In the Morning...

Distance

The bright rays of the rising morning sun slowly filled the room through the opened curtains of the window. Chanyeol stirred in his sleep wishing he should’ve remembered to close the curtains the night before. He slowly opened his eyes, squinting until he adjusted to the sudden brightness. Once he could see clearly, he stretched his long arms above his head and yawned quietly.

Chanyeol flipped over to his side spotting his best friend’s sister, Nani, sleeping soundly next to him. He reached his hand towards her face and her cheek gently. He continued to explore her facial features with his fingertips; tracing over her slightly knitted eyebrows, her long eyelashes, and her nose. After curling the strands of hair that started to cover her face behind her ear, he finally traced over her pink lips. His heart started racing as he imagined himself kissing those plump, pink lips of hers and how soft it would feel against his. He shook that thought out of his head, mentally slapping himself for even thinking of it in the first place.

But one can’t help but imagine about the person they love, right? Or should he even call this love? This one sided affection that he had for her since he had met her. He was pretty sure that was only him who felt this way and never once thought about confessing. Chanyeol sighed loudly just thinking about it.

Nani stirred in her sleep causing Chanyeol to quickly retract his arm back to his side and close his eyes pretending to sleep. He slowly peeked one open only to see Nani tug onto his shirt and nuzzle her face into his chest. His eyes widened at Nani, who was currently snuggling in his chest, as she swung one of her legs over and onto Chanyeol’s. Chanyeol felt as if his heart would jump out of his chest any moment now. He felt his cheeks flush and he tried to calm himself down. He slowly wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him.

“Baekhyun’s going to kill me for this...” he thought to himself, a goofy smile tugging at the corner of his lips, “... but it’s worth it.”

Suddenly, a muffled yet loud ringing filled the room as Chanyeol hurriedly searched under his pillow for his phone with only one hand because his other arm was under Nahyun. Finally having a grasp on his phone he checked the caller ID.

“Speak of the devil.” Chanyeol muttered and answered the call. “Baekhyun?” he whispered, making his voice sound as if he just woke up.

“Have you seen Nani? She didn’t come home yesterday after our argument and I don’t know what to do.” Baekhyun’s voice was filled with worry, it almost sounded like he was about to cry.

Chanyeol started to feel really bad as he stared at Nani’s sleeping face, remembering what she had told him the night. “Don’t tell oppa that I’m here. I’m mad at him. Let him worry all he wants!” was what she quoted exactly. He spent a couple seconds debating if he should tell his best friend or not.

“Yeah, she’s here at my place.” Chanyeol replied, mentally apologizing to Nani but he can’t lie to his best friend. No matter how much he likes her, he’s been friends with Baekhyun since forever and wouldn’t want anything to ruin it.

After discussing on the phone for a couple of minutes, Chanyeol hung up and draped his free arm over his eyes, sighing. Suddenly feeling a slight stinging sensation on his cheek and the loss of skinship between him and Nani, he quickly sat up realizing what just happened.

“You ratted me out.” Nani glared at him and punch his chest lightly.

Chanyeol feigned hurt as he rubbed where she hit him. “You can’t expect me to lie to him.”

“You could’ve told him that you haven’t seen me at all.” she rolled her eyes at him and crossed her arms.

“That’s still lying to him.” Chanyeol frowned and hung his head down. “And besides, he sounded like he was going to cry. He also said that he is sorry for what he said yesterday and for you to go home when you feel better.”

Silence filled up the room and Chanyeol looked up. Nani was pouting with her arms crossed. Chanyeol smiled and shook his head at her childishness.

“I’m mad at you now.” Nani stated with a another pout, replacing Chanyeol’s smile with a pout too.

“Ah, whyyyyyyyyyyy?” Chanyeol whined and started to throw a tantrum cutely, shaking his shoulders from side to side. Even Nani couldn’t help but admit that it was cute how his voice did not match his aegyo act.

“I’ll forgive you if...” Nani bit her bottom lip while thinking. “If...” she continued but was interrupted by the sound of a stomach growling. She looked down at her stomach, wondering if that came from her but she doubted it. She looked at Chanyeol who avoided eye contact with her as he rubbed the back of his neck shyly, his cheeks tinged with a pinkish color. Nani giggled and finished her sentence, “I’ll forgive you if you buy me breakfast.” she cheekily smiled at Chanyeol which made him blush even more.

 


*Author's note: 

I've decided to make it longer instead of a one shot but just short chapters. Maybe 5 chapters max... Maybe...