You're everything I ever wanted.

Of train stations and hopeless romantics.

 

He stands there. Watching as the train fills up with every student, salary men and single moms with their kids. He just waits for it to go before waiting until the next one comes. He always takes the 8:30am train downtown, where his school is. But he gets to the terminal at 6:30am just to watch the trains come and go.

“It’s a waste of sleeping time” his friends tell him. But ZiTao doesn’t mind. In fact, he enjoys standing amongst the crowd until it’s his turn to go.

He’s been doing this for a while now -5 months and 3 days- and stopping isn’t on his ‘to do’ list.

Tao has asked himself why he really does this and he nearly quitted one day if he hadn’t seen him.

Dark red hair standing out from the sea of ravens and brunettes, pale white skin that made him look almost like a ghost. He didn’t wear a suit like most of the males there; his everyday wardrobe consisted on a brown leather jacket over bright colored polo shirts and tight fitting jeans, so Tao didn’t had a clue on what he did for the living.

ZiTao came to know he always went on the 7:30 train, but always got there half an hour early, leaving a good amount of time for Tao to stare at him.

Maybe he noticed him sometimes, because it had been more than one time a pair of sleepy eyes locked with his. And maybe that was the main reason for him to look at Tao for more than a few seconds.

Days passed by and still the biggest interaction they had was a small smiles coming from the redhead. But ZiTao had the need to walk over and ask him his name, and the redhead would answer with a name that felt right when Tao recited.

‘SuHo’ a soft yet manly voice would answer.  It was a cute and it had certain something that made Tao feel safe and secure.

After the name exchange, ZiTao would offer SuHo a cup of coffee and they would talk for hours and miss their planned schedules just to stay with the other. It won’t be long before they start dating, it would be great. They might get along just like any other couple, with an argument or two here and there, but they would get over them. And in the blink of an eye they might be celebrating their first year anniversary. Tao would prepare a candle lit dinner on the rooftop of SuHo’s favorite restaurant, and they would dance under the stars as whispered ‘I love you’s reach their ears.

SuHo might enjoy when ZiTao back-hugs him, nuzzling his nose in those strands of dark red hair. SuHo might also like it when Tao gives him a massage after he gets home from work (because he might be an elementary school teacher and that can be exhausting).

And just like second ticking away, their fifth anniversary would be just around the corner. Tao –being the romantic he is- would prepare something really special. Maybe he would take the opportunity to propose to SuHo, because he is the only man he wants to spend the rest of his life with and he would say yes with a cracking voice.

Yixing, Tao's best friend since kindergarten, would be their wedding planner and it would be perfect. Just what SuHo deserves and more. The might invite everyone they consider close and their families, even SuHo’s awkward uncle and ZiTao’s newborn niece.

They might choose a beach for their honeymoon. And they would have the time of their lives, learning each and every curve of the other’s body, memorizing even the slightest breath, hitch, and sigh.

Tao knows he wants children and maybe SuHo wants too, so they might sign up in an adoption program. Hoping a teenage girl would trust them with her baby.

And maybe she does, giving the couple the opportunity to raise a child they would name as their own. Maybe it would be a girl, because Tao knows he always wanted a baby girl so she can be daddy’s little girl.

They would be a perfect little family of three and ZiTao would treasure every moment with his perfect husband and baby girl.

But before they know it, she would be all grown up and ready for high school, deciding she wants to study abroad. ZiTao might be hesitant at first but SuHo would be the one to convince him saying

 “It’s what she wants…and she has to grow up.” Tao knows he would cry when he sees her plane disappear on the distance. Leaving the married couple alone once again. But it wouldn’t be a problem, because they know each other so well they won’t take it as a burden.

Their daughter would call every week, letting them know how she’s doing. And maybe, Tao doesn’t know yet, she might mention a boy she is seeing and she might bring him over for Christmas.

This time, SuHo might be the one to be hesitant but Tao would laugh it off and agree to his daughter’s request.

Christmas would roll over sooner than before and-

The sound of the train reaching the station woke ZiTao from his trance late enough for him to watch the read head –SuHo- getting on it. And as Tao observed it moving away with the love of his planned life, he couldn’t fight back the tears that were now falling from his eyes.