Chapter 4: Hopeless Love

2BG2: This is our Generation

 

Chapter 4:

    Hopeless Love

Haley P.O.V 

Sniff sniff. Sunny-side eggs? Sniff sniff. Chocolate chip waffles with a maple syrup drizzle? Sniff sniff. Oh god, is that warm toast with nutella spread? Eyes still closed, the upper portion of my body raised in a sitting position as my nose led me to the source of those sweet, delectable scents. "Mama, is it my birthday?" I hummed drowsily, then allowed my eyes to drift open. Instead of seeing my mom presenting all those delicous breakfast treats on a silver platter, I instead saw Aaron. The food was all in his hands, but he was too busy scarfing it down to even offer to share. I had to blink a few times to process what was going on. Noticing I was awake, he swallowed what was in his mouth and gave a toothy grin. "Slept well?" He asked before stuffing another fork-full of waffles into his mouth.  

"Huh? Why are you here?" I stretched my arms in order to will my body to wake up while trying to ignore how hungry I now was and how him eating in front of me wasn't making it any better. It's been a few days since we landed in Seoul, and we all were slowly starting to get the hang of things. Then again, we had yet to start school, and our first training session was only yesterday, so no need to relax just yet. Remembering the intense training, my body ached from head to toe, still sore from the torture we were put through. The last thing I remembered was knocking out the second we came home, which was around 2 A.M- way past my bedtime.    

"This is my bed. You were so sleepy last night that you passed out on the first bed you saw. But it's okay, you weren't a bother, you know you sleep very still so I had a lot of room to squeeze in. However, you really need to work on your snoring~" My eyes became as wide as saucers and my entire face turned as red as a tomato. Just the mere image of us sleeping together jerked me awake, thus causing me to fall off the bed. Aaron howled with laughter, then came towards me and held out his hand. "Don't worry, I borrowed your bed, so the only thing that cuddled you last night was the blanket."

I lightly slapped his hand away and stood up on my own while mumbling, "Jerk." He lightheartedly retracted his hand with a shurg, then picked up his now empty plates. He began making his way out, but then stopped halfway and turned around.

"Oh yeah, do you have your school supplies? Today is our first day- well, kind of. We get to see the school, and you'll never know if you'll need it." I began to panic, how can I forget to buy my school supplies? Wait do I even have a back pack. What time is it.' I ran to my closet and search for something, I was hopeless. I sat down in defeat and the Aaron said "Here." He pulled out a backpack with red and black strips. He gave it to me and said "Now we're even." He said smiling brightly, I almost melted seeing that smile of his. I was left dumbfounded, ' what did he mean by we are even.' Then I remember last year when I gave him Skippy. I smiled to myself, he actually remembered. I opened it not knowing what he may have put in there. A notebook with the most adorable doodles and a pen with a cute little cartoon dogs. I smiled, I went into the shower and dressed myself. I looked at myself in the mirror, and said "Hwaiting!" The determination in my face won't stop me from having a bad start. I ran out the the room and downstairs, can't be late can't I. 

Indigo P.O.V  

         I woke up, sigh, I went into the bathroom and started to brush my teeth when some said "Do you mind?"I turned around and my eyes widen. Asher was in his school uniform and he look so different. innocent perhaps, he said "Good Morning, Sleeping Beast." I look at myself in the mirror and saw my hair all messy. I finish brushing my teeth and went straight to my closet. I put on my uniform and brushed my hair. I walked out and said "You saw nothing." He laughed and said " Aren't you forgetting something?" I replied " I am... my school supplies. How can I forget. I was so interested in all the cute clothes I forgot to buy a backpack." 

"Don't panic. Here." He threw me a purple and strip backpack and left. I caught it and saw a notebook with the most beautiful design.  Which reminded me of Asher's creative art. I smiled to myself and found a Minnie mouse pen. Maybe he does see me as a friend, maybe I still have a chance. I walked out and saw Haley, she said "Look what look a like gave me." She held out her back pack, I think that made her day. She had a big smile across her face. I felt the same way when Asher gave me mine. I said " Asher gave me one too except in purple." She came closer and said to me" He likes you." 

"Like is a really strong word. Don't forget I was already rejected." 

"Indigo, you haven't even told him how you felt." 

"How could I? When he doesn't even see us as friends. How could I? Knowing that he will choose every single girl but me." 

"Indigo. You have to tell him, or else he'll never know,"

" Come on, we're going to be late for school." We started walking towards the school when someone bumped into us. I rubbed my head, the impact really hurt. I stoop up and the then help Haley up. I said "Sorry." The guy that ran into said something to us in Korean, me and Haley just look at them confused. "Sorry, you must be foreigners. Sorry I'm used to speaking Korean a lot." One of them had light brown hair which cupped his face, he had a slight smile. He had a very childlish style which made him look a little dorky, I found it somewhat cute. He just keep looking at me , I smiled at him and said  "You know english?" 

"Yeah, I used to live in the United States. I was born there." 

"Oh cool, I'm Indigo and this is Haley."I said. She said hello and he said " Hello, I'm Jason and this is Mike." 

" Nice to meet you both, well we have to go, first day of school. "I said 

"Good luck. Oh and welcome to St. Rose Academy." Me and Haley started running towards the school. Mr. Yong was waiting in the front of the school, the entrance was pave in white and and had a thin lining of gold paint. I was amazed by the job and how this school represent as a place to live your dream. Mr. Yong pulled me from my thoughts and said " This is the St. Rose Academy, you will come to learn the Korean language. Also this will continue your studies as you were in the U.S. Now for your training Asher and Haley will have guitar lessons. Aaron you'll have drum lessons and Indigo vocal. All will attend dance lesson now you training is from 6 to 9, Korean language lesson at 10 to 12 and the rest it is daily schedule. From 5 to 9 is study hall you can choose either your home or stay in school. Now I'll show you your classrooms." We followed him to every classroom,some were in session, other empty, mostly our classes are translated in english. When we were done with the tour, we were escorted to the cafeteria. The food looked better then my old cafeteria food. I sat with Haley in one table, Aaron and Asher sat at another table. It's sad that we can't start knowing each other better. I sneak glances at Asher, whenever he lets out smile I can't help but to fall. When he smiles I want to smile, when he's happy I want to be happy with him and when he is sad I want to comfort him and say ' Everyday will be alright'. We saw Jason and Mike , they came towards us. Jason sat next to me and said "How do you like it here so far."
" Actually I think I might enjoy it here, everyone is nice here."
"Did you recently transfer?"
"Yeah, Mr. Yong gave us the details on why we were here."
" Mr.Yong is a nice principle." He held my hands, which caught me off guard and said " Give it the best you can. You'll make it to the Top 5's." He looked at me and said " See you there."   

Asher P.O.V

        South Korea seems nice, I don't know how I had the guts to come here. I'm starting to like it here, even though I only been here for two days. I was talking to Aaron when I saw some guy held Indigo's hand. I see she already met a friend here, I was about to stand up when a girl with the most beautiful eyes said " Annyeong, welcome to St. Rose Academy. Hope you'll enjoy our school as much as we do." She smiled at me and asked " What's your name?" Her long brown hair fell to her waist, her flawless skin was like white chocolate. I said " Asher."  
'Well I'm Joo-kyung, nice  to meet you. It seems that you are not from around here, if you need help then feel free to ask me." I honestly think that I've never saw a girl as beautiful as she was. " Thank you, I will." I said. A teacher called her over and she left. Aaron came beside me and said " You like?"
"Maybe. Let me get to know her."
"Ah Asher, when won't you find someone to fall for." I smiled shyly and glanced at Indigo. I already know how she feels for me. It's just that I don't feel the same way, but I would hate to tell her that. She's cool and all but I know that it won't work out. 
           After lunch, Aaron and I came back to the house. I got to say the house is pretty large,I walked in and remember about the game room. I said to Aaron " Want to check out the game room."
"Yeah, I've beeen wanting to see what is in there.

Indigo P.O.V

            When I arrived home, I went into my closet and started writing: 

Tomorrow a new beginning, a way to start all over again. Can I overcome that feeling towards him? Or will I helplessly fall in love to this hopeless love. A person has to decide, either to keep trying or give up. A person has to know when they should stop, because if I keep going any further, I might get hurt. Unable to confess my feelings towards that special someone is tearing me apart. Afraid of knowing that the person will never return those feelings. As hard as I try, he will never know. I will never know and I'll keep silence. 

I got up and walked out when I saw Asher right in front of me. He was looking at me straight in the eyes,as he came closer my heart began to beat faster, but he just went past me. My hopeless love...