Then and Now Part 1

This is War (Hiatus)

Then and Now Part 1

Yoona and Sooyoung both purchased their lunches at the cafeteria and then proceeded to eat lunch at the roof. The two surprised each other by how big their appetites were. The two shikshins enjoyed each other's company, especially because they discovered that they were very similar in many ways. They were both easy going, shikshins and funny. Sooyoung learned a lot more about Yoona, like how the girl would open like an alligator when she laughed and how much she loved to pull pranks. Sooyoung found the younger girl completely adorable.

"Yoona-ssi. If you don't mind me asking and you do not have to answer this question.. but uhm.." Sooyoung scratched the back of her head, contemplating if she should or shouldn't ask the girl.

"Just call me Yoona. And ask your questions. I won't mind." Yoona smiled at the taller girl and took a drink of her water bottle. Sooyoung blushed at the younger girl's breathtaking smile. 

"Are you in love with Kwon Yuri?" Sooyoung carefully asked while looking at the ground. Although she already knew the answer. She just wanted to make sure. She heard Yoona cough and quickly looked up. The girl was choking from drinking water.

"Omo!! Yoona are you okay??" Sooyoung gently pat the younger's back. When Yoona stopped coughing Sooyoung can notice the younger girl's blush.

"Y-yes.. I'm in love with Yuri" Yoona muttered. Sooyoung gave a sad smile and nodded. 

"Can i ask why?" Sooyoung said.

Yoona looked at the older girl and nodded. 

"She's been there for me since the beginning. I have known Yuri and Jessica since I was young. They were my neighbors." Yoona explained while hugging her knees and smiling. 

Sooyoung quietly listened to the girl to hear her story.

~~

Flashback

"Yoong- Ah.. this is our new home. Do you like it?" Mr. Im and Mrs. Im asked their 6 year old daughter. 

Yoona looked at her new home and shook her head. Her parents sighed and Mr. Im kneeled down to be at Yoona's level.

"Why not sweetie?" Mr. Im asked his daughter. 

"Why did we have to move daddy? I liked our old home. I didn't want to leave it and my friends." Yoona said with tears forming in her eyes. 

Mr. Im gave a small smile and lifted his daughter up. Mrs. Im rubbed her crying daughter's back.

"Daddy's sorry, but I found a better job here. Our old home was too far away. Yoong I know you miss your friends, but you can make new ones. Like over there! Look three girls are coming our way" Mr. Im said while pointing to a young brunette, holding the hand of a really small girl, and a raven haired girl. The brunette was median height and had a small scowl, while the taller tanned girl had a bright, cheerful smile. The youngest girl was probably not even 4. Behind the girls were 2 women and a man.

Mr. Im put Yoona down so she could meet the new neighbors.

"Hello. I'm Im ChangMin. This is my wife, Im Hana and my daughter, Im Yoona. We just moved in today." Mr. Im introduced his family.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kevin Jung. This is my wife Vanessa and my two daughters, Jessica and Krystal." Mr. Jung said.

"I'm Kwon Solji and this is my daughter Kwon Yuri." Mrs. Kwon said.

"Nice to meet you all. Would you like to come inside our new home?" Mrs. Im asked her new neighbors. 

"Sure. Can our daughters play with yours?" Mrs. Jung asked the Ims. Yoona heard this and shyly hid behind her father's legs, hoping he would get the message. Mr. Im sees this and smiles.

"Mommy. I don't think she wants to play with us." Jessica says while holding her little sister's hand. 

"Of course not. She would love to play with you girls! Come on Yoona" Mr. Im grins and picks up his daughter. The Ims opened the door to their new home and welcomed their neighbors. The house was already decorated with furniture.

Mr. Im showed the girls Yoona's new room and the closed the door so he could speak with the adults.

"Wow. You have a nice room." Yuri said to Yoona.

"T-thank you" Yoona shyly replied.

"So what do you want to play?" Jessica asked.

"Uhm.. I have some video games. We can play that I guess." Yoona muttered.

This new girl is so cute. Yuri thought and smiled

"Unnie.. Krystal ish beri sleepy." 3 year old Krystal whined and pouted at her older sister while rubbing her eyes in a very cute manner.  

"Aish.. oh Soojung" Jessica sighs.

"Yah Sica she's just like you. I told you your sleepiness is contagious." Yuri teased, but stopped when she saw Jessica's glare. Yoona also sees Jessica's glare and quickly gets scared.

"J-Jessica Unnie. Your sister can sleep on my bed if she wants." Yoona said.

"Can she? Thank you Yoona. Okay Soojung are you really tired?" Jessica asked Krystal.

"Yesh Unnie" Krystal yawns and rubs her eyes.

"Okay go sleep. We'll lower the volume so the television doesn't wake you up."

"Tankyu Unnie" Krystal says.

The three older girls proceeded to playing video games.  

"Uh Unnies.. you two have been in this neighborhood for quite some time. Can you tell me about it?" Yoona asked.

"Well everyone is really nice. It's a good and peaceful neighborhood. BUT... there is one thing wrong" Yuri said seriously and stared at Yoona.

The doe eyed girl gulps and stares at Yuri.

"W-what is it?" Yoona asked.

"This house... it's haunted. Rumor is that people have died here and their ghosts still haunt in this house." Yuri says. The younger girl's eyes immediately widens. Jessica knows Yuri is joking and tries to hold back her laughter. The tanned girl chuckled when she saw that the younger girl believed her. 

She's so gullible, but in a cute way. Yuri grins.

The sky got darker and soon it began to rain. Jessica got bored with playing video games so Yuri the cable and a horror movie played. The three girls sat on Yoona's king sized bed, with Krystal sleeping on the side. To mess with Yoona, Yuri purposely closed the lights. Yoona sat between the two older girls. Every time she heard thunder or saw lightning, the shy deer would hold onto Yuri tightly, not that Yuri mind.

This new girl is really really cute. I almost feel bad for making her scared. Yuri smiles and hugs the younger girl.

Suddenly the girls hear a knock and Yoona screams. The door quickly opens and the girls sees their parents.

"Girls.. it's time to go home. It's already dark. Oh.. did Soojung fall asleep? Jessica I told you to stop influencing your little sister" Mr. Jung teases, but stops when she sees Jessica's glare. 

"Daddy!! This house is haunted!! There are ghosts here!! We need to move!" Yoona panics and runs to her father. Mr. Im looks at his daughter with a confused expression. Mrs. Im looked at the other adults and sees that they were just as equally confused. 

The adults hear Jessica and Yuri's laughter. They immediately realized what was going on.

"Kwon Yuri! Why are you scaring poor Yoona? Apologize this instant. I'm really sorry my daughter scared Yoona." Mrs. Kwon orders her daughter and bows to the Ims.

Yuri sees the scared expression on the young girl's face and feels guilty. 

"I was kidding. I'm sorry and don't worry Yoona. There are no ghosts here. Please forgive me." Yuri holds the younger's hand and gives her a smile. Yoona rubs her red eyes and nods. 

"It's okay Unnie" Yoona says, but was still crying a little. The younger girl stops crying when she sees Yuri kiss her cheek.

"There are no ghosts here. And if there were.. I'd beat them up for scaring you" Yuri smiles. Yoona looks down to hide her blush.

~~

2 Years later

Yoona, Yuri, Mr. Im and Mrs. Kwon were outside the operating room in a hospital. Mr. Im was holding onto his daughter tightly, trying to hold back his tears. Mrs. Kwon was trying to comfort the man. Mrs. Im had gotten into a car accident on her way home from work. Yoona and Yuri were at Yuri's house when they heard a loud crash. Mrs. Kwon and the girls run out the door, only to find that Mrs. Im's car had collided with a speeding truck. Mrs. Kwon screams and quickly calls for an ambulance while Yoona called her father's cell phone. The ambulance arrived shortly after and paramedics carried the bloodied body of Mrs. Im. 

Yoona watched the light on the operation room still on. Yuri hugs the younger girl. The black pearl had no idea how to comfort her best friend, all she could think of was letting the girl know that she is there for her. 

"Y-Yul.. what if Umma doesn't come out" Yoona cries. Yuri feels her heart breaking. The older girl wipes the younger's tears away with her thumbs.

"Don't be silly Yoongie."

The door from the operation room opens and the doctor walks out with a sad expression. He sees everyone waiting for him to speak. The doctor looks at Mr. Im and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry.. we did all that we could" The surgeon says and walks away. 

Later that evening, Mr. Im stayed in the hospital with the police officers to discuss if they will press charges, while Mrs. Kwon offered to let Yoona stay in their home tonight. While Mrs. Kwon was driving, Yuri kept glancing at Yoona, who was quiet and looked completely defeated. 

Yuri brought Yoona to her room and the two lay on Yuri's bed.

"Yoong.. you can cry if you want. Don't keep it to yourself. I'm here." Yuri says.

Yoona merely shakes her head. Yuri pulls the younger girl closer.

"Please Yoong.. just let it out." Yuri whispers into her ears.

Slowly Yuri feels her chest getting wet as Yoona finally cries..

"Y-Yul.. w-why... did.. umma leave me? D-did I do something wrong? Does umma not love me anymore? Was I a bad girl so God wanted to take Umma from me?" Yoona cries into Yuri's chest. Yuri hears her best friend and cries with her.

"Yoong you did nothing wrong. It was that driver's fault." Yuri says.

"U-Umma left me. What if Appa leaves me too? What if everyone leaves me?" Yoona sobs even harder.

"Don't say that Yoong! I will never leave you. You are my best friend and I love you. No matter what I will stay by your side." Yuri says and kisses the younger's forehead.

Yuri tightens her embrace. Soon after she hears light snoring and sees her dongsaeng asleep.

"Night Yoong. I will always be by your side" Yuri whispers and kisses the girl's forehead once more before slowly drifting off to sleep.

Flashback Ends

~~

Yoona tells her story to Sooyoung. The older girl was speechless. She knew Yoona and Yuri were really close, but she never would've have imagined they were this close. She could not believe how deep a bond Yoona and Yuri had together. She was even more surprised about hearing this side of Yuri. For the first time in her life, Sooyoung felt like she does not deserve Yoona and found some respect for Yuri.

"Then what happened to Yuri? Why is she like this now?" Sooyoung asked.

Yoona looks up at the older girl with a sad expression.

"She wasn't always like this... she changed after that day." Yoona mutters.

"What day? What happened?" Sooyoung asks and looks at Yoona.

The girl looks down and sighs.

"The day.... her mother was murdered by her father."

TBC

Part 2 will be up either this week or next week. Something for the troopers ;D and to make it harder for those shipping SooNa! >:3 Mwahahaha!! Jk Jk xD 

@ FanyJess You're welcome. Thank you for reading >.<
@ AS-VIP JETIII IS REAL <33
@ Youngielove SooNa is cute. Even though I ship YoonYul the most idk if this story will end as YoonYul same for SooNa :3 
@ 14vhudgensfan Thank you! I'm glad you like my fics ;~;