ll really get a quiet and peace for a long while.” Suho replied and then left his office. Kris sighed and leaned back again in his chair. What was to come was going to be a living hell for him.

            While Suho was walking out Lay decided that he would just check up on him to make sure that he was okay. He got out from the back and caught up to Suho right outside the deli about to go into his car.

            “Hey Suho.” He yelled and then stopped.

            Suho looked up and smiled at Lay. “Hey, sorry I didn’t say hi to you earlier. I was kind of on a mission in there.” He explained.

            “Don’t worry about it. Are you okay? You seem a bit tense. Did something happen at your deli today?” Lay asked.

            There was a sigh from Suho and then he smiled again. “Yeah something happened. It’ll work itself out though. I want to give you a warning though. Things around here might get a bit messy. Things that I can’t stop. Just be careful for a while okay? Be prepared for anything.” He advised.

            This only confused Lay but he nodded. “I’ll be careful. I promise.” He said.

            “Thank you. Are we still on for dinner and a movie this Friday?” Suho asked him in a soft tone.

            Lay smiled brightly. “Yes of course. I am paying for everything so don’t worry about any of it.” He explained.

            “Alright if you say so. Well I have to get going. I have an emergency that I need to attend to. I’ll be seeing you.” Suho replied.

            “Yeah see you later.” Lay said.

            He watched Suho as he got into his car and drove away. Lay could feel the excitement growing inside of him and his heart was starting to beat fast. The smile on his face made him feel like it was going to be stuck that way for a very long time.

            The second that Lay stepped back into the deli Kris slammed his office door open and everyone jumped. “There is a staff meeting now! If you all want to live and have a job you better be in the break room in two minutes!” Kris yelled with his highly aggressive tone.

            Everyone rushed to the break room. Lay found Luhan and sat down right to him. Xiumin, Chen, and Tao all sat next to each other towards the front while Luhan and Lay managed to stay more towards the back. Kris watched everyone rush into the break room and find a place to either sit or stand for the time being.

            Once everyone was in the break room Kris grinded his teeth and looked at everyone. “Well I am going to come right out with it. Someone here has pulled a pretty good prank on EXO-K deli. Henry, I find that very clever. However, it was a very stupid move.” He explained.

            Henry looked shocked. “How did you even know it was me? I made sure that there was no way to tell who it was.” He explained.

            “Well first of all I know you, second of all you left a note and I remember your handwriting. Anyway thanks to Henry here, EXO-K is planning to seek revenge. I just spoke to the manager and he wasn’t happy. Understandably he basically claimed that their deli might retaliate to Henry’s retaliation. Ladies and gentlemen, we are now in a war. Prepare for anything to happen in and out of the deli. We will not go down that easily though.” Kris explained.

            “Yeah we got this. We can take them on!” A staff member said.

            Everyone started to cheer and clap. Lay and Luhan looked at each other nervously. They both didn’t know what to think about this since they basically liked people in EXO-K deli. This was going to be very hard for them.

            “Now let the war begin!” Kris yelled and everyone yelled and then they went back to work getting prepared for anything that could happen. Let the competition begin. 

 

A/N: BOOM SHAKA LAKA!!! I got this chapter out! I figured that if I really don't find time to write for the next few months since my winter break is almost over this would be a good place to stop. I will try my hardest to try and update but there is no gurantee's what will happen. I'll still try though. How is EXO-K deli going to retaliate? Hmmm, how about you leave your ideas in the comments. Maybe one of your ideas will be used :). Please comment. I love reading them. Thank you all subscribers and readers. I love you all.