Revelations

Trouble

 

 

The sun was so strong today. And that completely mad detective asked him to a random park to “help him freshen up”. Seungri wasn’t pleased but the soft grasp of Sungdara’s hand reassured him. Today she asked to help. She had always been like that, blaming herself for everything, the scar on her eye nervously twitching every time GD was mentioned. He told her it wasn’t her fault but Dara was firm and stubborn. A few steps infront, clutching his hand, she made sure they followed the cobbled path into the greenery and pointed at one of the benches.

 

“That’s him, isn’t it?”-Dara laughed, her laughter like a bird chirping-“You did warn me he is weird but I actually like his hair. Mr. Kang!”

Long brunette hair swung as she waved and ran towards Daesung. For a moment the detective was utterly confused but then he noticed Seungri and grinned.

“What do we have here? A sharp little bird and a gloomy wolf. Delightful couple. Pleased to meet you Miss…?”

“Park, Sungdara Park”

“Aaah, yes, Dara-sshi, a lucky victim that escaped capture. Are you here to help us?”

“Yes. Would it be a bother if we went for ice cream? It’s really stuffy.”

“I’ll go buy it”-Seungri pulled out of her grasp at which she shot him with a deadly stare. It was something he’d do when uncomfortable: try to avoid the problem and get other people to deal with it. Dara was trying to get him out of that habit, which Jiyong had imposed. Seungri’s older brother had always taken care of all obstacles, sacrificing his own freedom.

 

“Melon flavour for me”-Daesung yelled after the rushing away younger man

A minute of awkward silence settled in but Sungdara smiled and moved closer on the bench.

“You must think he is cold and withdrawn”-her cocoa brown eyes examined the person opposite-“That’s what I thought as well that rainy day when I had forgotten my umbrella. But you know what, he stopped me in the street and called a taxi for me. It was a bit creepy”-she covered to avoid exploding into uncontrollable laughter-“And he looked so awkward shielding me from the rain. His face was red when I kissed him on the cheek to thank him. Everything looked like cut out of a drama. I’m glad I gave him my number. Hey, are you listening?”

“Yea, sorry. Doodling is my way of keeping focused. Tell me about Jiyong.”

Sungdara started playing with her necklace, the little silver swallow, shining brightly in her fingers. It was a gift from Jiyong. Daesung figured it had special sentimental value.

“Jiyongie”- sadness crept into her voice-“He is possibly the sweetest, brightest creature ever. I’ve never met anyone as genuine as him. When he was 18, he dropped out of college to take care of Seungri, since their parents left. Can you believe he actually got a job, cleaned, cooked and bought books for this gloomy downer here? Such a waste.”

 

Dara laughed and Daesung couldn’t help but chuckle.

 

“Seungri was actually a top student if you’d believe it. Too bad he decided to take this path but I don’t judge him. I’m kind of happy and hopeful he’d change his mind in the future”

“Do you know why he became a criminal?”

“Criminal is a harsh word, Mr Kang. He hasn’t dropped that low. I know the most Seungri has done is sell and beat up a few guys. The reason why this other big boss noticed him is because of nosiness and arrogance. It’s a deathly flaw. But since manly pride was hurt in the process, this conflict will escalate out of proportion.”

“Choi Seunghyun is dangerous, Sungdara. He has a proper criminal record: a suspect in the assassination of several drug lords, illegal weapon trade, trafficking historical artifacts. I could go on but your already worried thoughts will build up. You are in danger as well. Stay close to that wolf of yours”

“I know detective. Won’t leave his side, promise.”

A pigeon landed on Daesung’s leg and pecked the fabric of his jeans. Letting out a deep sigh, the silver haired man attempted to scare it off but it just jumped on the bench and towards Dara’s hand, which was full of seeds.

“Birds love me, I always carry these with me”- an appropriate answer to Daesung’s questioning frown

“I see…One more question for you, Dara. Can you tell me about the sort of things Jiyong would like to do when he’s free, like a hobby or interest?”-tapping at  the screen of his phone, the detective looked up in anticipation.

“Why? Very peculiar question. I’d say…go to the zoo maybe, have some ice cream. When it’s summer, he’s always out”-Sundara tilted her head and was about to ask what Daesung was planning to do when her boyfriend popped out of nowhere.

 

“Strawberry for you, my little swallow. And melon for you…detective with VERY childish taste.”

“Says the person who has a toy prize in his dessert.”

“I’m not keeping it, dimwit, Dara collects these”

His girlfriend punched him lightly and giggled

“Liar. Let’s get down to business now?”

“Oh, I already have what I need”

“Wait, how?”

“Me and your lovely girl here had a thorough chat.”-Daesung winked at Dara and she muffled her laughter with the popsicle.

“All I can say, dear Seungri, is that the next few days are crucial, very crucial. I will call you if your help is needed. Stay safe and don’t cause too much commotion. Seunghyun is unpredictable”

The detective stood up, opened his treat and lazily disregarded the wrapper.

“Enjoy your date in the park. You can’t say I don’t have good taste in locations”

 

~  ~ ~

I decided to develop Seungri and Jiyong's backstory a bit. Now you know about their past :)

Dara is responsible, sweet and funny, as she is in reality as well and she gets along with our detecive

Next week we're getting back to Gtop. I wonder what they'll do