Chapter Two - Like The First Time

Sweet Voices

Jang Kim Iseul sat in a little cafe, drinking her latte, while her friend tried to take in what all happened to her friend. "I leave you for a second and you have a one night stand with a celebrity!" I shook my head, placing the glass down. "No, it was not a one night stand since neither of us ranaway from the situation." "Psch! Of course he didn't runaway! He got married! In Vegas! While drunk!" Jae Kyung, my friend who came to Vegas with me, was enfuriated yet intrigued. "I know." She sighed heavily, chugging the rest of her tea. "Well," she leaned back in the lounge chair, "how do you feel about all of this?" It was a question I hadn't asked myself. I was only concerned that I had drunk myself into a stupor, had with a stranger, and married him, only to find out hours later that he is an idol. "I guess..." "Ah! No 'I guess'. If it was banned in English class don't use it." I shrugged my shoulders, "Fine. I'm...overwhelmed by it all? I mean, like, ugh! I don't know. It all just happened so fast." "Well, let's start with some basic questions." "Okay."

"Do you remember where you met him?"

"No; though it was probably in Jieun-unni's club."

"Okay. Do you remember what happened when you got to the hotel."

"No."

"Dang. You do it with an idol and don't remember , that's sad."

"Shut up." I punch her in the arm playfully.

"Alright. Hmm, were you a ?"

Wow. I've been de-flowered.

"Looks like I hit a good one!"

I was stunned that I hadn't thought of that. I hadn't thought of the subtle but HUGE difference. I sunk into the chair, covering my face. "Are you crying?" "No...just embarrassed." "No need to be embarrassed, it happens." I shrugged my shoulders and pulled myself up. As I adjusted my tank top my phone started to ring. "Hello?" "Hey, do you think you can come to LA for a bit?" I looked up at Jae Kyung, who held up both of her thumbs. "Uh, yeah. I think I can catch the next plane." "'Alright. I'll pick up at the airport." "Okay." I ended the call and subconsciously smiled. "Holy , the girl's in love." "Am not!"

 

Just as Yesung promised he was there, waiting for me when I came off the plane. From afar I could tell that he was laid-back. He didn't mind the hustle and bustle going on around him. When I came into view he met me halfway, taking my hand in his. "Hey," he kissed my forehead and took my mint colored purse. I noticed his wedding band. "Hey yourself." It felt odd standing in front of a person who is a complete stranger but is also your spouse. It must be how people with amnesia feel. "Ready to go?" "Yup." We walked hand in hand until we reached a red BMW Z4. "You can drive?" He chuckled, opening the passenger door for me, "I can do many things."

The car ride was silent, except for the music that blasted through the speakers. "Are you hungry?" I was oddly hungry even though I just had two glasses of a  usually very filling latte. "Yeah." "Where do you want to go?" I had been to LA when I was younger but I didn't know what to expect in terms of restaurants and food chains. "Surprise me!" 

We settled on a Mexican restaurant . Inside it felt homey but it had a date-like atmosphere. At first I walked towards the booths that sat along windows but I remembered. I'm with an idol. A well-known idol. I changed direction and headed towards the more private booths. After ordering our food we made small talk. "You can't drink even one bottle of alcohol, yet you were drunk as a skunk." "And sick as a dog." "Jong Woon?" "Hmm?" "How do you feel about all of this?" He took off his glasses and hat, looking at me very intensively. "Things happen for a reason. I became an idol for a reason, I sing for a reason, I married you for a reason." "Do you happen to know what that reason is?" "At the moment? Yes." "Really." "Really. You're open and innocent, I like that." I blushed rather hard, not being able to look at him. I couldn't stop blushing for he got up and sat beside me. "You're so cute." I had to laugh at that. "I am NOT cute, you are." "I'm handsome, not cute." "You're a gentleman too." "Why thank you." His tiny but manly hand reached up and touched... my philtrum?! "You two having fun on your date?" The elderly woman asked as she brought over our food. I couldn't help but look at Jong Woon for the answer. "Yeah." He brought up my left hand and kissed it. "Ah, married life. I wish you two the best." After she left her words sunk in, married life. "Jong Woon?" "Yeah?" "Do you still want to get an annullment?" "Not really. I like being around you." "What about your fans and group members and managers and boss?" "They'll learn to live with it." I sigh and place my head on his shoulder. "I like being around you too."

Yesung, Jong Woon, my husband, he drove me all around LA until he had to get back to preparing for SMTOWN and I had a plane to catch to go back to Seoul. "I'll be back in Seoul in...a week." "A week?!" We stood at the boarding gate, not wanting to let one another go. "Come on, you won't miss me that much." "How do you know?" "Because songs with my voice are all over YouTube and I'm sure there are a couple of good pictures of me you can download and sleep with." "...I think I'll listen to the songs and cuddle with my rilakkuma plush."