Chapter 2: The Meeting

2BG2: This is our Generation

Chapter 2:

      The Meeting

Indigo's P.O.V       

I was walking outside my building nonchalantly when all of a sudden, a large, black limo came driving down the street. I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion as it mysteriously halted before me. The driver steps out and approaches me, his aura emotionless and professional, then asks, "Are you Indigo Torres?"
"Um...yes," I answered hesitantly.
"Okay, please come with me." He requested, going over to open the door into the limo.
I stood solid to my place and asked suspicously,"Who are you?"
"A person who works for J.M Entertainment," He answered, opening the door wide and gesturing me to go in. I took a deep breath, clutching onto my bag and making sure my cell phone was in there, then slid into the limo. To my surprise, I saw Asher, Haley and Aaron already seated inside. I sat next to Haley and asked her in a low voice, "What the heck is going on?"
"I don't know. Thank god you're here! You don't know how awkward the air is." She whispered to me, both of us hoping our fellow limo-mates wouldn't hear our conversation. But with the dead silence surrounding us, they probably could.
"I can see that." I replied back with a slow nod. 
The driver began driving to goodness knows where. He slowed down to a stop and parked, so we all curiously went over to the window to check. We were in front of a buffet place called Woorijip. Recognition flashed before mine and Haley's eyes, considering we came here before with our other friend, Lily. The driver opened the door and we all filed out of the limo, then he gestured to follow him inside. The four of us obeyed his request and we walked in to see a middle aged man that wore a dark suit which screamed 'rich' and 'powerful'. He gave us a small smile as we sat around him. My guess was that we were here to meet him. He cleared his throat and began to speak, "I assume you all got a letter." We all nodded, too confused to speak, and he continued, "I'm Mr. Yong, the founder and president of J.M. Entertainment. I'm also a principal of a school that is well known for its great academics and performing arts program. Through high and low vigorous hunting, we have chosen four people that were selected to take part in this music industry. To your fortune, we have chosen you."
"Why us?" Aaron spoke up with a question. 
"It was completley random."
"What makes you think we have talent?" I added, the thought itching my mind.
"Well, that's quite simple. I looked into all of your records, I didn't make this descision without some research. Indigo, you were in chorus for two years and did a play in the fifth grade. Asher, you had dance for two years, Haley your academic level is quite well. Aaron, eh, you just have a pretty face." No matter how awkward and weird the atomosphere was, we all had to crack up and laugh at that. Aaron was left dumbfounded. 

Haley, being the realistic one, pointed out, "Wait. Even if we wanted to, some of our parents won't permit us to."

"Don't worry about that, I will personally talk to each one of them," Mr. Yong answered reassuringly.

"Some of our parents don't speak English or speak it very well." I stated.

"Don't worry, let me deal with that. Now eat you guys must be hungry. Order whatever you want, it's on me."

We were hesitant, but the unison of our growling stomaches made us bashfully stand up and get our food.

Aaron didn't recognize any of the food and came over to me to ask, "What's good?"
"Well," I began, looking around all the different categories of food. "The the spicy kimchi rice, and kimap."
"Thanks." He replied and lightly patted my head before going to get his food. I then hunted down my own meal and got kimchi fried rice with tuna kimap and my favorite drink- I don't really know what it's called, but it's sort of like the Korean version of Sprite. One sip was all I needed to fall in love. A huge smile was plastered on my lips as I juggled five cans of K-Sprite and carried everything over to pay.

Asher widened his eyes a bit in surprise and said, "Wow! That's a lot of food for just 10 dollars."
"I know~" I said with a wide grin. After paying, I went back to the table and set my food next to Haley's. While eating I asked Haley, "Remember what happen to your food the last time?"
"Yes, don't remind me." She said with an angry puppy pout. The last time we came, we were in such a rush to go home, Haley forgot her leftovers here and was depressed about it for a good week. I laughed lightly at the memory, and we continued to eat. When we finished our food, they led us back to the limo and brought us to school. Oh how beautiful, I was yet again late for class. The teacher sighed in annoyance and asked "Why are you late?"
"I just came in." I replied.
"Why?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and hard-core judging eyes. Geez, if looks could kill. 
"Because a music producer came and had a chat with me. And I went to eat kimchi and kimap." I answered honestly.
The teacher almost hissed, "Indigo, I don't have time for games."
"Teacher, you-"
"My name."
"Ms.D, you know I don't play around. I'm telling the truth."
"Detention."
My eyes widened to saucer size, "Why?!"
"For cutting, I will like to see your parents tomorrow." She gave me a slip and I grudgingly took it, then walked out of the room and made my way towards detention. Stupid teacher! Sometimes, I think they don't have a brain to think with. How did they even get the job? She has always not like me and since I never caused trouble this was an opportuniy to strike back. I entered the detention room and everyone's eyes were on me. Hopefully, as long as I follow the rules, I'll be out of here soon. I recognized a few familiar faces and thought 'hey! May it won't be that bad.' I handed my slip over to the teacher, who looked at me and asked, "First time?"
"Yes."
"Have a seat." I awkwardly shuffled to an emtpy seat, and like a magnet, everyone came closer.

One of my friends scooted closer and asked, "Why are you here?"
"Because my teacher is stupid!" I ranted. They all gasped, considering I was never the type to bad mouth a teacher. It was usually me defending them.

She added on, "What did you do?"
"Well I got discovered by a music director and came to school late because of that," I answered matter-of-factly.

They all laughed in disbelief and she lightly hit my arm, "Oh Indigo! You crack me up!"
"I'm not lying." I stated with a straight face. 
"Okay, sure." After calming down, they returned to their seats and continued to do their work. I took out a book I was reading for English and began to do tonight's homework.

Haley's P.O.V

     After school, I went straight home. I  didn't really have much trouble with my tardiness, and my teachers were surpringly quite understanding. But it took a little white lie to get myself off the hook. My English class was in the middle of this creavtive writing project when I finally arrived. When I explained to my teacher why I was late, she responded with a chuckle, "I  know you're excited to do your class work, but please tell me the real reason why you're late." I know I have an active imagination, but would I really tell a teacher that I was late to school because I was chosen to join an entertainment company without it really being true? Well, apparantly to others, the answer would be yes. So I just told her I woke up really really late. After a late mark that was jotted onto my records and pierced my nerdy heart, I was sent straight to work. 
        Exhausted from the day's events, I arrived home to have my mother out of the blue hug me. I carefully patted her back and asked slowly, "Are... You okay?"
"I'm so proud." She stated and placed a big, slobbery, motherly kiss on my cheek.
I made a face and wiped my cheek, "Huh?"
"Well, the principal of this elite school told me about your accomplishments and that they want you to join their league!"
"Um..."
"I'm so happy! But... I don't want you to go." She said, the tone of her voice suddenly changing to seriousness.
"Thanks... And okay," I shrugged carelessly, since I was expecting that.
"They said they sent a letter to you. Why didn't you show it to me?"
"Because I thought it was a joke," I said with a easy chuckle, trying to lighten the mood.
"Still, you should have showed it me."
"Sorry mama." I apologized, lowering my head in guilt. 
"Oh, I forgot to tell you! Your cousin is coming over." I looked up with wide eyes, the blood in my vein slowly starting to boil.
"What? Why?" I growled, but kept my tone soft since I was still talking to my mother. But honestly, I hate my cousin, and I know which one she was talking about.
"You know they're still moving-"
"I'm going to be in my room." I cut her off coldly and marched into my room, closing and locking the door behind me. To relieve some stress, I logged onto my role playing accounts. There were a lot, and even a few where I'm actually one of the admins. I logged onto one and saw that Indigo was online,
Indigo: Hwello [Did you get in trouble?]
Me: Hi~ [Why?]
Indigo: [For being late.]
Me:[ No, I got away with it.]
Indigo:[She believed your story?]
Me:[Naw, she thought I was making it up.]
Indigo:[And  you didn't get into trouble :o]
Me:[The teacher thought I was getting a head start on the classwork.]
Indigo: [Lucky. Then what you said?]
Me: [I woke up really really late.]
Indigo:[Ha nice excuse.]
Me: [Thanks. Gtg! Talk to you after I take my nap.]
Indigo:[okay bye] Umma have a nice nap 
Me: Okay baby, talk to you later~ [Bye.]
        I logged out and stretched my arms. Maybe a good glass of water would help me fall asleep sooner. I opened the door to leave my room when I stood frozen in place and met eyes with my cousin. It took a whole load of effort not to roll my eyes as I pulled up an obvious fake smile to greet him. Great, now I have to wait until he's gone to take my nap. Sigh. 

Indigo's P.O.V

        I logged out a minute after Haley went offline. For me, there's no point for being on the role play if Haley wasn't on. Well, I don't really talk to other people there. Before you call me anit-social, mind that I'm just starting- so give me a chance. With nothing else to do, I went into my facebook account and noticed that Aaron was online. Aaron's probably one of the few friends I really, truly cared about. No, I don't like him or anything, but I hate to see my friends fall into wrong paths. Recently, he picked up some bad habits that led him into being a smoker and drinker. He really needs to stop before our next hang out spot will be the hospital. With nothing else to do, I decided to chat with him. 
Me: Hello
Aaron: Hi
Me: Did you get in trouble?
Aaron: No
Me: Really?
Aaron: I didn't go to school
Me: Baka (Japanses for idiot)
Aaron: :P
Me: Why didnt you go?
Aaron: I was late, so why bother?
Me: I hope you pass
Aaron: Eh
Me: Go to school. Are you thinking of joining this band thingy?
Aaron: Nope
Me: NO?
Aaron: Maybe i don't knoe
Me: Your choice dude
Aaron: I know
Me: Okay. Is Asher thinking of joining?
Aaron:Ask him yourself. Not meanin 2 be rude
Me: Its ok nd no i dont want 2
Aaron: Why
Me: He doesn't answer when I write him messages so why bother
Aaron: He'll answer
Me: i gtg so plz
Aaron: Alrite 
Me: thanxs
                     I logged out with the high hopes that I could go and join this band. It's South Korea for crying out loud! It's my dream to visit there! I laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling, my mind drifting off into the day dream I had earlier. I could hear the crowd screaming my name as I started to sing. Little by little as my voice dimmed to a gentle hum, I fell asleep.