Chapter 2

Gone, Not Around Any Longer

SHINee, being under the same company, was only a short floor down from Girls Generation's dorm. The group voted to have Hyoyeon and Yoona take Soonkyu down there, they had decided that any more people might cause too much stress for her memory. Hyoyeon barreled down the hallway as fast as she could, racing the other two girls. "No fair!" Yoona said as she reached the elevator a second later than Soonkyu. "You always win!"

Hyoyeon pressed the button and the three piled in. The SM elevator music played loudly and clearly: Girls Generation's I Got A Boy. Yoona and Hyoyeon were all dancing crazily to it while Soonkyu just sat there and stared at them until a flashback came to her.

"Taeyeon. It's almost four in the morning. We need to sleep." Yuri said with a yawn. Taeyeon just shook her head.

"Our first stage in awhile is today. We need to be perfect. We can sleep after it." She responded back. Sunny put her head on Jessica's shoulder. She was so tired and so angry. This had been the nth time they had practiced and she was still screwing up. Sunny was the only one who was screwing up, and they all knew it, too.

Tiffany said loudly and clearly to Sunny, "Don't worry, Sunny. We believe in you. This is just like any other stage. Don't worry about it." It was those words that pushed Sunny through her mistakes.

"We're here. Come on, their room is right next to the elevator," Yoona said, walking out. She seemed to know exactly where she was going as she knocked on a door with a small peephole in the top. "Sunny, hide." She demanded to her friend. Soonkyu did just that, standing out of sight of the door. A few seconds later, the door opened. A voice that Soonkyu recognized as Jonghyun was at the door, and he and another boy said hello to Yoona and Hyoyeon.

"How is she?" The unknown voice asked. He was obviously talking about Soonkyu, to which Hyoyeon grabbed her hand and pushed her right in front of the door. The boy who had been speaking was tall and had dark brown hair. Soonkyu saw his eyes open so wide at the sight of her, and he immediately embraced her. "S...Soonkyu. It's you. I..." Jonghyun grabbed his shoulder and whispered something into his ear quickly and harshly, and the boy stepped back with and understanding look.

"Hi, my name is Soonkyu or Sunny. What's yours?" Soonkyu asked, seeing that Jonghyun had probably explained her situation. The boy shook her outstreched hand.

"I'm Minho," He responded with a cute shy smile. "Have you met everyone in SHINee yet?"

Soonkyu shook her head, to which Minho forced her into their dorm. It smelled of Axe and sweat. She didn't particularly mind either of those scents, and she was pushed into a room where three unknown boys were sitting and talking. Persumably, the rest of SHINee. The boys turned to look at her, in complete confusion. Soonkyu raised her voice. "Hey there, SNSD's Sunny here!" She spoke. The boys immediately all ran over to hug her, asking her all kinds of questions she didn't know the answers to. It was quite depressing, really, but she explained. "I am released from the hospital, but I have extreme amnesia. I'm sorry to say that I can't remember any of your names, nor what memories we have."

The boy with blonde hair spoke with a sigh. "Oh. We figured there'd be a downside," He said, patting Soonkyu on the head. "My name is Kibum. But you can call me Key."

The next boy, one with orange hair, introduced himself next. "My name is Jinki, but call me Onew," He pointed to the last boy, who was very young looking with brown hair. "This is Taemin. We're so glad to have you back, noona." Onew, Key, and Taemin all hugged Soonkyu without a moment to spare. Jonghyun and Minho, along with Yuri and Hyoyeon, walked in and joined the huge hug also.

"Is there anything else you'd like to do today?" Hyoyeon asked with a smile after they had all finished hugging her. Soonkyu looked over at her friend with a confused stare. "Like, meet any other idol groups, go somewhere to eat, really, the choice is up to you. You can bring anyone, just tell me what you want to do."

Soonkyu thought for a second. "Do you think maybe someone could take me to see Infinite?" She asked. She definitely wanted to see Hoya and Dongwoo again.

"Sunny, they live a good twenty minute drive away," Yuri said with a laugh. "I don't know who would be willing to take you."

Jonghyun opened his mouth to speak. "I will. I'll drive her." He said quickly as to impress her. Jonghyun liked Soonkyu a lot, even though she was older than him. He wanted to see her happy. Soonkyu smiled brightly, the smile all of them had missed so much.

"Could we maybe take Onew along?" Soonkyu asked. She definitely wanted to get closer to her SHINee dongsaengs as well. Jonghyun nodded, and motioned to Onew to leave the dorm. Yuri and Hyoyeon said goodbye to her, and told Jonghyun to take good care of her or else. He took her and Onew and the trio practically flew down to the SHINee van. Onew took the wheel and Jonghyun sat with Soonkyu in the back. Soonkyu couldn't stop thinking about Hoya and Dongwoo all the way there. Jonghyun had started to play the SHINee song "Dream Girl" in the car, and he and Onew sang along with their parts. They then played "I Got A Boy" and also sang along, telling Soonkyu when she sang.

"I remember when we were all trainees together," Onew said with a smile. "Sunny, you and Key were like best friends forever. You weren't actually that close with Jonghyun and I."

"Really?" Soonkyu said. Key seemed like a diva. She didn't really like that a lot. She thought that Onew and Jonghyun were a lot more...down to earth. Nicer. More honest. She liked that.

It was about three more minutes until they would arrive at the dorm. Soonkyu felt her heart racing as they approached the building, passing through the security without a second glance, all it took was for Onew to roll down his window and wave at the security guards, who waved back. Jonghyun got out and walked around the car to open Soonkyu's door for her, but she had already left and was walking in the door with a spring in her step. Onew laughed a little at Jonghyun's failed attempt and the two ran in after her.

Soonkyu entered the building to no strange glances. It seemed almost no one outside of SM knew that she hadn't been awake for five months. She pulled over a random boy. "Hey! Do you know where Infinite's dorm is? I totally forget, I haven't been here in like five months." She noticed that the boy was almost shaking with exitement to answer her. She didn't quite know why.

"Fourth floor," He responded back. "And may I say, you are my favorite member of SNSD." Soonkyu smiled and grabbed a piece of paper and pencil off of a random desk, and came back to him, signing her name on it. Muscle memory took over and her signature was just how it had always been. The boy smiled and ran away, still insanely excited. Jonghyun and Onew found her then, and the three of them all went to the elevator.

There was some weird song playing inside it. Onew and Jonghyun identified it as one of Infinite H's songs, "Without You". Soonkyu fell in love with it immediately and as they were inside the elevator another flashback came.

"You're a very pretty girl, Sunny,"  Jonghyun said, winding his arms around Sunny's shoulders. She was drunk as all hell, completely unaware that Jonghyun was bluntly hitting on her. "Like honestly. You're gorgeous." He purred. Sunny just laughed and laughed and laughed. Everything was just so funny to her.

"You know, Sunny, I was thinking..." Jonghyun spoke to her. The other members of SNSD were walking around the party, talking with other SME idols. "Maybe we could go out? Like on a date?" Sunny suddenly became serious. Even when she was drunk, she knew her limits and morals.

"I can't," She said with a straight face. "We are not allowed to date. We really can't. I would, if I could." Sunny started mumbling.

Soonkyu looked up as the elevator opened. Jonghyun and Onew had been chatting loudly with no problem. Soonkyu stared right at Jonghyun, not believing what she had seen. Why did she remember such an awful memory, and why did she get the feeling no one had told her about it before?

As they stepped off the elevator to go to the dorm, they were surprised by seeing Hoya out in the hallway, pacing. "Hey, Hoya!" Soonkyu called over to him. She wanted to forget about the whole thing with Jonghyun. "What're you up to?"

"Just thinking," He said with a smile. "I wanted to go out tonight, but all my hyungs want to stay home and play video games."

Soonkyu's eyes widened and she smiled. Onew and Jonghyun approached the two just as Soonkyu practically yelled, "I'll go out with you!" She turned to Jonghyun and Onew. "Guys me and Hoya are going out tonight okay you two can go home tell SNSD I'll be back at some point tonight sorry I just really think that I should get to know Hoya better alright see you two later!" She got out in one breath. Onew started laughing, and turned to pull a surly Jonghyun back into the elevator to leave.

Hoya turned to Soonkyu. "Alright. Do you want to meet Infinite now?"

"Of course!" She smiled at him. Of course, she still couldn't forget her memory with Jonghyun. Maybe Hoya would be able to provide some insight.