A tutor?

Stole My Heart

 

The next day was completely and utterly horrible for Chanyeol. He managed to make a fool out of himself in front of Baekhyun. It had been a peaceful day but then he had to go and receive his test (which he had failed…and failed badly). On his way back to his seat, he stumbled into Baekhyun’s desk. The other boy had chuckled and asked him if he’s okay but instead of answering Chanyeol seemingly ignored him, staring intently at his test while feeling how he was starting to sweat.

It ended with Baekhyun touching his hand in worry for his classmate and Chanyeol jerking away with his whole body and returning to his seat, leaving Baekhyun staring after him in wonder.

He probably hates me now

Why did he have to be such a retard? Why couldn’t he be normal for once?

If he was completely honest with himself, it was the first time he even thought that way. It was the first time he kind of regretted not socializing with his classmates before. He had absolutely no experience with other people besides his family. But the thing was that he had never felt this way before and the fact Baekhyun was the one to make him feel this way meant that his feelings weren’t that simple anymore. He actually wanted to try, just for Baekhyun.

He sighed into his arms, ignoring the world and wallowing in his own misery. Or at least until his name was called out loud by the teacher. Chanyeol’s head snapped up, gaze automatically finding Baekhyun who, for some reason, was also looking at him, eyes quite wide.

The teacher went back to explaining something entirely else and Chanyeol was left wondering what it was about for the rest of the lesson. It made him restless, unable to concentrate on anything, especially on math. He planned to bolt from the classroom as soon as the bell rang and skip the rest of the school day but no such luck. Baekhyun was faster, blocking his way. Chanyeol was startled to see him in front of himself and Baekhyun’s inscrutable expression did nothing to ease his nerves.

“Are you free today?” he asked then, his eyebrows rising when Chanyeol just gaped at him.

“Yeah, why?” he asked after finally getting over the initial shock of Baekhyun talking to him.

“You heard the teacher, didn’t you?”

“Of course.” Chanyeol nodded, not convincing even himself. Baekhyun sighed.

“I’m your tutor…starting today. I have piano lessons three times a week but today I’m free so can you?”

“Uh, yeah sure.” Chanyeol agreed. And then Baekhyun smiled.And then Chanyeol cried (fortunately, it stayed within the confines of his mind).

“Then, I’ll wait you at the gates, okay?”

“Yeah.”

“Well then… see you?”

“Yeah…”

And gone he was, leaving Chanyeol’s mind in frenzy. Because what the hell, was he really going to be tutored by the first person whom he had ever had a wet dream, his crush and the object of his unnatural obsession?

On the other hand, he was going to be tutored by a girly boy who liked to wear makeup, skirts and dresses so Chanyeol figured he wasn’t all that bad.

Only that he was.

And where was the tutoring going to take place anyways? He would have been fine with his own place if only he didn’t have a of a sister at home; just waiting to ruin his chances with Baekhyun (not that he had any chances at all).

No. Baekhyun’s house would be the perfect place, and then he could perhaps find out Baekhyun’s secret as well. Or rather, find more evidence that the girl had indeed been Baekhyun because although he was sure, it wouldn’t hurt to find out more and confirm it even further.

All he had to do now was to survive the day without getting a seizure and…survive the rest of the day with Baekhyun. Yup. He could do it!

 

“Oh, hi!” Baekhyun exclaimed when he spotted Chanyeol nearing him. He waited until the taller was close enough before he said anything else.

“I was thinking that my place would be better for our tutoring session since my parents are never home anyways, so if it’s alright with you?” Baekhyun asked tentatively, searching approval in Chanyeol’s expression which he did find in the form of a nod.

“Cool. I don’t leave far away, let’s go.”

Again, Chanyeol nodded, not trusting his voice to speak. They walked in silence for about fifteen minutes before they arrived in front of a seemingly spacious, white house in a nice neighbourhood quite near the school. Chanyeol thought Baekhyun’s quite lucky to live so close. He had to wake up two hours earlier as his ride to school took about an hour.

Baekhyun opened the gates and laughed out loud when a fluffy white dog jumped into his arms. Chanyeol stood by the gates, staring at the two in wonder. He didn’t know that the fierce, seemingly uncaring Baekhyun (and let’s not forget a dresses wearing Baekhyun) had this cute side to him.

After a bit of cuddling with the dog, Baekhyun motioned for Chanyeol to follow him into the house and yes, indeed, it was huge and spacious and very modern. But also a bit emotionless because everything was black and white and most of the furniture was made out of glass. Chanyeol could imagine himself tripping and destroying the whole living room as soon as he saw the shelves made out of class, huge TV in the wall and the seemingly made out of glass small desk in front of the leather couch as well.

They passed by the living room (Chanyeol was careful), up the stairs, along the hallway into a room which was a lot more comfortable. It had more wooden colours and it was warm in a very Baekhyun way. Chanyeol sat down on Baekhyun’s bed after being offered the seat and waited until Baekhyun joined him.

“Well then, let’s start.” He muttered and Chanyeol nodded, wordlessly pulling out his math textbooks, meditating in his mind to stop himself from sweating one, and doing anything stupid two.

Only half an hour had passed when Baekhyun groaned and fell onto his back in his bed, shoving Chanyeol with his legs, kicking him until the startled boy stood up, wide eyed as usual.

“What?” he asked reluctantly, wondering what he’d done wrong.

“You’re not concentrating! Dude, at least try! It’s not like I have all the free time in the world, okay?” he announced, huffing. Chanyeol nodded and stared at his feet, looking like a kicked puppy. Baekhyun stared at the taller boy, deciding that the long, curly hair which covered almost all of Chanyeol’s face was one of the things that drove him mad. Chanyeol was just so sloppy, weird and…well… weird, and that hair only made it worse.

He had noticed the guy before but he hadn’t given him much thought, not even when he caught him staring at him twice because everyone knew that Chanyeol was a creep so it was kind of expected.

Well, he wasn’t as bad as he had expected him to be, but whatever good he was starting to think about Chanyeol was ruined by the hair. It made him look careless and even kind of scary, because you could only see his nose and mouth. And now the dude kept fidgeting nervously while he was trying to teach him out of his own free time and, obviously, ignoring his words of wisdom.

He gave up after a minute of staring and sighed, heaving himself up from his bed and leaving his room.

“I’ll be right back.” He said as he turned the corner. A cup of cocoa would surely ease his mind.

 

Chanyeol dared to glance up again only when Baekhyun had left the room and then, too, he just stood still for a minute, feeling a bit guilty, but knowing full well that concentration with Baekhyun would be clearly impossible.

Then he launched into action. He opened the dresser and went through the shelves, not finding anything from there, he moved to Baekhyun’s study desk. There was nothing there too. The last option was the bed. He crouched down in front of the bed and looked under it, seeing a brown box. He pulled it out and opened the cover, discovering a whole stash of beauty and style magazines. He grinned in victory. But that wasn’t quite it, now was it.

He crouched back down and pulled out another box which had been hidden behind the first box. This one was bigger. He opened it and…bingo. He pulled out the baby blue dress and examined it, holding it away from his body to see if it was the same dress his girl had wore. Unfortunately, he caught sight of someone standing by the door, two cups in hands.

Baekhyun dropped the cups as his eyes widened. He didn’t even notice the brown liquid seeping into the wooden floor as he was too stunned.

 He stuttered for a bit, trying to understand why Chanyeol was going through his most secret stuff without his consent. After the thought, his mind was invaded by another, much more terrifying thought. He knew. Chanyeol knew.

He marched into the room, grabbed the dress from Chanyeol’s hands and stuffed it back into the box. Then he stood up and glared down at the frozen Chanyeol who was still kneeling on the floor. Baekhyun slapped him and slapped him hard.

“Get out of here.” He hissed, his tone laced with uncontrollable anger.

“But I-Baek, wait, let me explain!” Chanyeol fruitlessly begged but Baekhyun took him by his collar and forced him to stand up. He punched him just under his ribs and laughed humourlessly.

“I don’t want to hear your explanations, just get the out of here and just try to approach me in the future, I’ll kill you, you hear me?”

Chanyeol nodded, holding his stomach and starting to leave the room. He turned back once more before leaving, but the passionate hate in Baekhyun’s eyes was enough to send him stumbling from the stairs and out of the house.

All the way home, he kept cursing himself and his stupid curiosity. He thought he was only interested in Baekhyun because of what he had seen, he thought that that was the reason of his crush but now he had to face the harsh reality of the fact that he had actually liked Baekhyun himself, for who he was. At home, he fell into his bed and fell asleep after hours of tossing restlessly around in his bed, feeling miserable.  

 

-

 

Lame, so lame. I really wanted to write exactly like in the manga, but my brain just...