Even though we can't afford, the sky is over us.

one day baby we'll be old, and think of all the stories that we could have told.

This is more a drabble than a fic and it's basically fluff without a plot (what was I thinking of pfft), but I'm publishing it anyway because a) it's been three months since I last published something (3 MONTHS) and b) the other fic I'm writing is an apocalyptic au and it's kind of depressing so I'm trying to compensate you beforehand. 

 

I just wasn't born for fluff.

 


 

 

Summer is coming to an end and the first sun rays reach Seoul not before 7am. Sunggyu is awake by that time already, nudging Woohyun softly. The younger blinks slowly, his room pitch black, wondering how long has he slept.

 

“It’s ok, you have slept more than enough and we don’t have any schedules until midday, come with me?”

 

If Woohyun was awake enough, he would probably be thinking about how disgusting Sunggyu’s habit of knowing exactly what he’s thinking is. Instead, he pouts and buries his head deeper in the pillow. Sunggyu takes his hand and plays with his fingers delicately, and a whispered ‘c’mon’ is all it takes for Woohyun to finally leave the bed.

 

His eyes are still half closed when the elder takes his hand and guides him through the corridor to the main door, where he helps him to get into his sneakers before finally leaving the dorm. Woohyun barely registers the elevator is going up, but when he tries to ask where they’re going Sunggyu just shushes him.

 

When the elevator stops, Woohyun blindly follows the other although now he is completely lost. Sunggyu lets go of his hand only briefly, enough time for him to search for some keys inside of his pockets, but quickly reaches to take it again once the door is open. He drags Woohyun, still between asleep and clueless, who shivers lightly once they’re out.

 

“There's a rooftop here?” Woohyun drags the words cutely and Sunggyu chuckles.

 

“Yes, I just discovered myself. I wanted to show you first.”

 

Woohyun lets go of his hand to walk to the railing ahead of the older. It’s high, really high, and the view of Seoul from there is breathtaking.

 

“Thank you,” Woohyun breathes.

 

By the time he turns around, Sunggyu is already walking towards him smiling.

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

They stand side by side against the railing in silence for a while, enough for the sun to reach the highest buildings in sight and fully bath the rooftop.

 

“Should we go through today’s schedule?” Woohyun asks finally, fully awake now.

 

“Let’s not talk about work just yet.”

 

“Ok, what should we do then?”

 

“Let’s stay like this a little longer.”

 

Woohyun moves slowly until their arms are touching; Sunggyu has closed his eyes enjoying the feeling of the sun on his face. The younger approaches him and nuzzles his face against the crook of the other’s neck, and when the older doesn’t react breathes heavily against it. Sunggyu hums and he takes that as a signal to continue, so he moves until he his behind the leader and encircles his arms around the leader’s waist.

 

“We don't have to tell the others about this place,” Woohyun says while kissing Sunggyu’s neck. “Let’s keep it just for us.”

 

“Yeah, ok.”

 

Sunggyu seems to be falling into slumber while standing, eyes closed, sun bathing his skin and all his weight pressed against Woohyun, so the younger bites the soft flesh under his ear until the other whines.

 

“That hurts, you jerk.”

 

“Don’t fall asleep, not yet.”

 

Sunggyu finally turns in his embrace and holds Woohyun’s face between his hands, painfully squeezing his cheeks as a revenge.

 

They kiss slowly and languidly for what seems like a long time and eventually end up just hugging, Sunggyu’s face buried in Woohyun’s neck and Woohyun’s in Sunggyu’s hair. Woohyun would never admit it, but he loves those kind of hugs; not Sunggyu’s friendly half-assed hugs, in which he pats his back softly and keeps a noticeable space between their bodies. No, he hates those.

 

But he loves it when Sunggyu hugs him tightly, clinging to him like a little kid. And probably one of the reasons he loves those is because he knows Sunggyu needs them sometimes; when he’s so happy he could cry, but doesn’t want anyone to see it; when he’s so tired he could collapse and needs someone to hold him; when he’s acting like a jerk and needs someone to bring him back to earth.

 

Or sometimes, sometimes he doesn’t need them, but he still likes to be reminded that he’s loved.

 

So Woohyun hugs tighter, inhales the faint smell of shampoo on his disheveled hair, and then murmurs “let’s go back to bed, just a little bit longer.”

 

And Sunggyu, just because he’s feeling calm and full and loved, complies, and now it’s Woohyun who takes his hand and guides him back home.