XXII NOT SERIOUS

HOPELESS CRUSH

CHAPTER 22. NOT SO SERIOUS

 

 

Chaering has been getting suspicious. She has already used the excuse of goign the bathroom far too much for it to be believable.

 

“What have you been eating unnie?” she asked as they sat in YG cafeteria.

 

“I don’t know.” She answered guiltily for lying.

 

It’s just that she was feeling very nervous about where they were going. Chaerin was being mum about it but she has this strong gut feeling that it was related to Seunghyun and it scares her.

 

“Let’s go unnie…It’s just two floors from here they’re already waiting for us!” Chaerin exclaimed as she stood up and pulled Dara by the arm garnering looks from the people around them.

 

“Wait…just wait a minute. I want to drink some water first.” She said as she stood firmly on ground that the other girl wasn’t able to drag her.

 

“There’s water there too!” Chaerin exclaimed. She sighed then she looked at Dara squarely then said, “Unnie…you can’t keep running away from your own feelings. I’m going up now, and when you feel like it you can follow. I just really hope you won’t be too afraid to face what you feel unnie…it’s okay to feel that way.” Then she gave Dara a reassuring smile, turned around and headed for the elevator.

 

Dara put her face miserably over her face. She really hates it when her dongsaeng tries to act wise…cause she really does make sense.

 

“Wait!” she called out. CL stopped in her tracks, turned to her, smiled, and did two thumbs up.

 

-        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Sajangnim had this room made especially for YG family whenever they wanted to celebrate special occasions and they hadn’t had time to reserve somewhere exclusive. It was a really spacious room, with it’s own bar, pool tables, wide screens and speakers, and black couches…it was decked out really well that the word ‘cool’ was the biggest understatement for it.

 

The moment they stepped near the black glass doors slid open automatically and everyone’s attention turned to them.

 

“Finally they’re here…what took you guys so long?” It was Bommie who first greeted them.

 

“Dara unnie had guests…so we had to wait for them to leave…” Chaerin answered.

 

“Guests? Who?”

 

The voice startled her not because it suddenly came up from behind her but because it was him. When she turned around she felt close up and eyes sting a little bit as she stared and realized he already cut his hair a crew cut. This was really happening.

 

And he was just smiling like nothing was wrong.

 

Chaerin shrugged her shoulders, “The other one was Shin Minah…and some guy.”

 

Seunghyun looked at her sharply. “What guy?”

 

Don’t look at me like that mister?!!! She wanted to yell out. Who was the one keeping secrets about going to the military all this time??!! She wanted to spat at him, she was glad Chaerin was holding her hand all this time.

 

“I really don’t know why we’re gathered here Hyung?” Jiyong asked as he put a hand over Seunghyuns’ shoulder then looked to Dara, “…unless the two of you are going to confess to us that you are indulging in a secret relationship that we’ve prayed for these past few weeks…”

 

“And ruin a beautiful friendship?” Dara answered sarcastically. “Friends can never be lovers. You should know better Jiyong.” She said.

 

“How can you say that?!” Seunghyun exclaimed suddenly. “Maybe you haven’t watched ‘When Harry Met Sally’?

 

Everyone burst out in laughter at his sudden burst of English. But Dara wasn’t laughing; she hates how he isn’t being serious right now. Instead of being all sad and moping, he was being funny and charming…and she keeps reminding him of the things she would miss about him and it hurts even more.

 

 

So she steered clear from him the rest of the night. Then it finally came to the part where he head to announce, that indeed this was his going away party. That he was going to serve in the military. There were collective gasps from the room. Then some wailing as he announced he was due tomorrow early morning to camp and Daras’ heart sunk even lower.

 

Tomorrow?!

 

It was okay to cry now right? The girls were crying, even BigBang was getting teary eyed.

 

“I am honored to serve my country,” he continued on. “I hope you all send me with a light heart. Take care of yourselves while I’m away.” His voice was breaking a bit and she could tell he was also trying hard not to cry. “And I will do my best thinking you will be waiting for me. See you after two years…” then he cleared his throat and turned to her. “Dara…there’s something I need to tell you. Please take what I’m gonna say seriously…” he made a dramatic pause and everyone was all ears in anticipation. Then he said, “You don’t have to wear a skirt when you visit me.”

 

Then everyone burst out in laughter.

 

Crap! This wasn’t a time to be joking!

 

Anything could happen while he was in the military. The North Koreans can suddenly go crazy and start attacking their camp. And he wasn’t even athletic enough…heck he doesn’t even like to exercise! What was he going to do with himself?! But instead there he goes and just jokes about it.

 

Then Chaerin leans in and whispers, “He’s just trying to make you laugh, cause you look really sad right now.”

 

 

Dara just nods her head solemnly then stands up and steps toward him.  She grabs his hand and puts in his military draft card, “Here…just in case you might need this.” She says then walks away.