Chapter 7

The Seven Paths of Infinite

I couldn't resist.

Enjoy :)

 

 

L ran down the hall calling out for Sungyeol. “YAH! LEE SUNGYEOL! EVERYONE ON THE SET IS WAITING FOR YOU!” L had a stitch in his side and his head was spinning nauseously; he did not have time for Sungyeol’s games. He turned around a corner sharply and flew right into Sungyeol, who looked as though he had been running as well. Both boys flew into the air and landed in a heap of tangled arms and legs, panting heavily.

“Aish, nice going choding. You could have just answered me instead of running to me.” L untangled himself from Sungyeol’s long limbs and stood up, offering his hyung a hand. “Hurry up, we have to go back.”

Sungyeol took L’s hand as he hoisted himself up. “Thanks Myungsoo. I just…I got lost on my way from the bathroom.” He looked away, not meeting L’s eyes.

“It’s okay, I know the way. Let’s hurry and get back so they can continue filming.” L smiled gently at Sungyeol and began to lead him down the dark hallway. Even though he looked calm on the outside, on the inside he was going up in flames as his head kept replaying the moment when Sungyeol’s lips had crashed onto Sungjong’s. He didn’t even know why he kept thinking of that moment. It’s not as though he had felt anything…he just didn’t like the idea of his friends getting that close. Yes, that’s right, L thought to himself. He just didn’t feel comfortable with what had happened.

Both boys got back and filming promptly resumed. Kevin and Kiseop had already gone for the couple round, but hadn’t been able to beat Sungyeol and Sungjong’s record, which was no surprise. Hoya and Dongwoo went against Dongho and Kiseop for the dancing category, then Hoon and Woohyun competed for vocals, next Eli and AJ went against Hoya and Dongwoo for rapping and finally L went against Kevin for the “most charming face” category – which of course resulted in a tie. In fact, the whole competition was at a tie at this point – neither band was in the lead.

“Okay guys, the PD had added one last category to the game. Filming will be over after we finish this last one up since both you guys and U-Kiss have to go to other activities.” Infinite’s manager Jungryoul explained to them. “We have a five-minute break right now, but I overheard that they might be doing best chocolate abs as the last category.”

Six pairs of eyes swiveled to Woohyun as the manager walked away. “Woohyun. You’re our last hope. Our dorm is in such dire state – we can’t miss this opportunity.”

“You better not lose this one, Namstar!”

“You still have abs, right?”

“Get the stylist to draw some in if you lost them!”

“Yah, isn’t that cheating? Eh, it’s okay.”

“Hyung, we have faith in you.”

“Hurry, go do some quick warm ups!” Sunggyu pushed Woohyun down the hall.

Woohyun laughed as s’ comments echoed in his head as he made his way down the dark hallway to Infinite’s dressing room. He could probably do a few sit ups in the dressing room – only the stylists and cordi-noonas would be there. He opened the door and let himself in quietly.

“Woohyun-ssi!” Minji looked up at the doorway in horror. She had been sitting in a small fold-up chair, reading a thick textbook, and had papers spread all around her. None of the other stylists or cordi-noonas were there – the room was deserted except for Minji.

“Woah. Minji. Did not expect to see you here. Well, actually I did – you know, because you’re a stylist – but I mean, I thought you would be here earlier. But you weren’t. But you’re here now. So…why are you here?” Woohyun was blabbering like a fool, and he knew it. He was ranting because he was thrown completely off guard by her appearance.

The last time he had seen her, she had been wearing several layers of clothing to hide her face and body, which had led him to believe that she lacked in appearance. Now that Minji had donned a normal attire, Woohyun couldn’t take his eyes off of her. In fact, she had one of the prettiest faces Woohyun had ever seen – a heart shaped face with glistening, coffee brown eyes, a nose that any girl group idol would kill for, and baby pink lips that looked as though they had never uttered a bad word.

“You could have knocked!” Minji ran across the room and rummaged through a duffel bag, pulling out an enormous wool scarf and an oversized, floppy hat. She tried to hide herself as she threw on her scarf and hat, but Woohyun sprinted across that room and grabbed her wrists.

“Stop. Wait, no – don’t do that!” He took off her scarf and threw it down as she struggled to put on a coat that was three sizes too large for her. “Why are you wearing these things? Minji, hajima!” Woohyun grabbed her floppy hat and pulled off her coat. He threw all of them onto a high shelf.

“No!” She cried in despair. “Give me my stuff back, Woohyun-ssi. What does it matter to you anyway?” She stood on tiptoe, trying to reach the clothes that Woohyun had thrown on the shelf.

“Minji.”

“Please! I’m not hurting you in any way! Please, just give me my stuff back.” By now Minji was breathing heavily; pink blotches appeared on her milky white skin. She pulled up a stepstool to reach her clothes. After realizing she still couldn’t reach them, Minji tried jumping on the stool.

“Minji. Listen to me.”

“Hurry up and get my stuff down. I’ll do anything – just please, hurry, before anyone else comes in!” Minji jumped even higher on the stool.

“Minji! Just, listen to me for a minute.”

“Woohyun-ssi!” I’m begging you!” Before Woohyun could say anything, the stool slipped from under Minji’s feet when one of her jumps went awry; she would have crashed to the ground if Woohyun hadn’t caught her mid-fall. He slammed against the wall on impact of catching her.

Both of them froze for a moment, realizing that they were extremely close to each other. Woohyun had his arms wrapped around Minji’s waist, and she had her arms locked tightly around his neck. Both of them shut their eyes in surprise, and neither one was brave enough to open their eyes. Woohyun became aware of how tightly Minji was pressed to his body, and he gulped. Why weren’t they moving? Why were they frozen in place? Minji felt her heart thrash around in her ribcage. She inhaled softly. She could smell his cologne. Just before either of them could break apart, there was a small clink.

And the door opened.