A Beautiful Bad Day

Mr. and Mrs. Mapo Tofu

Early 2008,

Seoul, South Korea.

 

 

 

Kyu's POV

 

I stare boringly at people in the cafe as I waiting for my ordered meal to come. The cafe is not too crowded and most of the customers here at the moment are SM trainees. I can tell it by the dark circle around their eyes which indicates their insufficient sleep and tiredness living as a trainee. Not only that, this cafe is the nearest cafe to SM building. So it's normal to see SM trainees here.

I know eating here is not an wise action for an idol like me. But thanks to my shades, people can't recognise me easily. Kekekekekeke. SmartKyu, indeed I am. Kekekekekeke.

Oh, speaking about my life as an idol, I'll be having my Mandarin class after this with other Super Junior members. I love Mandarin class. I love it VERY MUCH! I love every single moment of it!

Why?

What do you mean by why? Isn't it already known that all my hyungs are so stupid not only in Mandarin but in all field of studies in the world; so can you imagine MY PLEASURE to see them suffer when they learn Mandarin? Heh! (Yes, I'm smirking.)

Actually, there's a reason why do we need to learn Mandarin. Super Junior is going to debut in China, through our new subgroup. So far, only Hankyung hyung and Henry have been publicly announced as the subgroup members. Other than Hankyung hyung and Henry, actually I was selected too (thanks to my fascinating voice and charming face) along with Siwon hyung, Donghae hyung, Ryeowook and Zhou Mi but we have to keep this secret until the company announce it officially.

I don't know whether to be happy or not to debut in China. I'll have to leave Korea, I will miss the food, my parents, my friends and for sure I'll be having a hard time to adjust myself with the new environment and culture. I'm so worried that I can't do well in China.

Hmmm...Ottoke?

But hey, cheer up PrinceKyu! Your stupid hyungs will have a harder time to adapt than you(because adapting to something new depends on MENTAL strength a lot), so you don't have to be worry. Try to imagine how pathetic and embarassing your hyungs will be during Chinese Variety Shows. Isn't it gonna be fun? Heh! (Yes, I'm smirking, again).    

 

 

"Wo bu zhidao,"

Suddenly I hear someone speaks in Mandarin.

 

 

I was shocked. I was thinking about something related to China and Mandarin now suddenly I hear someone speak the language itself. Is this a coincidence? Is this a sign of anything? Or is this just my imagination?

 

 

"Mei shi,"

There, I hear it again. Mandarin language. And I confirmed it's not my imagination.

 

 

I turn around. There's a long-haired girl talking on her phone two tables away from me. I can't really see her face because she is looking at the other side.

 

 

"Umm..umm..dui..dui,"

Confirmed. It's her who speaks Mandarin. Who is she? Is she a tourist or something?

 

 

"Here's your order, sir. Seafood jjajangmyun,"

As I was wondering about the girl, my food arrived. I forgot about the girl right away. Food vs Girl. Food wins. But don't ask me about Food vs Game. It's gonna be hard for me.

I eat my food contentedly like there's no tomorrow. I eat and eat until the food is half finished. I stop for about three seconds to drink my juice and continue eating the jjajangmyun again. Yummy! I my lips. I lift my chopstick to take another bite of jjajangmyun but ouch! I am not careful enough. The jjajangmyun fall on my shirt. Quickly I grab the tissue box on the table but....oh no...it's empty.

What kind of cafe let an empty tissue box on customers table??

I start to feel annoyed. I raised my hand to call for a waiter but no one notice me. I'm getting more annoyed. I stand up from my seat and go to the cash counter. There's a tissue box there so I pick the tissue by myself. While wiping the dirt on my shirt, I spend about two minutes at the counter complaining about my situations. The employer keeps bowing and apologizing to me. He asks someone to replace the tissue box with a new one. Then, he apologizes to me once again.

I don't go back to my table right away. I go to the toilet first. The dirt on my shirt still can be seen so I need a little water to wipe it. After wiping it for a few moment, the dirt on my shirt finally gone. I feel satisfied. I check myself in the mirror and put on my shades back. After ensuring that I look okay (and charming as I always does), I walk out of the toilet and head back to my table.

As for my surprise, there's someone at my table when I get back.

A girl.

A long-haired girl.

And she's eating my half-finished jjajangmyun.

 

 

 

Qian's POV

 

Today is a bad day for me. Everything doesn't seem right. I overslept and was late for the morning training session. I was punished and I felt so ashamed because I am the oldest girl among the trainess but I'm the one who act like a kid who don't know how to manage herself. Ahh, please don't blame me. It just.....I'm still so new in Korea so I have this kind of feeling that make me feel "emotionally and spiritually down". But I try my best. Everyday I try my best.

Not only that, I bumped into Kangta Oppa at the company after the training ended. He looked so handsome and cool as usual but I.....I looked super duper terrible! I was so messy and full of sweat. I bet I smelled stinky ang yucky at that time. Why, why must out of all time I have to bump into him when I was in such kind of condition, sweating and messy like that? Why? Why didn't we meet when I'm neat and fresh like now? Ahh, so embarassing! I wonder what he think of me at that time.

Tired complaining to myself about my own bad day, I decided to just continue eating. It's better than thinking about something that have passed and can't be re-done.

I look at the meal in front of me. What's the name of this meal again? I don't know, I can't remember. But by looking and smelling at it, I can tell it's something made of black bean. Without further ado, I inserted the noodles into my mouth. My eyes closed as I chew and savor the taste.  Black bean noodles. Yes, this is definitely black bean noodles. Confirmed!

What's black bean noodle in Korean Language? I've learned it before. It's myun-myong something. Myun..j-jungmyun..jumong...ahh, what is it?? Why I become so forgetful and careless today?

 

 

"Jjajangmyun. My jjajangmyun. Why are you eating MY jjajangmyun??"

A voice suddenly interupted me.

 

 

I'm surprised with the sudden accusation. Who eating whose jjajangmyun? I'm confused. I lift my head and look at the voice owner.

It's a guy.

He's wearing a shades so I can't really see his face.

 

 

While blinking, I asked in confusion, "Ne?"

He doesn't say anything. He just looks straightly at me.

 

 

"Excuse me, do you have any problem? Is there anything I can help?" After being silent for almost a minute, I decide to ask the guy politely, even though he's the one who supposed to do so (he approached me WITHOUT saying 'anneyeonghaseyo' or 'excuse me' but suddenly questioned me about his jjajangmyun....kind of rude but...well maybe he needs something).

Just like before, he doesn't speak anything. He just stand there and stare deeply at me. It's like...he's being hypnotized by something...or like he's seeing something he has never seen before. Why? Do I have anything weird on my face? Did three pimples pop out on my nose at the same time? What is it?

I start to feel uncomfortable and awkward. What's wrong with this guy? I decide to say something so that this guy stop acting this way.

 

 

"Ahjusshi," I say.

Softly, carefully and politely.

 

 

Suddenly he wrinkles his forehead.

Hehehehe. There...finally he has some reaction. I smile to my ownself. My politeness has touched his heart. Hehehehehe. Well done, Qian!

"Ahjusshi??!" he asked loudly.

Now, it's my turn to wrinkle my forehead. Why? What's wrong?

He takes off his shades and stares sharply at me.

"Do I look like an ahjusshi to you? Look closely. Tell me what part of myself that look like an ahjusshi to you. Tell me now,"

That's what he said, but not a single word comes to my ear...

Because I'm fascinated...

And hypnotized....

By his charm....

 

 

 

Kyu's POV

 

"Do I look like an ahjusshi to you? Look closely. Tell me what part of myself that look like an ahjusshi to you. Tell me now," I say to the long-haired girl.

Ahjusshi? For a 20-year-old guy like me? Oh, nightmare! Nightmare. I repeat, nightmare! If my hyungs hear this, they're gonna roll on the floor laughing crazily like there's no tomorrow. NO! Not gonna happen. I can't allow that to happen.

 

 

"Calling me Ahjusshi....sorry but you have to know that it's a sensitive matter for me. I know you're beautiful and I admit that when I first see your face just now I couldn't take my eyes off you because I've never seen anyone as gorgeous as you and it's hard to not to be attracted to you but that isn't an excuse for you to call me Ahjusshi,"

That is what I wanna say, but I don't know why my voice don't wanna come out. Maybe because her cute big bunny eyes that staring at me right now is making me nervous and making me lost for words.

 

 

No. I can't let this continue happening. I can't let her keep staring at me cutely like that. Or else, my heart will explode. But...what should I do? Should I just leave this place and pretend nothing happen? No. Bad move. Then...what should I do? Should I apologize? And after that should I treat her the meal to show my sincerity in apologizing? And after that should I wink at her? And after that should I sit beside her? And after that should I praise her beauty? And oh after that automatically she's going to blush in shyness... And after that like a Romeo I ask for her phone number... And after that of course we date. And after that we have our first ki...YAH CHO KYUHYUN!! What are you thinking????? What the heck is wrong with you?

Sense. I need to get back to my senses right now. Say something to her, Kyuhyun. Say something so that she'll stop staring at you and you can become normal again.

 

 

"Jjajangmyun...return it back to me,"

Finally I say something...

But hold on. Did I say jjajangmyun? Urghhhhh! Why did I say about the jjajangmyun?? Urghhhh!

 

 

But she seems to realize something.

"Jjajangmyun?" she asked me back.

 

 

"Yes, you steal my place. And that is my jjajangmyun," I say.

Wait! Hold on, hold on. Did I say something about stealing my place and my jjajangmyun? OH SHUT UP, MOUTH! SHUT UP!

 

 

The girl immediately looks at the jjajangmyun on the table. Then she looks at the surrounding. She remembers something.

"Omo!" she says, before covering .

Her cheeks start to become reddish. She's blushing. She is shy...but I know, not in the way I imagine earlier.

 

 

 

Qian's POV

 

"Yes, you steal my place. And that is my jjajangmyun," he says.

Steal his place? Really?

Immediately I turn my eyes on the table. I look at the black bean noodles. Wait, did I really order this food? And...didn't I sit near to window when I came in earlier? Why I'm sitting here now, in the middle of the cafe, which is far from window? Ah, what's happening??

Quickly I recall everything.

Hui Ying was calling from China. The line coverage wasn't clear so I went out for awhile so that I could speak to Hui Ying properly. After she hung up I walked back into the cafe and then...here I am. Sitting here and eating black bean noodles...which the guy called as jjajangmyun.

"Omo!" I say, before covering my mouth. I remember something.

I really did steal his place.

I really did eat his jjajangmyun.

His half-finished jjajangmyun, to be exact.

And worse, I used his chopstick...which means....indirectly we have just ki....

OH MY GOD!!

OTTOKE?? OTTOKE?? I'm so shy! What should I do? Ahhh...!! Ottoke?

 

 

"Mi-mianhaeyo. I...just now..ahh. Mianhaeyo. Dui bui qi," I apologized to him.

Because I'm so nervous, I didn't realized I have mixed Korean and Mandarin at the same time. He wanna say something but his phone rings. He picks it up.

"Hyung, what's the matter? Now? But I... Why is it like that? Arasso, arasso. I'm going there now. Yes. Okay, I know, no need to repeat it. Okay. See you there," he says before he hangs up.

Then he looks at me.

I wonder, is he thinking of what to say to me?

But, just like that, for about a minute, he keeps looking at me without saying anything.

 

 

Finally, he bows at me and then leave without a word. Just like that.

 

 

Just like that...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know. I know I promised to update more often. I know I promised to pikajen101 to update on that particular week but I didn't. This may sound a bit y but...don't trust in my promises anymore, because I don't trust in my own promise either.

I'm really sorry for making you guys disappointed. I allow you to be angry with me, I'll understand.

But please don't be angry at the story, ok.  This fic didn't do anything wrong, the author did. If you want to be angry, angry at the author only, okay.

Don't forget to leave your comments.^^ See you again (I honestly don't know when is that "again")~