little treasures pt2

falling for you

 

“Why do you even bother with this job,” Hongki asks Jaejin one day.

He had no clue why Jaejin was even here, all he did was sit his in a chair and read. The only time he actually moved was when either him or Jonghun call for him to give out snacks, prizes, supplies, chase after the children or whatever.

“It looks good on my resume,” Jaejin says with a shrug. “And I may not look like it, but I like children,” he adds in when Hongki gives him the ‘dude you’re so ed up’ look.

“Are you completely sure,” Hongki asks, “are you completely ing sure.”

Thank god they’re in the teaching lounge or else he wouldn’t even be able to utter a single word considered “bad to the children’s ears”, he can’t even say crap or heck under the presence of the kids. Parents and their over-protective nature, though he would probably feel the same if he ever gets kids, if he does.

“Language,” Jaejin scolds.

“We’re not even in the classroom,” the blonde retorts.

The dark-haired boy scoffs, “so? At any moment now Seunghyun’s going to barge in asking for Jonghun and rub his dirty hand against one of our faces.”

And right on cue, Seunghyun is opens the door, demanding for his Teacher Choi with his hand in his mouth. Minhwan is right behind him, hiding behind Myungsoo who is only glaring at Hongki. What did he do this time to cause the kid to be mad at him? The last he remembered interacting with Myungsoo is giving him a toy.

Jaejin glances over at Hongki and mouths, “you deal with him.”

Hongki merely mouths back, “I already did the last time.”

Jaejin sighs, glowering at Hongki and gets up from his chair. He lowers himself at eye-level and gives him a small smile. “Seunghyun, Teacher Choi isn’t here at the moment.” He pats Seunghyun’s head and hopes to god that the little devil child won’t rub his dirty, wet hand against Jaejin’s face, anything but that. But much to Jaejin’s luck, his face falls victim to Seunghyun’s tradition.

“That , your face feels nice, Jaejin-hyung.”

Hongki laughs. “Oh my god, your face, Jaejin,” he’s clutching his stomach and doubled over laughing. He knows that Jaejin will kill him later on, but who cares. Jaejin’s expression was priceless.

“Seunghyun please take your hand off my face and wash them,” Jaejin says in a sweet voice, trying to ignore Hongki. “If you don’t, I’ll get sick and won’t be able to come and play with you.”

Seunghyun nods and runs out of the room. Minhwan and Myungsoo chases after Seunghyun, well not before Myungsoo giving Hongki another glare. Really, what did he do to make the kid so mad at him? Shaking his head he returns his attention to Jaejin who’s wiping his face vigorously with a wet tissue.

“You , Hongki-hyung, you’re going to be the next victim with Seunghyun’s wet spit and glue covered hand,” he hisses out.

“Nope, I bet it’ll bet it’ll be Yonghwa or Jonghun, one of those two,” Hongki reasons.

And a loud scream is heard from afar and Hongki is pretty sure Yonghwa had fell victim to Seunghyun’s little tradition of wiping his dirty hand against people’s faces. But who cares, it’s not like his face fell victim to it. Jaejin shakes his head and heads back to the classroom to announce that it was naptime for the little kindergarteners and that if they don’t get to the classroom immediately no piano and snack time. God he loved being a teacher assistant for little kindergarteners. 

-----------

a/n: i might make a drabble set with this au, god it's fun to write