Chapter 3

The Silent Protectors

Chapter 3: Forget What You Saw


The girls looked behind them to see another cloaked figure, followed by four others, running towards them. From this mans stature, he was stronger than the one that was currently unconscious.

The man was running quickly, much faster than the man before. It was at an almost inhuman speed. He sent a powerful kick at Dev who dodged it effortlessly, flipping backwards in order to avoid it. She knew not where any of these men came from and couldn't see the face because the hood was large and shadowed over their features.  The men narrowed their eyes and the twins mirrored their expressions.

"What are you doing?! Poisoning our brother?" The tannest one yelled. The eyes of the twins flashed a light gold at the accusation.

"Forget Me Not's," Dev said simply, aiming to keep her voice calm.

"What?" They blinked.

"Only one petal to make the thief forget about our little encounter. Wouldn't want him to be upset about getting his kicked by girls," She snickered impolitely.

"He stole our bag from us, your brother. We just came to get our stuff back and be on our way but he kept running, though we caught up easily. Then he did some weird thing and a tornado started forming around us. It takes an idiot to not know he had something to do with it so we knocked him out. It didn't hurt though because all Dev did was pressed a simple pressure point," Angel explained, attempting to ease the tension between the two parties.

The eyes of the 5 boys widened at what they had just heard, for two reasons. The first one being the fact that their brother had used his powers so carelessly. Though they were old, he was the youngest out of all of them and had the least control. He was still a teenager at heart and mind.

The second wasn't quite so obvious and they had to restate it again in their mind to catch it.

'...he kept running, though we caught up easily.'

Their brother was of the wind, so we was one of the faster ones in the group. These two Exotics were able to outrun him, and they were girls at that. It was just simply inconceivable though they know to heed those two girls carefully. Something about them was weird.

"State your name," one of them said. He had large eyes peaking out of his cloak but that was the only thing identifiable about him and he had a voice that was filled with power.

"I'll state mine if you state yours," Dev snapped. She hated being told what to do. She stepped forward to meet the challenge of the man but was stopped by a hand on her arm.

You better not start anything, Angel spoke telepathically to her sister.

I'll try, Dev replied. Along with their heightened senses came the ability to speak telepathically to one another. It was perhaps a part of their twin bond.

Dev noticed it was getting darker now and her mind was set into panic mode.

Use your whip, get the bag from the wind guy, Dev spoke telepathically to Angel who just barely nodded her head. It went unnoticed. Angel started to summon her whip behind her back as Dev started to retreat slowly.

"Forget what you saw and we'll forget what we saw too!" She yelled out to the 6 boys who were still in their nonplussed state. 

As Dev started to turn away, Angel unwound her whip and used it to grab the bag that the wind conjurer was loosely holding in his hand. That broke them out of their reverie. Angel and Dev soon sprinted away with their fast speed, and the boys started to chase after them. One teleported in front of them but they were expecting it and so Angel gave her hand a swift flick, grabbing his leg with her whip and making him trip. 

The boys continued to chase the girls back into the city and chased them until they had gone into the still heavy crowd of the marketplace. Each one cursed and drew up their cloaks, falling back into the shadows. 

As for the girls, they were still running but they knew they lost the strangers. They were running towards a small open area in the city, filled with gravestones. It was now dark by the time they got there. As soon as they had stepped foot into the small cemetary, they ceased their run and now casually strolled among the stones until they reached the one they wanted.

It was the only white stone there and the words were very precious to the girls, though some were much too faded to read. They hated how the graves here weren't treated and cared for daily. Only the name was written as clear as day.

...Lee Sora...

...Beloved moth... of...

...Devoted wife...

You'll alw... remembere...

The girls crouched down in front of the grave and took the roses from their bag, placing it on the dirt.

"Hello mother."