The Beginning

A Precedented Friendship

I do not know if I will actually be switching POVs, but I thought I would include it just in case.  Ummm...italics show Skylar's thoughts on what had happened.

----------------------------------------------->

 

Skylar’s POV

            So after I had been living on my own for a few months with no problems, everything turned out to be too good to be true.  I was sitting in a coffee shop with my few belongings while I was soaking wet because it decided to start raining just to make my day worse.

            The shop was loud, not that I minded because I had found a quiet table in the back that hid me from the remaining customers.  Customers who would undoubtedly be judging me based off of my appearance, which was rude and possibly the only thing I hate.  All the teenage girls suddenly started screaming.  Who knows, some celebrity probably arrived.  Well, the night got worse when I thought it might actually get better.

            All of a sudden, the café got suspiciously quiet.  I lifted my head off the table in order to see what was going on and came face to face with someone who I can only describe as a deer. 

“Oh, you’re alive,” he said.

“W-Who are you?” I asked, feeling shocked and slightly creeped out.

“I’m Luhan and these are my friends.”  Only then did I notice the other five attractive guys surrounding my table.  Why the heck were they all staring at me like that?  Oh right, I was drenched and probably look like crap.

“Ok, but who are you, really? And what do you want from me?” I was suspicious, random and attractive strangers usually don’t just walk up to me.  Just having an encounter with a ert made me freaking paranoid.  Ugh, what was I supposed to do then!

“We were wondering if you were alright?”

“I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?  Normally people don’t look dejected and sad when they are fine.  Wait…do you not know who we are?”

I just looked at Luhan in confusion.  All I knew about them was they were all friends and then one who was talking to me looked like a deer and was called Luhan.

“No,” I admitted, “all I know about you is what you’ve told me so far, which isn’t much.”

“Well that is certainly surprising.” He was tall, taller than the rest of them and had blond hair and what I can only describe as a face.

“Most people recognize us on sight.”

“At least it’s pleasantly refreshing from having to deal with all the fangirls.”  He was a PANDA!  Well, not really, but he did look like one.  He had dark skin, very big eyes, and cuteness that just made me want to hug him.

“Umm, I’m sorry, but it would really help if you could tell me your names.  Also, what do you want?  You never answered my question.”

“Oh,” answered Panda, “Sorry, I guess we are being rude.  Well –”

But Luhan cut him off.

“Hold on, it’s not that easy for us to talk to you right now.  It looks as if you have nowhere to go, why don’t you come back with us to our dorm and we can talk more?”

“Umm, I don’t know if that is a good idea.” I thought about the creepy landlord and must have visibly shuddered as I felt arms around me all of a sudden.  I tensed up, but then relaxed as I saw the panda hugging me.

Panda pouted and said, “We won’t do anything, we promise.”

“Ok, I guess its better than sleeping here.”  And with that statement, they all looked at me in shock.  Even face looked shocked!

“You are definitely coming with us,” said panda sternly.  Although I don’t know how he was stern, he was just exploding with cuteness.

            Getting to their car, which only had six seats, left me with a dilemma.  They all automatically took the seats they usually occupied, leaving me flustered.  I was going to have to sit on someone’s lap.  Well, the panda looked like a good choice, especially because he was sooo cute!  Plus, I didn’t think it would be awkward between us.

            I was right, it wasn’t awkward and his lap was comfortable, leading me to fall asleep almost instantly.

            After being rudely awoken by a deer named Luhan, I realized we were in their dorm.  Their dorm had a big living room full of comfy chairs and couches, one of which I was laying on.  I could see part of the kitchen that was surprisingly clean for 6 boys.  And behind me was a hallway leading to, what I presumed, were their bedrooms.  I had no recollection of being transported from the car to their dorm.  And I supposed I voiced my thoughts out loud as someone answered my unspoken question.

“Tao carried you from the car,” said Luhan.

“Who?” I asked.

“Me.”  Oh, the panda carried me.  Wait, he’s strong because I am not necessarily light, especially because I am a dancer and I used to be a swimmer.

“Well I think we should start off with introductions.”  Following the voice, I found face seated on the couch next to me.

“Ok, well my name is Skylar and I moved here a few months ago from Seoul,” I started shyly.

“I’m Kris,” said face.  So that’s what his name was. “But you can call me YiFan and I’m the leader of the group.”  All the other boys started teasing him; I didn’t catch all of it, but it had to do with letting me call him YiFan instead of Kris. 

“I’m Tao.  My nickname is panda and I’m the youngest in the group.”  I smiled at him receiving a smile back.

“I was right,” I mumbled under my breath, but apparently YiFan heard me.

“Right about what?”

“Ummm, that he looked like a panda.”  I was so embarrassed.  But it only caused the rest of them to tease Tao.  Tao, like the panda he is, came to me for protection.  I let him snuggle into my side while we continued with the introductions.

“I’m Xiumin, but most call me baozi.  Oh, and I’m also the oldest.”  He had a round face, which did remind me of a bun, but he definitely did not look like the oldest.

“I’m Chen and that’s it,” spoke a boy with black hair and a willowy build.

“I’m Luhan, as you already know.  And my nicknames are princess and deer.”

“Ha, I knew that had to be your nickname.” I shouted, which caused Tao to jump.

“What did,” asked Tao.

“Deer,” I replied simply, causing everybody except Luhan to fall into hysterics.  Apparently it’s funny that someone who just met them figured out his nickname.

“And I’m Lay.”  He spoke so softly that I was barely able to hear him over the others laughing.  He looked like a dancer and he was shy, which made me like him immediately as he was certainly not as cocky as face, excuse me YiFan, was about his good looks. 

“So who are you guys?” I asked quietly, finally desperate to know the answer.

YiFan answered, “We are part of an idol group called EXO.  There are 12 of us in total.  Half of us are here, promoting Mandarin songs in China, while the other six are promoting the same songs in Korean in Korea.  Xiumin is the oldest and he is a rapper.  Luhan is second oldest and a vocalist.  He’s also the face of the group.  I’m next and I’m the lead rapper.  Chen is next; he is the main vocalist.  Lay is the main dancer.  And then Tao is the youngest.  He’s also a rapper and does wushu.  You’ll probably meet the others next month when they come to perform with us at the Beijing Music Awards.  So we can just introduce you to them, then.”

            I just nodded my head, agreeing with what he was saying.  The action made me tired and I started to feel my eyes closing and my mind drifting off to dreamland.  The six boys decided to let me sleep and Tao carried me to one of the extra rooms before they all retreated to their respective rooms.

 

--------------------------------------->

I would love to have feedback from anybody, really.  Just please don't say that you hate it... :(

I would especially appreciate any advice/tips about describing the setting because that was hard for me.