Chapter Three - Beautiful Stranger

Sweet Voices

The plane ride home was uncomfortably long. JaeKyung tried to keep me smiling or sleeping, but it wasn't working. I was missing him, badly. "He's got you under his spell." I stared out the window, watching the clouds float around all carefree...without a worry in the world...besides massive airplanes. "I know," I opened my mouth to speak but closed it, clamping my hand over it and making a bee-line for the restroom. I spent a good ten minutes in there. God, all the rattling and shaking must have upset my stomach. Yeah, that's what my conclusion was. It was all the turbulance we experienced. Going back to my seat I noticed what the flight attendants were handing out. Fish kimbap. I felt my eyes widen as I went back to the cramped space. After three attempts I made it back to my seat. "So," JaeKyung started with a sassy attitude, "how far along are you?" I chocked on my water. "What are you talking about?" "Uhm, the fact that you're eggs are fertilized." My face grew hot and red, "My eggs are NOT fertilized. It's the turbulance." "Oh really now?" "Yeah." "Okay." She gave me THAT look right before flagging down a flight attendant and asking for a plate. You have no idea how hard it is to try to keep down vomit at a high altitude.

 

I couldn't have been happier to be off the airplane and on my way home. I just wanted to go to bed and sleep. Jet-lag people, I'm not pregnant with Yesung's child. There's noway it's even possible. I pulled out the 'key' to my officetel as the taxi appraoched the traditional korean restaurant below my place. I paid the driver and get my luggage, eager to get in bed. The moment I opened the door to the restaurant I was overwhelmed by the smell of delicious ddeokbokki, bulgogi, mandu, naengmyeon, and bibimguksu. I seriously needed to get to my room. "Iseul!" All I could do was smile was the ahjumma who ran the restaurant with her husband called my name. The tiny but plump lady hugged me and squeezed my cheeks. "Aigoo! You look different." "No I don't!" She chuckles. "I'm kidding. I'll send up some food. I'm sure you only survived on alcohol." I laugh half-heartedly and make a run for it.

Behind the door of my officetel I sigh and take off my shoes. Walking to the mini living space I crashed on the couch and pulled out my phone. 2 alerts. I tapped the voicemail icon. "Jaji-ah!" He sounded so cute yet y. "I might not be home as soon as I had hoped, so you might need that pillow." I laughed and smiled, my hand slowly wandering down to my stomach. I pulled my hand back up. I'm not pregnant. In an attempt to get pregnancy off my mind I the tv. Bad idea. It was like the world wanted me to be pregnant with Yesung's child. "I'm gonna prove the world wrong!"

I went down the street to the convience store. It didn't take long. I took the test. It didn't take long. The results came. I took forever looking at the results.

A smiley face.

I was carrying a stranger. A stranger created by myself and Yesung. Well, I guess that would make it a beautiful stranger, right?

 

===================================================================================

It's been FOREVER since I uploaded, I hope this chapter wasn't a disappointment like my AP grade.