Kaitao's 'Date'

Love In Friends

KRIS

'Why are you leaving so suddenly, Kai?'

'Oh sorry... I just -have other stuff to do. I'll call, though!'

'Okay Kai... See ya!'

 

Tao had been staying with Kris for a few weeks now. Kris didn't know how he felt about that.

Tao was so sweet. He offered to cook a lot, and do housework. Kris always came home to a tidy house.

But. Always a but.

But whenever Tao was around, although he wanted to be calm, Kris's heart had other ideas. It pounded against his chest whenever the cute little panda came into his view. He always blushed so furiously, and prayed that Tao never saw. Tao never mentioned anything.

Kris was... what exactly? Did he like the boy? Did he love the boy? Kris didn't know. He had never felt this way before...

 

It was just another moment of a near-heart failure when Kris came home one day, exhausted and worked off his feet from his new job. Tao rushed to his aid almost immediately, pulling Kris into one of the sofas (the one that Tao had slept on, no less!) and handing him a cool drink. He never failed to add a 'nice to see you again, hyung!'.

Kris looked up at the boy, and his heart went all pathetic, wanting to leap right out of his chest.

Tao had clearly just showered. His dark panda hair was plastered to his face, and he smelled of soap.

'Nice to see you again, too, Tao! How was your day?'

'It was usual. Did more of sorting out your wardrobe.'

'Don't you ever stop? Take a day off? Hang out will Kai once in a while... He always seems eager to see you' Kris could practically taste the jealously on his tongue.

Tao sighed, smiling. 'I don't really mind, Kris. Really. I love helping you!'

Kris giggled, patting the wet panda. 'Im serious. Tomorrow. You. Kai. Day off! No exceptions!'

'If that's what you want, then... okay.'

 

TAO:

The next day, Tao called up a surprised Kai and invited him for a day out, as Kris had suggested (though Tao didn't mention that).

Kai seemed unusually eager...

 

So, around midday, Kai had managed to pull Tao into a local Korean food place, and directed the boy into a seat. He pursuaded Tao to choose a special meal favourite of Kai's, which Tao discovered later to be really amazing.

They made idle chat as the sat at the small table, sipping their drinks.

'So, Tao... How is it, staying with Kris?' Tao was surprised. Kai preferred not to mention anything relating to Tao's current situation with 'rooming' with Kris. Unusually so.

'I just love it there. I help out a lot, to take my mind off problems I have. I enjoy cooking for him. But I know I won't stay long. I need to look for my own place at some point.'

'Oh.'

They sat in silence for a while. Kai didn't look up once, which made Tao worry.

'Hey Kai, is there something wrong?'

 

KAI:

'Nothing. Hey, you want me to walk you home? I don't feel like busing...'

Tao beamed. Really unnessisary, heart. 'Sure, hyung! I wouldn't mind.'

 

They walked a long time. Or, so it seemed to Kai. As they were walking, Kai noticed certain things. About Tao. The way his hair gleamed in the sun, shining blue. The way the corners of his mouth pulled into a grin. His even footsteps that matched up with Kai's.

They reached Kris's house, much to Kai's disappointment.

'Thank you so much Kai. For lunch. For the walk. Honestly, I had a great time.' Tao looked up as he spoke, pulling that brilliant grin.

'Hehe, me too,' Kai replied, blushing against his will. Then he did something he wasn't expecting.

Kai leant forwards, and pecked Tao's cheek with his own lips. He pulled away, noticing the cute boy turn red.

'Another time, okay Tao?'

'Sure!' Tao looked down, and Kai decided to leave (before he did any more pathetic moves).

'Bye, Jongin...'


Wow, okay. Seriously long chapter! :D

More Kaitao, cause I love them so much ^w^ And yes, KAI KISSED TAO!!! Well, not much, but STILL.

I am just so tired now. I should learn not to update on a school night, but I though that I should treat you guys. Don't wanna leave you hanging TOO long... :>

So anyways, I just noticed... I don't have much talking between the characters. I should make them talk more :< And more ACTION between Tao and Kris, to make you guys confused. :>

Love you all, okay? :D