Chapter 1

Gone, Not Around Any Longer

"Hyoyeon!" Soonkyu yelled, running down the hallway. "Hyoyeon, wait up! Guys, please!" She caught up with the group of ten as they were approaching the waiting room. Hyoyeon turned around and motioned for everyone else to stop. Taeyeon ran right up to Soonkyu and embraced her. Taeyeon began to cry and the eleven of them shuffled into a smaller waiting room.

"We've missed you, Sunny," The boy with pink hair said. He looked around uncomfortably before adding, "My name is Dongwoo. I forgot that you...don't remember who I am." Dongwoo walked to Soonkyu and shook her hand.

Soonkyu raised her voice a little in some attempt of aegyo. "Now, can anyone tell me who you all are and how I know you?" She said. She realized how stupid that that sounded, it seemed to her like these people had known her for years, but she couldn't quite remember how.

A boy with short brown hair smiled at her and said, "We're all part of the Korean pop music industry. You're in one of the most famous K-pop bands in the world, with fans across the globe. Girls Generation," Soonkyu choked on her spit, not believing at all what he said. The boy then brought over to her his iPhone and started playing Girls Generation's song, I Got A Boy, for Soonkyu to see. She watched the first few seconds, recognizing Taeyeon and Hyoyeon and then, finally, seeing herself. "See? You're one of the most famous K-pop singers ever. Your stage name is Sunny."

"And you are?" Soonkyu said, finishing watching the music video and giving the phone back to the boy. She was a little skeptical, but went along with what he was saying.

"Jonghyun. I'm in SHINee, it's a five group boy band under the same label as you," Jonghyun motioned to the other people in the room sitting around them in silence. "Let's just go around and say our names. We're all going to need to learn how to deal with this. Why don't we share our names and a fond memory we had with Soonkyu?" He nodded at the first person to go, who was a girl with long black hair and straight across bangs.

She spoke fairly loudly for her stature. "I'm Hyorin. I'm in the four member girl group SISTAR with my best friend Bora here. I remember when you first gave me advice during our debut stage, you told me to be strong and stay positive. I've never forgotten that." Hyorin said, smiling widely. The girl next to her, Bora, shared the same story.

A very attractive boy with dark hair sitting next to Dongwoo spoke next. "I'm Hoya. I'm in a group called Infinite with Dongwoo. I think my favorite memory of you was watching you interact with your bandmates during your Gee stage. It was so funny and adorable, I really admire you." Hoya said. That sent butterflies through Soonkyu's stomach, and she couldn't quite understand why. Next was Dongwoo, then a few other people. She remembered their names, not their stories. T.O.P, Dara, Kai, and Sungmin.

"So let me get this straight," Soonkyu said, looking around. "Hoya and Dongwoo are in a group called Infinite and a sub group called Infinite H. Bora and Hyorin are in SISTAR and make up SISTAR19 as well. T.O.P is in Big Bang, Dara is in 2NE1, Kai is in EXO-K, and Sungmin is in Super Junior and Super Junior M." Her friends clapped for her, to which Soonkyu smiled and laughed. She really loved the applause, and the feeling brought back a sudden memory.

Sunny stood in the middle of the stage. That was it. Gee had topped the charts for the fifth week in a row. She was crying and holding on to her unnies while watching the crowd go crazy as Taeyeon was handed a trophy. The moment seemed to go in slow motion as Sunny grabbed Yoona and Yuri's hands and pulled them close into a hug. Sunny was so excited. Girls Generation hadn't failed. They were really famous. "Sunny!!!" Jessica screamed, running over to Sunny and holding her tight. "We did it. We did it!" 

Soonkyu gasped. The group was still laughing, she hadn't even been noticed. Who were those people? Members of Girls Generation?  Soonkyu thought. She couldn't remember their names any more, though they had suddenly come to her in the flashback. But Soonkyu could remember their faces, and she was determined to find them as soon as she was released. Dara turned to her with a smile. "Sunny, I'm so glad you're okay. When do you think you'll be able to leave?" She asked.

The doctor came in, almost right on cue. "Lee Soonkyu can leave now. We just need to make sure that she doesn't do much physical activity. I've contacted your manager and Girls Generation has gone on a hiatus. TTS is making a comeback, though, so you don't have to worry about music being released and whatnot, but all that means is that you cannot, under and circumstances, undergo any stress. Go back to your dorm and relax. Rebuild your relationships. We need to get your memory back as much as possible before Girls Generation can make a comeback."

Soonkyu nodded her head. Taeyeon turned to her as the doctor left, handing over a form to the nurse next to him. "TTS is a subgroup of Girls Generation consisting of me, Tiffany, and Seohyun. I know you don't know who they are, but you will soon enough. Hyoyeon and I will take you home." Soonkyu smiled at Taeyeon and got up.

"Oh, who is the leader of Girls Generation? Do we have one of those? And how many members are there?" Soonkyu asked.

Kai responded instead of Taeyeon. "There are nine of you in all. Taeyeon is the leader. The members are you, Tiffany, Jessica, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung-"

Jonghyun cut him off. "Let's not plague her with so many new names, dongsaeng," He teased Kai. "She will need to recover on her own. Anyway, SHINee and EXO have a stage today, so we're going to have to get going. Does anyone else want a ride back?"

Dara raised her hand and spoke, "If you could drive me and T.O.P back that would be awesome. Thanks." The four of them said goodbye to Soonkyu, all of them determined to see her again, and they left the hospital. Soonkyu was greeted by the doctor, and after telling him that she was going to leave as soon as possible, the doctor grabbed her clothes that she had came to the hospital in and gave them to her to change into.

Soonkyu examined them. She had no idea she had such a good sense of style. She put on the electric blue harem pants and the yellow croptop with sparkles around the chest. Then a pink jacket, then a black and gold snapback with a logo on it that read "Girls Generation". Soonkyu stared at it in disbelief while putting on the shoes that accompanied the outfit, hightop shiny black converse with spikes on the toes. She felt super weird, wearing all of this stuff. It all seemed so...not needed. So not like something she would wear on a daily basis.

She exited the dressing room and went back to where her Girls Generation friends were. Hoya and Dongwoo had taken Bora home, but Hyorin had requested to stay with them. "So...where are we going? The Girls Generation dorm?" Soonkyu asked, getting a headstart towards the door. Taeyeon grabbed her phone to make a call before they left.

"Hey, Jessica? It's Taeyeon. We're on our way home from the hospital now. Hyorin dongsaeng is going to hang out with us...Uh, well, we'll see you soon." She hung up, then turned to the three girls that were with her. "I didn't tell them Soonkyu's awake. We're going to make it a huge surprise."

"But you'll have to tell them that I don't know who any of them are." Soonkyu pointed out. Taeyeon nodded, and ushered them out the door as fast as she could and in to her car. She was driving with Hyorin in the seat next to her and Hyoyeon and Soonkyu behind them. The dorm was apparently only a short ten minutes away, according to Hyoyeon, but Soonkyu was still scared about seeing so many people that she had apparently known for years upon years.

Soonkyu spoke to her friends with a quiver in her voice. "Do you think they'll be sad?" She turned to Hyoyeon, but she just hugged her. "What happened to me, anyway?"

Hyoyeon's face became grim as she hugged Soonkyu back. "We were about to begin performing our last stage for I Got A Boy, and you were standing on a platform that would be lowered down as you sang and danced on it. You had practiced it so many times and we had done so many safety checks. But the platform collapsed completely because a bolt wasn't screwed in completely. The stage ended immediately and you were taken to the hospital. Everyone in Girls Generation, as well as a few other groups like EXO and Big Bang and SISTAR, have been taken shifts every few weeks to come visit you. We would get there, stay for an hour or so, and then leave," Hyoyeon got a little choked up as she spoke. "You know, we all thought you were never going to wake up. I don't think they'll care that you can't remember anything. I mean, you're alive."

Soonkyu processed all that she had said. It must've been true, but she honestly couldn't remember. She was grateful to have such good friends, though. Just as if on cue, the car pulled up to the dorm building. Hyorin got out and put her coat on Soonkyu as if to hide her. "Don't worry, we just need to go up the stairs and knock on the door. They'll all be there waiting for Hyoyeon and Taeyeon's report on how you're doing." Hyorin said.

"Right," Taeyeon responded in a whisper. "That's when you say hello to everyone." It seemed like a blur as they entered the building without suspiscion and climbed the steps. Soonkyu's heart was beating very fast, she was ready to return to her life. Taeyeon got infront, and knocked on the door.

After three seconds, a girl with red hair opened it. She and the rest of the Girls Generation members were inside, sitting in the living room which was in plain sight of the door. "Hey, Taeyeon. Hyoyeon. Oh, hi, Hyorin. Nice to see you. Come in!" She said, not noticing Soonkyu at all. Yoona led them in and sat down on the couch. The two Girls Generation members parted, and they revealed Soonkyu. Soonkyu had her had covering her face, but the marking on the top clearly read "Girls Generation", and as she lifted it away from her, she was greeted by complete silence. And in those few seconds, she had another flashback.

"Aigoo...unnie! Why do you have to stand on that platform?" Tiffany asked. Sunny looked at her friend and smiled. She was wearing her favorite stage outfit, she loved the harem pants, everything was perfect. Nothing could go wrong. "I'm really worried about you." Sunny shrugged and got on the rising platform. She could feel it shake a little under her weight, but didn't really care. She'd been in more dangerous situations before.
"SUNNY! SUNNY! SUNNY!" The crowd cheered as Sunny rose.
"Hey there! SNSD's Sunny here!" She yelled.

Soonkyu smiled at the room of still silent girls. She raised her hand to her face in a cute pose and peace sign, the thing she had been doing during her flashback. "Hey there! SNSD's Sunny here!" She said as cutely and lively as she could. This was followed by the entire room breaking out into unbareably loud screams. Soonkyu was home, after five months.

"Sunny!" The girl with red hair ran right to her side. She scolded Soonkyu. "I told you that platform would be dangerous and you didn't listen!" Soonkyu laughed. It was one of the only things she could remember.

Taeyeon quickly calmed the girls down, they were all either screaming or crying or both. "Girls. Girls! This is a time for celebration. But, the doctor has informed us that Sunny is suffering from amnesia. She does not remember any of us."

A younger looking girl with brown hair and a cute puffy face spoke. "You're not serious. She has to remember us! Right, Sunny? What's my name?" Soonkyu looked hard at this girl for a few seconds. She hadn't been present in either of her two flashbacks. Soonkyu just shook her head no. The young girl was persistent, though. "You've gotta be joking. It's Seohyun! The maknae!" Seohyun said, but Soonkyu just reached her hand out to shake the girl's hand.

"I'm Soonkyu. Or, ah, Sunny. Wait, sorry, I forgot that you all know who I am." She said genuinely. The girls all looked at Taeyeon. They understood now why they had been informed of Girls Generation going on a hiatus.

The girl with red hair spoke again. "Wait, that's awesome! Hi, my name's...Jessica." The girl shook Soonkyu's hand with a grin. A girl with high cheekbones and dark brown hair pushed her out of the way and apologized.

"No, I'm Jessica. That's Tiffany," Jessica said. "I'm so sorry, Sunny. We'll work hard to have you regain your memory. Do you remember anything at all?" She asked.

"It's nice to meet you, Jessica and Tiffany," Soonkyu responded. "And I only remember two things. One, is when Gee won a trophy for being first place on some music chart for the fifth week in a row. The other was Tiffany telling me she was worried about me getting on the platform the day of my injury."

Tiffany laughed. "Told you! Oh, and that's Sooyoung, Yoona, and Yuri. It's okay if you don't remember all of our names. We're here  for you," She suddenly became very solemn. "Oh, God, now we're going to have to re-introduce her to all the K-pop groups and teach her all the songs..."

The girl with the short black hair who had been introduced as Sooyoung spoke. "Don't worry. Sunny, is there anything you'd like to do?"

"I'd like to go meet the SHINee boys." Soonkyu responded with a sly smile. She remembered how Jonghyun had been so nice to her at the hospital. She really liked that.

Taeyeon grinned widely. "Alright. Time to go meet SHINee."