Fin.

Good Morning, Sunshine

“Jongin. Wake up.”  Kyungsoo turns around to face the warm lump next to him.

A groggy moan is the only thing he graces Kyungsoo with.

“We’re going to be late if you don’t wake up right now! We have early classes today.” Kyungsoo repeats it again, more forcefully this time. He rocks the round lump of covers again and when nothing happens, Kyungsoo finally just flings the white down material off the bed.

“Hey! What was the for.” Jongin sits up to grab his arms, rubbing them up and down to show that he was cold. That’s what he got for sleeping in nothing but his Pororo boxers.

“For not waking up.” Kyungsoo drawls lazily, pulling Jongin’s sleepy form toward himself and he hugs him with the intent of warming the younger with his body heat. He couldn’t help it, the boy looked a bit pitiful in nothing but his childish blue underwear.

“Nngh.” Jongin settles into his arms and sighs in content, closing his eyes as he begins to drift asleep, this time in Kyungsoo’s arms.

Kyungsoo should be getting more annoyed, but seeing Jongin looking so vulnerable and peaceful is almost impossible to be displeased with.

Even still, they had things to do, places to be and people to see. Not to mention a vital lecture that was basically essential to attend in order to pass a certain pain-in-the--class.

Kyungsoo threatens Jongin as gently as he can, because even he wasn’t douchey enough to wake the other in the loudest fashion possible.  “I swear, If you don’t get up right now, you’re legitimately going to be eating dog food tonight.”

Sleep is a thing of the past for a now wide awake Jongin, and he had rigidly sprung up upon hearing threats related to his beloved food. There was nothing Jongin loved more--besides Kyungsoo--than his dear food. It also didn’t help that the dog food was as old as the last dog they had owned--Mr. Tuffles lived a good, long life-- 2 years ago.

“Kyungsoo, don’t test me.” Jongin glares at his boyfriend, and minus the crusty eyes, sleep tousled hair, and general lack of clothing, it’s a pretty threatening  glare coming from someone who had just woken up.

“No, Jongin, don’t you test me. When I say get up, I mean get the hell up.” Kyungsoo jests back, unfazed by Jongin’s crabbiness. He starts to straighten up their unsightly bedroom; Jongin always threw his crap everywhere with the intent of leaving it for Kyungsoo to pick up, knowing that the older hated a mess almost as much as he hated Crocs and Oprah.

Jongin lets out a  rattle snake like-hiss of defiance, before quickly reaching over the side of their bed to grab the plush comforter, then proceeding to fling himself at the bed head first, a pterodactyl screech released from the back of his throat when he is finally safely, warmly and happily wrapped back into a mushy ball of covers and pillows.

“Ok, what the actual frick are you doing.”

“asldkjf.” A muffled response from the covers. A moment later and a pair of mud brown eyes are peeking up at Kyungsoo as Jongin creates a small opening in his cocoon to watch Kyungsoo. “I am going back to sleep.”

A beat passes before Kyungsoo finally declares,

“...You’re obviously doing it wrong.”

Jongin laughs at his boyfriend’s unexpected response, but his laughter dies off when Kyungsoo launches himself on top of Jongin, also releasing a pterodactyl screech of his own.

Jongin groans in pain despite having  the down comforter for some cushioning. Even with Kyungsoo’s weight fully pressing on him though, he still stubbornly refuses to get up.

“Kim. Jongin. Get. up.” Kyungsoo, in a rather starfish-like way, wraps his arms and legs around the soft lump beneath him, and if it wasn’t under such ridiculous circumstances, the position could be really .

When there is no response or movement from the lump, Kyungsoo rolls over, grabs his favorite pillow (the feathers in this thing made it feel like you were sleeping on a cloud!) and swings it as hard as he can at the marshmallow like formation laying in the middle of their bed.

“Oof. Damn honey, you got a strong swing.” There is shuffling from below, and Jongin finally emerges from his haven, and judging by the sly smirk on his face, Kyungsoo would not be getting the last laugh.

Kyungsoo can’t help the teasing smile that breaks across his as he purposely chooses to ignore the nagging voice in the back of his mind telling him that if they didn’t hurry the heck up, they were screwed.

It’s Jongin’s turn to retaliate and he does so by forcefully swinging his own pillow into Kyungsoo’s face.

“UHM. OW?” Kyungsoo screeches, rubbing his nose while Jongin grins sheepishly and  inches closer to make sure Kyungsoo is ok.

“Pfft. I can read you like a book.” As soon as Jongin is close enough, and his defenses are down, Kyungsoo drops the hurt puppy act and grins widely;  this time it’s his pillow that is whacking Jongin in the face.

“Wow, ok real mature Kyungso-” Jongin gives him his not-amused- face, but Kyungsoo isn’t feeling so merciful anymore and decides to hit him again--even harder than before.

“Now you’re asking for it.” Jongin’s very attractive confident smirk only prompts Kyungsoo to swing at him again, but Jongin has finally stepped up his game: this time he manages to dodge the swing.

“All I hear from you is a whole lot of nothing.” Kyungsoo returns Jongin’s smirk with his own look of confidence, the message clear in his eyes: challenge accepted.

A sort of fight breaks out between the two, both swinging wildly at the other and thrashing about the bed in attempts to try and beat the other with as much force that could be mustered with feather pillows.

Their little trifle escalates into a full out war as it is moved from the bedroom to the living room where both could use the couches and their cushions for ammunition and cover.

“Why do you get the big couch.” Kyungsoo whines from behind the safety of  the futon where he was currently taking a breather.

“The bigger couch should go to the bigger guy.” Jongin quips, and even though Kyungsoo can’t see his face, he knows that the other was probably sporting a eating grin.

“I’m really not that much smaller than you.” Kyungsoo puffs his face out in annoyance. Why must he always point such trivial things out?

“We both know that Jongin Jr. is quite a looker. As for Kyungsoo J-” Kyungsoo doesn’t care if he’s wasting perfectly good ammunition: he chucks the firmest pillow he has at Jongin’s stupid face. The blush blooming across his cheeks is cute the first five seconds, but the animalistic snarl he lets out before attacking Jongin with his best pillow just ruins it. 

Jongin lets out a yelp and scrambles to assume his battle position. He’s a second too slow though, and in a flash, Kyungsoo has him pinned down by the hips with his back flat against the hardwood floor.  Kyungsoo continuously beats him with the pillow, and before long Jongin is breathlessly begging “Stop, please hyung, stop!”  After a bit more of this Kyungsoo, feeling satisfied, does stop. He has a pleased grin on his face, and he thinks he had done pretty well for being such a “small” male. Until Jongin decides to use Kyungsoo’s own tactics against him, and bashes him flat in the face with Kyungsoo’s favorite pillow once again. Except this time, the pillow, which has been subject to much abuse at this point, bursts into a tumult of blissfully white feathers that float off into every possible direction. Some of them catch in Kyungsoo’s hair, others land on Jongin’s face, the couch, on the floor, on their blankets, and even into the kitchen. Jongin’s eyes widen in shock when he realizes that he had just destroyed Kyungsoo’s favorite pillow.

Jongin is freaking out, a million different ways to apologize running through his head, starting with actually picking up after himself. Kyungsoo’s spontaneous laughter isn’t what he had expected though, and when Kyungsoo actually breaks the other pillow open and throws the fluffy white feathers up into the air like confetti, he can actually feel the constipated look of confusion and surprise over taking his features. As the feathers rain down on the both of them, and the sunlight peeking in through the thin curtains fill the room with warm morning rays, Jongin realizes how much he loves mornings like this; how much he loves it when Kyungsoo surprises him; and how he would give anything for it to be like this everyday for the rest of his days.~

The coffee that Kyungsoo had started to brew before attempting to wake the beast is done now; A rich roasted aroma, which should serve as a reminder to them that they were late, wafted through their small but adorabley cozy flat.  Kyungsoo doesn’t seem to care anymore however, and the two take to frolicing like little girls in the groves of feathers that were floating around their apartment. Jongin turns on the ceiling fan and all the feathers are dancing again. They rove around in the feathers for the rest of the morning, further adding to their mess as they play with whip cream during breakfast, as well as with the mess of bubbles and soap that comes with washing the dishes. When the two finally curl up together at the end of the day to watch a movie, Kyungsoo has no regrets missing class that day.

--

That is, of course, until he gets back to school the next day and realizes how, somehow in that one day, they managed to go over some really crucial crap, thus leaving him basically screwed, for the rest of the term.

When the new semester starts, Kyungsoo replaces their pillows with  cotton stuffed ones for good measure.

 

A/N: how dare you ruin your boyfrandsss fav pillow jongin. bad jongin. ahhh. I listened to halo by beyonce for like 10 hours so then idk i just imagined  that kind of like hazy image when i think of their apartment with the warm morning sun~ I love it when the sun does that in the morning. I like to lay out in the sun....i'm like a cat lmao. If you haven't noticed I like animals. Pterodactyls and starfishes and snakes and dogs and cats. Moo.