Red Rose

Red Rose

 

Shades of grey painted the sky, casting dark shadows on the land. The voices, as soft as the thunder rolling in the distance, echoed in her head and got louder. The thunder was now here, storming, raging, screaming. Her head started hurting. 
 
Her vision blurred slowly and her eyes stung as the heat came in a rush. The first drop of rain landed on her outstretched palm. She smiled, a sad smile, as it started drizzling. The tears cascaded down her cheeks, successfully disguising itself in the rain. 
 
She looked down, the red rose in her hand seemingly bending over in an attempt to take shelter from the now pouring rain. She cried freely now, choking on her own sobs. One hand made its way up to , covering it, trying to muffle the pained cries, as the other swung over her shoulder and back to her side. The red rose was no longer in her hand. 
 
She trembled as the raindrops hit her – almost violently now. Her eyes were glued to the lone splash of red on the otherwise dreary surroundings. 
 
She didn't know how long she stood there, shivering in the rain, tears falling uncontrollably, watching as the rose was being brutally hit by the oncoming bullets of rain. 
 
"Fany-ah!" The voice came from a distance behind her, snapping her out of her thoughts. She turned her head, immediately spotting the little girl nearly hidden by the huge purple umbrella she was holding. 
 
"Taetae…" She whimpered as the umbrella finally made its way above her head, shielding her from the cold wetness. She bit her lip, willing herself to stop crying as she felt the shorter girl place an arm around her waist, guiding her back to the house. 
 
Layers of warmth surrounded her as Taeyeon wrapped her up with all the towels and blankets she could find in the house. She felt a hand brush against her forehead, sweeping her wet bangs to the side. 
 
She felt Taeyeon snake her arms around her, wrapping her in a tight embrace, before pressing her lips onto her forehead. 
 
The rain was still heavy, and the thunder and lightning persisted, but the little tree had now bent over, shielding the rose from the rain. A small smile graced her lips. 
 
"Thank you, Taetae." She whispered, kissing Taeyeon's cheek, before burying her face in the crook of Taeyeon's neck, inhaling the faint scent of the sweet perfume as she closed her eyes, allowing herself to finally fall. 
 
-----
[A/N] Haven't been writing as often nowadays no thanks to school work. Hope the oneshot wasn't too messy… I'm not exactly sure if its even understandable haha. Anyways, happy CNY to those who celebrate it! n_nv