Alright I'm Hooked

Kings of Venus

JESSICA POV

"All right!" Sooyoung said as she sat me down in front of a computer screen. On that computer screen were several pictures of the members of Kings of Venus.  It was their official website.

"Can we start with Minho?" Yuri asked easily.

Sooyoung laughed, "Yes, we'll start with Minho." She clicked on a link. Immediately a blown up picture of the lazy boy popped up on the screen. He was easily sitting on a curb, with his hands out infront of him, each of his fingertips pressed toghether with his thumbs pointing up. He was giving the camera a lazy smirk.

Yuri swooned, "God, he is so cute!"

"Since Yul is unable to do the introduction," Sooyoung began, "This is Choi Minho. He plays one of the two guitars that are in the band. He also does some backup vocals, but only in certain cases. But he's best known for his...erm...what's the word for it? Outbursts?"

Yuri laughed, "That's a good name for it. He's the one you hear echoing lyrics on occasion."

Jessica remembered one of the first songs she listened to, "Is he the one muttering rythmically under his breath?"

"Yes! That is the perfect way to describe it!!" Yuri cried.

"Okay, next!" Sooyoung clicked on another link. The over-excited boy appeared on the screen sprawled out on a park bench giving the camera his signature wink, as well as a thumbs up. 

"This is Lee Taemin. He is the drummer." Sooyoung explained.

Jessica recalled one of the insane drum solos in a song, "He is the one who plays those complicated solos?"

"Yes!" Sooyoung said easily. Then she clicked on anther link. The cocky one appeared. He was sitting easily on the ground, leaning up against a rock. One of his knees were pulled up to his chest, his corresponding arm resting on his knee. His shirt was ed slightly, giving people who saw the picture a tentative glance at his perfectly toned chest. His dark eyes gazed steadily at the camera, and his cheekbones were still highlighted.

"Why are his cheekbones highlighted?" Jessica asked suddenly.

"They're not," Yuri told her, "They're just like that."

"He has strong cheekbones, doesn't he?" Sooyoung asked, even though it was more of a statement.

"So, who is he?" Jessica asked.

"That is Kim Jonghyun," Sooyoung told her, "He plays the guitar along with Minho. He is also a backup singer. You can usually hear him in the background on occasion when the song needs a bit of a lift. Or some harmony."

Jessica nodded. She had heard a crisp voice, not as clear as the lead singer's, rumbling in the background several tones lower than the lead.

Sooyoung moved for the next link.

"No," Yuri ordered, "Key next."

Sooyoung sighed for a moment, the she excitedly clicked the link. There he was. The withdrawn one. He was leaning casually against a wall with his arms crossed, and his head was tilted back slightly. He stared at the camera with a steady gaze. It was Sooyoung's turn to swoon.

"This is Kim Kibum. He plays bass," Yuri explained, "He's actually Jonghyun's younger brother. He is about three years younger than Jonghyun."

"How old are the other guys?" Jessica asked.

"Minho is seventeen I think-"

"Eighteen...He's the same age as Kibum, remember?" Sooyoung sighed.

"Yes, eighteen. Taemin's the same age," Yuri continued. "And our lead singer..."

Yuri sighed as she clicked the final link. He sat on a fence with his hands in his lap. He gazed steadily away from the camera at something in the distance. His body was turned away from the camera as well. His hair and baggy white clothes blew in an eternal wind that existed only in his photo. 

"This is Lee Jinki or Lee Onew," Sooyoung told her.

Jessica shot a look at Seohyun, "Isn't that your cousin's name?"

Seohyun went beet red.

Yuri and Sooyoung looked at Seohyun with shock.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us, girl?" Yuri cried.

"Well...Um..." Seohyun tapped her fingers together again. "I didn't tell you because I was worried you all would ask me to introduce you to him..."

"That's all?" Sooyoung raised her eyebrow.

"Well....our relationship isn't exactly good..." Seohyun explained.

"Oh..." Sooyoung sighed.

"So....About this Onew guy..." Jessica began.

"Why don't you tell her, Seohyun?" Sooyoung told her, "I mean she already knows that he is the lead singer. Oh, and he is nineteen by the way."

"Yeah, nice to know..." Jessica muttered.

Seohyun shook her head, "I really don't know that much about him."

Sooyoung sighed, "Well, whatever. These guys are having a concert this weekend!" She squealed.

Yuri squealed with her, "I can't wait!! Of course you are coming right, Jessi?"

Jessica smirked, "If you want me to."

"She loves them already!" Yuri cried, "We've got competition."

"I don't think she's interested in Minho," Yuri told her.

"Definitely not!" Jessica replied.

Sooyoung laughed, "And you stay away from Key!"

It was Jessica's turn to laugh.

"I have a feeling she has eyes for Onew though," Yuri nudged Jessica with her elbow.

"D-Do you mind if I come along also?" Seohyun piped up suddenly.

"Sure Seo!" Sooyoung said happily, "After all, your cousin is the lead singer!"

"T-That's not why I want to come..."

Sooyoung and Yuri let their jaws drop.

"No..." Yuri gasped.

"But which one?" Sooyoung looked at Seohyun.

"It can't be Jonghyun..." Yuri said softly.

"Then it must be..."

Sooyoung and Yuri smiled.

"Taemin!" They cried in unison.

Seohyun went beet red in response.



NO-ONE POV

Onew took a long drink from his water bottle. He sighed when he put it down. He couldn't believe how far the band had came from just being a regular ol' garage band. Not even a garage band. He thought to himself. He put the water bottle under the sink tap and filled it back up again before returning it to the fridge.

"Onew," Minho walked into the kitchen, "We should rehearse about now. Our concert is in three days."

Onew nodded, "Remember the first day we played infront of a crowd?"

Minho smiled, "Yeah, I can't believe we got and encore."

"What was that?" Jonghyun walked in and immediately opened the fridge. He emerged with a large apple and took a bite out of it. Taemin and Key walked in soon after that. 

"Onew was just reminiscing," Minho explained.

"About what?" Key sat down backwards in a chair, resting his arms on the back.

"The first concert we ever had," Onew told them.

In response, the group looked around at each other with smiles plastered to their faces.

"It was all a joke," Jonghyun murmured taking a bite out of his apple.

"Something that Onew came up with when we were all bored," Taemin continued. 

"Who would have thought it would have turned out like this?" Minho muttered, hoisting himself up onto the counter to sit.

"Out of the blue, Onew, you were like, 'Hey, let's form a band and enter the school talent show!' and we were all just like what?" Taemin chuckled.

"It was a good idea at the time," Onew said with a smirk, "We even threw together who would play play what in ten minutes, no auditions. Can you play guitar?"

"No," Minho replied in the exact same way he had back then.

They all started laughing.

"Come on," Key stood up and headed for the garage. The group followed him in, and they immediately took their places. Onew flung the mic cord away from his feet, so that they wouldn't get tangled up in it.

"From the top," Onew called.

Taemin banged his drumsticks together to start the tempo, and at the final beat, the band lost theirselves amid the sounds of pounding drums and thrashing guitars.