Chapter 10

The Seven Paths of Infinite

Hey guys. This update came fast because I had already written a lot of it out with the previous chapter, but it got too long to put with it. I also realized that I'm kind of making Sunggyu the lead of this fic....I'll try to fix that.

Yay to my new subbies ~ join the family of awesomeness :)

Ok, here it comes.

OMFG THEIR COMEBACK asdfghjkl. IT'S FRIGGIN AMAZING. I think INFINITE pulled off cutesy perfectly without being gross :) And I practically went crazy waiting for their live hangout...and listening to that stupid cheesy elevator music. Which is apparently part of their new album -_- But it's okay because their comeback was AMAZING and we can all tell that the boys have been working hard. Feel free to leave a comment about what you think XD

 

 

 

L was sprawled across the couch in Infinite’s dorm all alone, eyes shut in exhaustion. The other members and managers were out since they had some free time (they probably went to drink), and Sunggyu had left after mentioning that he had to meet up with someone. Dongwoo would have stayed behind with L, but Hoya had pulled him along. L had stubbornly insisted to the other members and managers that he wanted to stay home, so they had let him be.

Now L was regretting it – the last thing he needed was to be left alone with his own mind. Pretty soon after L had been dwelling in his own thoughts for too long, his ears started playing tricks on him. He heard giggling and laughter outside the dorm, along with a weird clicking noise, like a metal spoon being hit repeatedly on a counter. It didn’t help that it was windy as hell tonight, and the trees outside violently thrashed about under a cloudy, black sky. Aish…why would the manager hyungs and members go out in this kind of weather?

L shifted on the sofa to ignore his rumbling stomach. He gazed outside the large windows facing the couch and tried to escape from his own mind, but to no avail. Every time he closed his eyes, the nightmares came back even more vividly. Or rather, the nightmare. Weird, distorted faces, unknown places, an undecipherable, garbled language, and events that had taken place in real life. L could make no sense of the nightmare that haunted him endlessly in his sleep and in his wake.

The clicking sound became even more pronounced. L sat up and tilted his head – the sound seemed to be real and not a figment of his imagination. L got up from the couch, grabbed an apple off of the kitchen counter and took a bite. He cautiously made his way to the front of the dorm and stopped outside the front door, craning his neck to peek through the looking hole to see who had come as such a time – it was nearly midnight.

The hallway was very dark, but L saw the faint black outlines of what seemed to be…young girls? He stepped back, confused, and took another bite of his apple, chewing slowly and swallowing. L decided to check if this was real or if he was seeing things. Something told him not to open the door, so he called out without opening it.

“Nuguseyo?” He called softly.

“OMO! MYUNGSOO OPPA! Yah, girls, our Myungsoo oppa woke up! How was your sleep oppa? Is the apple tasty?” It was definitely a girl’s voice, shrill and loud. It took L a second to register what she had said since his brain was so sluggish from overanalyzing his nightmare. How did she know I was sleeping? L looked down at the apple in his hand. Wait…how did she know…? Something was wrong. Very wrong.

He sprinted to the living room and made his way to the couch he had been resting on. L’s heart pounded as his eyes searched the dorm’s interior. A sudden thought hit him. L walked to the large windows facing the couch, and peered outside. About twenty feet away, attached to a swaying tree branch, there was a small silver object. L could just barely make it out and would have missed it had it not been emitting a red, blinking light every few seconds. A camera. L’s heart froze, but his fingers moved quickly to close the curtains.

He went back to the door. “You girls should go back home. It’s going to rain soon.” He called out, trying not to let his voice shake.

In response, one of the girls called back to him. “Myungsoo oppa, why don’t you let us in. Let’s have fun and play some games. We can lend you our bodies if you want us to. We will do everything you want – we know everything about you, so you won’t get bored.”

“Yeah!” Another girl piped up. “We’ve been following you for years, tracking your every move. We love you so much oppa; we’ve carved your name onto out bodies with knives. Many times.”

The third girl spoke quietly, her voice low but excited. “We brought some knives with us here so that we can carve our names onto your body too. Since we’re your biggest fans. Oh, and don’t worry oppa, we’re trying to break the lock so that we can come in. We know that you’re trapped in there.”

L recalled the clicking he had heard earlier. “Oppa, we love you!” The girls chorused.

L gulped. These aren’t just any girls…they’re sasaeng fans. .

And they’re trying to break into the dorm. Double .

L whipped out his phone, going through his contacts. There was one hyung he could go to no matter what happened.

 

 

Sunggyu scrolled down his phone.

 

Appa/Umma

CEO-nim

Dino-woo

Geonam Hyung

Howan-pabo

Hyoan Hyung

Jungryoul Hyung

Myungsoo-wang (prince)

Sung-Jongie

Sung-Yeolie

Woohyunie

Youngjun Manager

 

He couldn’t bring himself to tell any of his managers. Or his parents. And now that he thought about it…he didn’t think he could tell any of the members either. He put down his phone in resignation and was about to get out of the stall when he felt his phone buzz in his hand. A text message.

 

Hyung, help me. Chebal.               - Myungsoo-wang

 

Sunggyu nearly sprained his fingers from texting so fast.

 

What happened? Tell me, ppali!                                                                                                                 - Sunggyu

Aish, hyung. There are these weird scary girls outside our dorm.                                           - Myungsoo-wang

-_- Yah, how is that scary? Tell them to go before you call our managers.                                        - Sunggyu

Hyung…I won’t be able to reach them. They’re probably drunk by now.                             - Myungsoo-wang

Aish. Just wait for the girls to go back home. You’re making a big deal out of nothing.                  - Sunggyu

They have knives. They’re trying to break in. I think they’re sasaeng fans.                         - Myungsoo-wang

 

L didn’t get a text back, but he knew why. Sunggyu hyung was probably running back to the dorm. L felt guilty – he had probably interrupted Sunggyu’s meeting, but he was glad that someone was coming to help him. He sent one last text.

 

Don’t come through the front door. That’s where they’re standing.         - Myungsoo-wang