Of Dream and Destiny

Mr. and Mrs. Mapo Tofu

Septermber 2007,

Beijing, China.                                    

 

I have a dream, a song to sing

To help me cope with anything

If you see the wonder of a fairy tale

You can take the future even if you fail

I believe in angels

Something good in everything I see

I believe in angels

When I know the time is right for me

I'll cross the stream, I have a dream...

 

 

 

 

"Hahaha. You should've looked at Mr. Chang face. He was like, 'euuuwwww what the hell is this?' Hahaha. His expression was priceless," said Hui Ying while sealing the mineral water bottle with its cap.

"If I were Mr. Chang, I would do the same thing too. This is a traditional dance competition. Why did Group B suddenly make a pole dance like that? Haiya!!" said Zhuang, expressing his opinion. He shook his head.

"Maybe they wanted to impress the judges by making something out of the box. Mixing a traditional dance with some kind of hot-but-fail ty night club dance. Hahahaha," said Chen.

He then continued, "But the worst and funniest part was, the bamboo which the 'warrior' use to fight the 'kidnapper' suddenly turn into a pole for the 'princess' to dance! Seriously, what the hell??! Hahahahaha!"

All of them cracked into laughter. They agreed with Chen. That part was undoubtedly the funniest part from Group B performance.

"Hey, what's so funny?" Xuan, who has just came back from toilet suddenly interrupted.

She placed her arm onto Hui Ying's shoulder. 

"Nothing. Just talking about Group B performance in the competition earlier," answered Hui Ying, after her laughter subsided.

Xuan was puzzled.

"Group B? What's wrong with their performance??" she asked.

Lines of wrinkles formed on her forehead, indicating how puzzled she was. But before any of her friends could answer, she suddenly remember.

"Oh Group B! The one who 'emmmm ahhhhh emmmm ahhhhhh' like that?" she said, while immitating Group B pole dance.

Her immitation made her friends cracked into laughter, again.

"EXACTLY!" said Chen and Hui Ying at the same time, before continue laughing . 

After a few moments of non-stop laughter, finally Zhuang spoke, "Hahahaha....Hahaha...haaa....ehem (cough lighly). Alright, alright. Enough with this Group B thingy. My tummy is already painful because laughing too much about them. Anyway, where's Qian?"

That question made everyone turned to Xuan.

"Didin't she went to the toilet with you?" asked Hui Ying.

"Oh, she isn't here yet? I was gonna be long at the toilet so I told her to leave first," explained Xuan.

"Ah, don't tell me she went home already...She's gonna join the celebration party, right? She really should be there. She's the one who made us win," said Zhuang.

"Agree!" added Chen then. 

"Troooooooot Troooooooot. Trooooooot Trooooooot. Troooooooot Troooooot...."

Suddenly, Hui Ying's cellphone rang. She looked at the name on the screen. It's Mr. Chang, their dance teacher. She quickly picked it up.

"Hello. Yes, Mr. Chang?" she said after she clicked the answer button.

"What? Everyone's waiting for us? They all are there already? Okay, okay. We'll be there as soon as possible. Okay. We go now. Alright. Understand. Yes. See you at the party. Bye," said Hui Ying before she hanged up.

Xian quickly asked, "Everyone has arrived at the place?"

"Yes, they are waiting for us. We should find Qian now," replied Hui Ying.

"Where should we find her? All places in this building have been locked, except this entrance hall and the toilet. Everyone has left this place right after the competition ended. We are the last one left here. Xuan, are you sure she wasn't in the toilet?" asked Zhuang.

"Yes, I'm very sure," answered Xuan, shortly and confidently.

The four dancers sighed.

"Where is this girl actually?" asked Chen, more to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

Carefully, Qian inserted one by one coin into the small hole. After she inserted enough amount of money, she pressed the white button beside a '100 Plus Canned Drink' picture. In the twinkling of eyes, the canned drink rolled down and appeared inside another hole, which was located at lower part of the Cold Drink Vending Machine. 

Qian grabbed the can and walked away. She hummed happily to some random songs while opening the can. A hiss sound could be heard from the isotonic drink after the can was opened. Qian then lifted the can to to quench her thirst.

"Ahhh....." a sound of relieve could be heard from Qian after she took her first gulp.

"Emm...this is so refreshing. Worth every penny I spent," she said to herself, before taking another gulp.

She then continued walking and headed to a van at the carpark. She was surprised to see that the van was still empty. Her friends were nowhere in sight.

"Where are they? I thought we're gonna have a celebration party with the others after this?" asked Qian to herself while looking around the carpark.

Qian looked at her watch. It was almost time for the planned celebration party to start. If they didn't leave now, they will surely gonna be late. Qian took out her cellphone from her bag. She decided to call her friend, Zhuang. She was so focus in searching for Zhuang's name in the cellphone phonebook that she didn't realize a stranger was walking towards her from her back.

"Song Qian?" asked the stranger while touching Qian's shoulder.

Qian was so shocked. She immediately turned around. Her big eyes widened indicating how shocked and terrified she was.

Looking at Qian's reaction, the stranger laughed slightly.

"Sorry for making you surprised, Miss Song. I am Liew, a talent agent from SM Entertainment China," said the stranger, introducing himself.

The stranger reached out to shake his hand with Qian. Qian was hesitatedat first, but still, she reached out her hands too. The stranger gave Qian a friendly smile when their hands touched. Being a friendly person she is, she smiled back.

The stranger then took out something from the inner pocket of his jacket. He gave the thing to Qian.

"This is my business card," he said.

Qian took the card and read it carefully. Besides the stranger's name, there were also company adress and contact numbers written on it.

"SM Entertainment? Isn't this a Korean entertainment company?" asked Qian to the stranger.

As a big fan of Korean boyband, H.O.T, Qian not only has been to many concerts, performances, fanmeetings and other events organised by the boyband's managing company, but she also has bought many H.O.T merchandises and goodies with SM Entertainment logo on them. So, it was impossible for Qian to not know or to never heard of the company.

"Yes, you are right. SM Entertainment is a Korean entertainment company. I'm one of their agents, working at their official branch in China," explained Mr. Liew.

"Oh...so it's like that," responded Qian.

"Emm..actually I watched the dance competition earlier. Your group won, right? Congratulation. You really deserve it," said Mr. Liew while smiling brightly to Qian.

"Thank you. Thank you very much," replied Qian, politely and humbly.

Mr. Liew then continued, "You were very outstanding during the competition, Miss Song. Every move you made was so beautiful and tender, but at the same time, it was energetic and full of passion. I don't know how to describe the way your dance. It was just...stunning! You really looked like a Goddess out there. When you danced, it's like....I don't know....I was like living in another world. A world with full of magics and fantasies. It was the best traditional dance ever, Miss Song! Every dancer from your group was amazing, but I don't know why, it was hard to take my eyes off from you. You were really really outstanding,"

Mr. Liew was being honest. He kept pouring Qian with compliments.

Qian was blushing. She was so shy being praised like that but she couldn't help to smile. Her heart filled with happiness.

"Ah, really? Emm..t-thank you," she said while bowing her head down, looking at the floor. She was a bit stuttering because she was too shy.

"I asked about you to my friend who was involved in this competition. She was the one who told me your name and some other informations about you. She said she had seen you several times in other competitions before this and she agreed with me that you are outstanding," added Mr. Liew.

Qian cheeks became more reddish. The words made her even more shy. She didn't know what to say. She just kept smiling.

Mr. Liew continued, "That's why I am here now, looking for you. I have something important to discuss with you,"

"About what?" asked Qian. She lifted her head to look at Mr. Liew's face.

Mr. Liew beamed widely.

"Are you free this weekend?" he asked.

Qian was confused with Mr. Liew's question. But before she could ask why, Mr. Liew pursued, "For an audition?"

 

 

 

 

 

"AUDITION?!!" shouted Xuan and Hui Ying at the same time.

They shouted quite loud but thanks to Bao who was singing a voice-cracking song at that time, other people weren't able to listen to them.

"An agent from that famous company recommended you for an audition??" asked Hui Ying, needed a confirmation.

Her eyes were big and was making the letter "O" shape, indicating how amazed she was with the news.

"Yeah. But I don't make up my mind yet whether to go or not. The audition is this weekend. We have international dancing event at that time, remember? So I just told him I will give him a ring later," said Qian.

Xuan quickly said, "But it's SM Entertainment, Qian! SM ENTERTAINMENT!"

Xuan was so excited for her friend. It was undoubtedly a good news. She added, "You know it isn't easy to enter the company. They are very picky in choosing their artists,"

"I agree!" said Hui Ying then.

"You are so lucky their agent came all the way just to recommend you an audition. It happens the other way around for other people. This shows that they're really attracted in you and really want you to join the company. Oh Qian, I'm so jealous!" added Hui Ying.

"Me too," said Xuan to Hui Ying, while doing a sad expression.

"And not only that, if you pass the audition, you can meet other artists easily. You can meet Bae Yong Joon. You can meet Song Hye Kyo. And you can also meet our favourite Kangta!! Huwarrggghhhh so lucky!" said Hui Ying in excitement.   

"How I wish we are that lucky too! Huwaaarghh..." said Xuan after that. She hugged Hui Ying and they both pretended to cry.

Looking at her friends childish behaviour, Qian smiled and shook her head.

"Haiya...It's only audition. It's not like I will surely enter the company. And I don't think I will skip the international dance event just for the audition," said Qian, try to console her firends.

"But still...you...huwargghhh!!" they continue to pretend crying.  

Suddenly, Bao shouted from a far, "Hey Hui Ying, it's your turn to sing. Are you coming or not? If not, I'm just going to continue with my Samba number,"

Hui Ying turned around. She looked at Bao. His hand was still holding a microphone from the karaoke machine. It was obvious that he still wanna sing. Other people behind him, including their dance teacher Mr. Chang, were kneeling and begging silently to Hui Ying from Bao's back. They moved their lips, try to deliver their message to Hui Ying without making a sound so that Bao would not noticed them.

Please! Please, please, please! Please take over! Don't let him continue. Please! We had suffered enough! Please. Please, Hui Ying!

Hui Ying could clearly understand what they were trying to say.

"Okay, Bao. You can continue," said Hui Ying shortly before turning back to Qian and Xuan.

She could clearly see the disappointment written on her friends and teacher's faces when she was turning back. But she couldn't help it. Qian's audition was a bigger deal for her.

"Ho yeahh! SAMBA time, everyone! Ooh la la~~~!" shouted Bao happily, while shaking his .

"Yaaayyy!!" shouted everyone else happily while clapping their hands, pretended to anticipate.

"This is the best celebration party ever!!" shouted Bao again.

"Yaaayyy!!" everyone repeated their fake cheering.

"Let sing song number 57," said Bao, while pressing the remote control.

"Yaaayyy!!" cheered everyone again.

"Why you guys keep cheering?" asked Bao.

"Yaaayyy!!" that was the answer he got.

"I need to drink a bit," said Bao.

"Yaaayyy!!" other people continued to cheer.

"You guys are acting so wei.."

"Yaaayyyy!!"

"Looks lik.."

"Yaaayyyy!!"

"Guys!"

"Yaaayyy!!"

"Are you crazy?"

"Yaaayyy!!"

"Errr...."

"Yaaayyy!!"

"I have to go to toilet for awhile," said Bao finally, before making his way out of the big karaoke room.

As he went out, the cheering didn't stop. It got even louder, merrier and HAPPIER.   

"YAAAAAAYYYYHAYHAYHAYHAYIIIIHAHAHAHAHAHHAHATHANKGOD!!!!"

"So are you going or not, Qian?" asked Xuan, ignoring the chaos.

 Qian shrugged her shoulder.

"Don't know..." she said, while playing boringly with the straw from her glass.

"Just go. Give a try," suggested Hui Ying.

"If you worry about the international dance event, you shouldn't because the event start at noon. You can go to the audition in the morning first," added Xuan.

Hui Ying nodded her head repeatedly. She agreed with Xuan.

Qian let out a sigh.

"Well, it's not only the event that I'm worrying about....." she said, heavy-heartedly.

Xuan shook her head. She knew exactly what's playing inside her best friend's mind.    

"I know you afraid that you'll pass the audition and later have to leave the dancing academy. I know you tried so hard to enter this academy. This academy meant so much to you. But Qian, just like you said earlier, it's only an audition. It's not like you will really enter the company. So, just give a try. Take that as an experience. After all, being a star is your dream since you were a child, right? You should go to at least know how real star was auditioned before they become famous," said Xuan.

"Really?" asked Qian, started to consider what Xuan said.

"Don't hesitate anymore. Just go, okay?" convinced Xuan.

Hui Ying interrupted,"You have to go, Qian. If you don't go, then I'll....."

She widened her eyes to Qian. She tried to make a scary look, but Qian found her face was so funny. Qian laughed loudly. Xuan was laughing along with her too.

"Then you'll what? Huh? Huh? Hahahahah..." asked Qian, still laughing.

"Just go okay!" said Hui Ying, slapping Qian's back slightly before laughing along with her two best friends.

After their laughter subsided, Qian finally spoke, "Alright. Alright. I'll go. I promise,"

She smiled to Xuan and Hui Ying. The two of them smiled back to her.

"That's my girl. Jiayou!!" said Hui Ying enthusiastically while lifting her hand to the air.

She wanted to give Qian some spirit, and yes, she did it. Qian's smile became wider and brighter.

Right at the moment, the door of the karaoke room opened. Everyone immediately looked at the door.

"Bao is back!" said Bao proudly from the door.

Everyone quickly cheered, "Yaaayyyy!!"

But deep in their hearts,

Oh no....

 

 

 

 

 

 

You guys waited very long for this update, right? I know, and I'm sorry for that. It's hard for me to find some time to write new update.And I have other fics to update too. Hope u can understand.

Anyway, I made a background picture and chapter banners for this fic. Do you like it? I hope it will make people more interested to read. Hihi.^^

I also wanna thanks to people who subscribed to this story. For me, the numbers of subscibers are quite impressive since I actually wrote nothing important for chapter 1 and chapter 2. You guys are daebak!! Kamsahamnida!!!!!! >.<

I'll try my best to update this story more frenquently in the future. Wish me luck~!!

Don't forget to leave some comments, okay! Catch you later.