Cigarette

Of Lollipops and SMS

Dedicated to Kim Taeyeon. Late birthday post :)

——————
Cigarette







She put the small white stick in between her lips, took out the small burning equipment and lit the stick. She pulled it away from and blew beautiful patterns of smoke in the air. Kim Taeyeon glanced back at her phone as it displayed the contents of the new message on the screen.

You’re smoking again.

She got fed up of him, her studies and the same old routine of her life. She hated it; she detested it, along with his remarks about her and smoking.

You’re really not going to stop aren’t you?

She threw the phone as high as she could and clenched her fist as she watched it fight gravity and fall five floors down. “Why do you care? Why do I even have to care about what you think?” She shouted, enraged. She wasn’t scared of anyone seeing her. People barely came up to the rooftop and she wasn’t scared of teachers seeing her smoke or hear her scream out her bottled up emotions.

She was sick of her life.

“I scold you that you’re smoking and you throw your phone?” She heard him say behind her. He came up to her and snatched the burning white stick in her hands and stomped on in. “You know that its neither good for your health or your voice.”

“Will you please stop telling me what to do?” She gritted through her teeth.

“I’m not telling you anything,” he cupped her face in his hands, “I’m just worried about you.” He then leaned down and placed his lips on her forehead. She closed her eyes as she engulfed his warmth for a brief moment as the cold spring air swept through the gap between them.

He took a step back and took out the phone in his pocket and placed it in her hands. He gave her a small smile and left. For a while, Taeyeon just stood there; a trace of disbelief seen in her eyes. She then noticed the mobile phone in her hands. A smile crept up her face as she read the words displayed on the screen.

I love you Kim Taeyeon