Chapter 1

❤ My boys & I ❤

In an early morning, flowers bloomed beautifully around every corners of the neighbourhood. It was a lovely phenomenon to start off the day. I welcome Spring with a stretch and an inhale of fresh air for confidence.

Ding… Dong… Ding…Dong…

‘Junho Oppa! Junsu Oppa! ’ I yelled at the front of a lovely white residence of the Kim family.

I was excited to be back at school after a long school break. Why are the Kim twins taking so long?

‘Junho Oppa! Jun…’

When Mrs Kim swung open the front door, she was surprised that I was here early.

‘Oh? Nicole? You’re here already?’ she said while holding her gardening equipment.

‘Neh~ Mrs Kim’ I bowed politely.

Did I not mention? The Kim family has a gorgeous garden at the back of their compound area. Mr and Mrs Kim are both nature friendly. They put lots of effort in their plants hence their garden is now like a flower nursery.

I quietly sneaked in to the younger one’s room. It was spacious and cosy. The brown shelves against the walls were fully placed with his gold medals and trophies. Junsu was a talented soccer player. He never fails to win in every match that he had competed in. He is just too good.

I gently closed the door. A white fluffy creature scampered towards me.

Woofff!!~

‘Shhhh~~’ I placed my index finger on my lips. I didn’t want Xiahki to wake Junsu up. Not just yet.

Xiahki was Junsu’s pet dog. He is a Samoyed.

I bended down to matches his level. The snowball was gasping in air.

‘Morning boy. I softly greeted the fluffy one. I patted on his head and his white silky fur.

After entertaining the pet, I was heading to the owner. I tip toed over to the white comfy bed. The sun was shining upon the bed and yet he was still asleep. His widely opened mouth reasons me to nonstop giggling. I quickly covered my mouth, tried not to wake the sleeping hippo.

I swung over my backpack and took out my purple feather pen. I smirked. Then slowly, I crawled onto the bed and on top of Junsu. I bit my lips once I got closer to his amusing sleeping expression. He looks so hilarious.

I moved my hand nearer to his face, playing the tip of the feather around his nose. The itches were starting to get into him. He was feeling uncomfortable then. He scratched and rubbed his nose constantly. I wasn’t able to control my emotion to any further extent. At last, I burst out into laughter and fell on my back.

He finally got up and was shocked as he saw me lying on his bed next to him.

‘Yah! Jung Nicole! When did you get in here?!’ Junsu quickly stood up with his blanket covering his bare upper body. He has the habit of sleeping.

I still can’t assist it. My hands were pressing onto my tummy and I was rolling back and forth on his bed.

When I saw him pouted in annoyance, I eventually stopped by clearing my throat and sat up.

‘Yah! You don’t have to hide that from me! I’ve seen it like a thousand times already?!’ I teased and was trying to pull away his cover. But he firmly held on to it.

Suddenly, something caught my attention.

‘Wait! What’s this? Pororo?!’ I grab on to the soft toy that was on his bed.

‘Yah! Give it back to me!’ Junsu yelled at me.

I quickly hop off from his bed and headed to the door.

‘Lalala~ Come and get it!’ I sang with joyfulness and hurriedly dashed out from his room.

‘Jung Nicole!’ Junsu tagged along with his clumsiness while his blanket was around him as it dragged along the floor.

Meanwhile, Xiahki was then stimulated when he saw us having so much fun chasing around the walkway. He got hyper and ran after us.

Wooffff!! Wooofff!!

Before Junsu could get his hands on me, I quickly rushed into Junho’s bedroom.

‘Junho Oppa! Save me!’ I hid behind of Junho as soon as he came out from the bathroom. He was still soaking wet, wrapped around with his towel.

‘Nicole! Hand over my Pororo! Or you will regret it for life!’ Junsu was exhausted while running with his blanket.

‘Hyung! Don’t defend her! Grab Pororo and give it to me’ Junsu asked his twin brother for help.

‘No! Oppa! Please~ You know how Junsu Oppa always teases me! This is rarely a chance for me to pay back! Jebal~’ I pleaded Junho with my puppy face.

‘Sorry guys! You know me! I would never ever get involve in both of your childish games! You guys could just take this outside.’ Junho pushed me and Junsu out from his room.

‘How bout that? I need to get myself change! Bye~’ he waved and shutted the door.

Wooff!!

There you go, the Kim twins, Kim Junho and Kim Junsu. We knew each other since we were very young. Our parents were best friends. Junho and Junsu were 3 years older than me and yet we still get along pretty well. Junho, the mature and most heart-caring Oppa in the whole wide world, unlike Junsu, with his childish attitude would never get tired of teasing me. Thus, I would always get my hands back at him whenever I have the chance. At times I would even wonder are they really twins.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

‘Did you boys take your lunchbox?’ Mrs Kim is a lovable mother.

‘Yeah, we did Omma.’ Junho answered while holding his bicycle out of the garage.

‘Neh~’ followed by Junsu.

 ‘Hmm… I guess I’ll ride with Junho today!’ I pointed to Junho.

‘Yah! Nicole! You don’t even have to tell! You always pick hyung!’ Junsu jerked the kickstand.

Was he being jealous of not picking him?

‘If you wouldn’t purposely go over the bumps and hollows, I may consider of picking you!’ I showed him my tongue.

‘Aishh..’ He was annoyed.

Soon, Junho and Junsu were on their bike, I took the backseat of Junho’s and embraced around his waist.

‘Annyeonghi kaseyo~ Mrs Kim!’ I waved and we were off to school.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 ‘Shoot! 20 minutes late! Principle Lee is now standing at the gate! How do we get in?!’ I whispered while the three of us were hiding at the back of a big tree trunk.

‘I don’t wanna get detention on the very first day of school!’ I pouted.

‘Come, follow me, I know a way in.’

Junho brought us to the rear side of the school.

‘Come Nicole. Climb on me!’ Junho kneeled down and patted his hand on his thigh. I was stunned.

‘What?! You want me to climb over this wall?! Noway!’ How can I climb the wall which was like 6 feet tall?!

‘Shi-ro!!’ I crossed my hand instantly.

‘You wanna get caught to the detention then?’ Junsu was threatening me, in a way of underestimating that I couldn’t climb the wall.

‘Ani!’

‘Then climb it!’ Junsu dared me.

‘I will climb it!’ I couldn’t lose my face.

 ‘Step on and be careful.’ Junho was ready to hold on to me.

I wasn’t positive do this though? I took off my shoes and lifted one of my legs onto Junho’s thigh. I took a deep breath and finally step onto Junho.

‘I’m sorry, hyung~ I definitely understand how much pressure you’re in now, when a clumsy donkey is stepping on you.’ laughed Junsu.

‘Yah! Kim Junsu! Stop teasing and lend me a hand here.’ I was trembling, having trouble to stabilise myself on a human stool. Mianhe Junho Oppa.

‘Grab hold the top of the wall when I count to three.’ Junsu was holding onto my waist, trying to give me his support.

‘You ready?! 1……2……3!!!’

And so I did. I leaped up as high as I could to reach the top of the wall. Once I held onto it, I pushed myself up of the wall and swung my one leg over.

Pheeww~~

‘Oh my gosh~ I would need to cleaned my eyes or memory after this.’Junsu grumbled.

‘Yah! You peeked!’ I’m pretty sure what he meant by that.

‘What?! I didn’t peek! You just exposed it to me. By the way, you should have thanked me for helping you up there!’

I guess he didn’t do it on purpose.

‘Gomawo~’ I lowered my voice.

‘Okay! Enough from you two. Junsu, hop on!’ Junho was getting tired kneeling on the ground.

Junsu nodded.

Incredibly, he simply took a step and a leap, after a glimpse he was already in the school compound.

‘Nicole! You see. This is how you climb a wall.’ Junsu is being snobby now.

‘Great! So, can you please get me down now?’ I didn’t want to offend Junsu, as he might not help me down the wall.

‘There~’ Junsu extended his hands up.

‘Jump down and I’ll catch you.’ Is this one of his tricks? But I couldn’t worry much. I’ve got to get down sooner or later.

‘Here I come!’

I shut my eyes tight and jumped. Though it only took a few seconds for me to get down but a measure of courage to do so.

I was on my feet by now.

‘You okay?’ He asked.

He was securely holding me in his arms.

‘Neh.’ If he could be like this more often. I wouldn’t hate him so much.

‘Hey! Are you guys done there?’ Junho was still at the opposite of the wall.

‘Yeah!’ We both answered.

‘Catch your backpacks! And your shoes, Nicole’

‘Neh!’

Our stuffs were flying over one after another. Suddenly something struck Junsu.

How is Junho going to jump over if he was the only one left there?

‘Hyung! How bout you?’ Junsu was concerned.

Junho didn’t reply. All we heard was some brunch snapping noise.

‘Hyung!’

‘Junho Oppa!’

Suddenly, a black shadow flew across the wall and landed before our eyes.

‘And that’s how you climb a wall.’ Junho smirked at Junsu.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dong…Dong…Dong…

It’s recess time! Oh how I love recess~

‘What you brought for lunch today?’

I held my BFF along the walkway into the cafeteria.

‘I brought Kimbap, dumplings, a cupcake and a packet of mango juice!’ I could already imagine how delicious the foods are going to taste.

When we were going to park ourselves, we saw the Kim twins.

‘Yo!’ I slammed on the table caused Junsu’s cup of beverage to spill a bit.

‘Opps! Mian~’ I saluted embarrassingly.

‘Hi Junho, Junsu. Long time no see.’ my BFF greeted.

‘Hey Nana.’ Junsu was wiping off the spilled juice before it flows down to him.

‘Long time no see you too. Have a sit.’ Junho invited and asked.

‘How was your holiday?’

‘As usual, babysitting my kid bro, surfing, shopping, nothing much. You?’ Nana answered while opening her lunchbox.

Where is he? I was looking around. Didn’t he come for school today?

‘Oppa, where is…’

‘Hey! Cole!’ Someone called my name.