At the Concert!

Kings of Venus

It was Saturday. Yuri, Seohyun and Sooyoung were crammed in Jessica's car. They were all wild with excitement.

"Seo, have I told you how much I love you yet?" Yuri asked, giving Seohyun a bear big hug.

"At least twenty times now Yul. You're going to bruise me." Seohyun told her. Yuri let her go.

Seohyun had gone out of her way for the group for this concert. She had gotten backstage passes. BACKSTAGE PASSES! Not only were they going to see Kings of Venus in concert, they were going to be able to MEET them.

"Careful, Jessi~," Sooyoung told her. "Don't get us killed before the concert even begins!"

"I won't." Jessica laughed.

That was when they saw it. The local football field where the Seoul Rockets played was lit up like it was day time and people had already begun to flooding the field.

"Hurry! We need to get good spots!" Sooyoung cried.

"Relax, Soo." Yuri told her. "Even if we don't get to see them play up close, we can always visit them back stage afterwards, remember?"

Sooyoung shivered. "I hope they like their fans..."

"I think," Jessica began. "The only one that won't up to everyone is Onew."

"What makes you say that?" Yuri asked.

"Did you see his face on the album cover? If you look at his eyes, something's pissed him off."

There was a sudden scramble for the album they had brought with them. A few seconds later, there was an astonished cry.

"Oh my god!! You're right." Sooyoung gasped.

"That's a bit scary..." Yuri muttered.

"O-Onew can be like that..." Seohyun explained as Jessica parked the car. "He can't stand it when people make him do something that he doesn't want to do."

Jessica shrugged and opened her door. They all piled out of the car and made a beeline for the entrance to the field.

"Tickets?" The guard asked them upon approaching. The four girls flashed their tickets. The guard examined every one of them.

"I'm going to need to see your bags, please." The guard said.

Yuri and Sooyoung sighed and handed over their bags.

Another guard came over. "Sorry, it's protocol." The new guard explained. Jessica just about jumped out of her socks at the sight of a huge German shepherd dog. The dog sniffed her all over, and then moved on to Seohyung who looked petrified.

"It's all right, he won't hurt you." The guard told her.

"W-What's his name?" Seohyun asked.

"Rai." The guard told her.

"N-Nice to meet you Rai..." Seohyun told the dog.

After their sniff search and manual hand search through Yuri and Sooyoungs's hand bags, they finally walked onto the field.

Jessica reached into her pocket and pulled out four pairs of earplugs.

"Take these guys," She told them.

Seohyun took a pair immediately, a look of relief washing over her face as she put them in. But Sooyoung and Yuri stared at her like she had grown another head.

"We're here to listen to these guys!" Yuri protested.

"Yul, Soo..." Seohyun began. "Concerts are very loud...They'll ruin your ears...Besides, you can still hear well through Jessi's earplugs."

Jessica nodded. "I went to a store and asked them specifically for earplugs that were best for concerts. It muffles the sound and nothing more than that."

"I don't want to hear it muffled!" Sooyoung cried.

Seohyun threw in another defence. "It is only muffled slightly, that means it takes away the bite. You can actually hear it better with the earplugs."

Sooyoung and Yuri took the earplugs and stuffed them in with a sigh.

"Hey! You're right!" Yuri cried. "I can actually hear you guys more clearly!"

"That's because it blocks out all the background noise." Jessica told them.

And then the four girls walked towards the stage.



"Sheesh, small crowd." Jonghyun said after peeking out across the field.

Minho laughed. "Small crowd? We're not even that popular yet."

"Good." Onew muttered before he took a long drink from his water bottle.

"I agree." Key muttered. "So, who's in the crowd?"

"They're mostly female, just to let you know." Jonghyun muttered, strumming his guitar and tuning it gradually.

"Brilliant." Minho sighed.

"Hey, it's not all bad." Taemin protested, juggling his drumsticks.

"You should walk out on stage doing that." Jonghyun told Taemin. "It'll bring us back to our High School years where we got laughed at for our stand up comedy."

This earned a laugh from the band.

"Maybe I will." Taemin said easily. He stuffed his drumsticks into his back pocket.

He peeked out onto the vacant stage. The stage was dark, but the field was lit up like the fourth of July. Taemin turned back to the band. "How much longer until we're on?"

Jonghyun looked at his watch. "Five..."

"Four..." Minho continued looking at his watch.

"Three," Key added.

"Two," Taemin murmured.

"One." Onew finalized.

There was a loud click as the lights went out across the field. A few people screamed, but it was mostly gasps and cries of surprise.

"One by one now," Jonghyun told them.

"You go first." Minho told him.

Jonghyun grabbed Minho and pushed him onto the stage. It wasn't even lit up yet, but he knew where he was going. He picked his guitar up, without making a single noise and pulled it over his shoulders. He pulled his pick out from his pocket, and hit the world famous high pitched and long waaaaaaaaannnnnnnn, before striking chord after chord on his guitar. The stage lit up and cheers erupted. Minho soloed for the thirty seconds he was told to by Jonghyun himself before they had even gotten to the concert, and dragged the pick across every string to create a loud WAP before silencing his guitar. Cheers erupted yet again.

"What's up Seoul!" Minho screamed into his microphone, making the oul at the end nice and long. Cheers erupted again.

"Quit hogging the stage, Minny!" Taemin's unmistakable cry pierced the air as he came on stage while juggling his drumsticks.

People laughed, that much was certain. Taemin then stopped at his drums and pounded out a complex solo that got tonnes of cheers, though nowhere near as much as Minho had gotten.

Electric guitar pierced the air again.

Taemin grabbed his own microphone and began his part in the improvised stand up comedy act.

"Minho! Quit showing off!" Taemin cried.

"It's not me!" Minho replied putting his hands in the air.

"JONGHYUN! JONGHYUN! JONGHYUN! JONGHYUN!" The crowd chanted.

A blast of pyrotechnic smoke poofed into the air and Jonghyun leaped from the haze, and performed an insane solo, causing everybody to cheer.

Key made his entrance at the back of the stage, he took one look at his brother, walked over to the amp, and unplugged his guitar.

"Sorry, bro. Technical difficulties." Key said innocently.

"Technical difficulties my !" Jongyun cried.

"You're so embarrassing!" Onew's amplified voice cut through the air as he slid onstage, and received the biggest cheer of all.

He raised his hand to the crowd, a solemn expression on his face, and took his place behind the microphone.



Yuri just about fainted when Minho appeared on stage. Seohyun laughed until she was forced to lean on Jessica for support when Taemin had strolled in. They all chanted for Jonghyun when he soloed it out. Sooyoung swooned when the sound of Key's voice reached her ears. Jessica's heart began to race when Onew had raised his hand to the crowd.

The jumbotron was on now, so all five of the band members faces were high above their heads. The group stood in their spots as they waited for the crowd to silence. Then, Minho's hand began to move, lightly hitting each note.

Jessica smiled; This was the song Yuri had first gotten her to listen to in her car.

Jonghyun's hand started to move and instantly the music filled the area. The girls cheered as loud as they could as they were bouncing to the music.

Jessica waited for it; She waited to hear Onew sing. The guitars began to quiet down and Jessica held her breath.

To say that Onew's voice pierced the air would be a lie. It didn't pierce the air. It rode the air. In Jessica's opinion, Onew sounded even better live than on a CD. Even on the notes that sounded just a wee bit strained on the CD sounded perfect live. Jessica listened to the way his voice rolled over every word. Most people who sang live stabbed every word with emphasis. Onew had his own attack style and he let the words flow.

Jessica sighed when the song ended. Everybody else cheered, but Jessica could only sigh.