roses

Sans Princess

Prince Bang Yongguk was not having a good time.

For what felt the hundredth time that day,he pulled a thorn of his glove, sweat running down his face. His arms hurt, his chainmail was like ing 500 tonnes and his nose itched. All because of this thrice damned princess.

 

He had thought it sound brilliant at the time. Well that the way Jongup had made it sound. That meddling kid. 

"Oh, its such a great idea, your Highness! You just have to walk in there and she's yours! " his simpering royal advisor, Moon Jongup, had squeaked .

"Princess Jieun is so pretty and you're father will be so pleased you finally found a wife, and it will be simply wonderful." the kid had smiled then, practically glowing with excitement and joy and Yongguk could not help but smile along. A princess was a princess. He could show her off that ing insolent fancy boy Kim Himchan. Oh yes, hed march past with a beauty on his arm and he would be the talk of the kingdom, brave prince Yongguk and his beautiful wife who hed so daringly rescued. What a love story.  That would wipe that smug grin off himchan's smug face. That smug bastard.

 

 You'll be married within the month! Oh how exciting. " Jongup had beamed and nearly fainted from joy. Strange kid.

 

Sadly this was far from the truth. Yongguk wondered if he'd even be home in a month as he swore and swung  his sword at yet another tangle of thorns. It had been neglected to tell him that the doe-eyed beauty waiting for him in the tower, with golden curls and the whole shebang, was surrounded by a twisted mass of enchanted roses. Yongguk hated roses. They made his nose itch.  Not to mention they were goddamn near impossible to cut down. Fat lot of good a sleeping princess did against enchanted roses, even if she did have hair like spun gold.

Spun gold, yongguk mused as he hacked away at a branch. Hair like spun gold, eyes like melted chocolate and a voice like a nightingale were all traits Princess Jieun was said to possess. Yongguk didn’t give a about hair like spun gold, he just hoped the girl had a decent pair of s and wouldn’t talk too much. Women's prattle confused him.

 

"Like this goddamn maze of roses" he swore as he fought to struggle through the choking mess of briars and thorns. He swung his sword for what felt like the thousandth time and felt a judder run up his arm as he nearly dropped his sword. He had been too busy concentrating on the princess's potential size to realise he had finally reached the tower door, his sword clanging off the stone archway. Feeling rather foolish yet too tired to care he struggled inside the door, hinges rusted from years of disuse and abuse from enchanted roses.

 

He removed his helm once inside, grimacing at the feel sweat running into his eyes. As he wiped it away he saw the hall he was standing in was carpeted in roses. They covered the walls, the ceiling, climbing into cracks in the stonework and pushing their way through the floorboards, red as blood. It all looked very lovely, but Yongguk only scowled then sneezed. He hated roses.

 

He began to climb the tower stairs, cursing as he snagged his chainmail on a thorn then feeling absurdly pleased as he decapitated the culprit. He frowned. This black magic maze of roses had turned him mad. Shaking his head, he arrived at the door to the tower's solitary room, the princess's room.

"Finally"

He pushed open the door and there she lay, on a bed of rose petals, these ones white as snow. Dropping his sword and helm with a clatter, Yongguk hurried to the bed with renewed energy, eager to inspect his prize. For she was now his princess. He almost rubbed his hands together with glee.

 

The princess lay sleeping, a bouquet of roses clutched in her hands, her hair of cloud of spun gold was  fanned out behind her, silky eyelashes lying perfectly against milk white skin. But something was wrong. Something was terribly wrong. Jieun's golden locks were just a bit too short, her milky legs a bit too lanky, the fact she was wearing pants just a bit too odd. Yet that paled in comparison to the obvious catastrophe. To Yongguk' s alarm, the princess had a complete and utter lack of s.

 

 With a feeling of growing horror, Yongguk poked at the "princess's " chest, desperately hoping that this was either a really bad dream or somehow there was s hidden under that fabric. He poked harder. No s.

"You're supposed to kiss me, not feel me up"

 

 

 

 

author's note:

so yeah end on a cliff hanger. tell me if you want another chapter. sorry for all the typos and swears, Yongguk does tend to swear a bit lol