Chapter 03

He said his name was Lay

[A/N: Credits to Beautiful_Disaster from  Beautiful_Disaster Graphics Studio for the poster] 


Chapter 03; Leila

Leila

It's only been a few weeks since I met Exo, but I'm pretty sure you know how they are already. They're a group of abnormal boys.  Kris has an obsession with BB cream whereas Xiu Min likes baozis. Chen's a really funny troll and I think Luhan's prettier then me. Tao likes the beach a lot and Lay loves his guitar. 

 

How about me? I think it's time you guys find about about me, Leila Zu. I'm 19 years old and I graduated from the Academy of Performing Arts of Seoul when I was 17. I graduated 2 years early with a full scholarship to one of the top beauty schools in Korea. I studied there for 2 years and graduated with the licenses to be a makeup artist and stylist. Pretty cool right? Many say that I'm talented and have hands made of gold and a mind of a genius, but I just think it's luck that I'm blessed with this ability to do makeup and style so well.

 

All my friends believe that I'm happy. I have my dream job, Exo are now not only my friends but I see them nearly everyday for at least 18 hours or more. I live in Seoul and have nearly everything I want. People who think I'm happy are absolutely wrong. 

 

Just... Wrong.

 

I don't think I'm happy at all, well, I am when I'm with Exo and when I'm with my friends and family. They are the reason why I forget about my past. 

 

My past, about that, it wasn't always rainbows and unicorns, my heart is still broken from my ex boyfriend.

 

I've had a bitter past. My first boyfriend of two years decided to call it quits. He was a player. He hung around with girls behind my back without me knowing. He literally told me, "Leila, we need to call it quits. Don't...ask why. I feel bad ya know? I've been seeing girls behind your back since...since we started. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I thought I loved you, I think I did, but there are girls out there that are just, more amazing then you. I'm pretty sure there's some guy out there who's your other half. But this, isn't working out. Goodbye Leila.

 

I was stupid, I was just so in love with him. I never thought about the day that this would happen. Yet it did. That was when I was 16, what was that he was in the same school as me. I couldn't bare seeing him in the hallways, he would have his arms around a girl as we walked past. Whenever we made eye contact, all those memories ran through my head and my heart just shattered. 

 

I decided that I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could, I focused on my studies. I stepped out of my comfort zone and made a video. A tutorial, I posted it online and came back a few weeks later on my free time just to find out I've become an internet sensation. The makeup tutorial reached 50+ million views and received positive feedback. After my 2nd year of high school, I was about to enter my 3rd like a normal high schooler would, but then the beauty school contacted me and told me that I was offered a full scholarship to their school.

 

I was allowed to study there for as long as I needed to. I took that offer as my ticket to get the hell out of my ex boyfriend's presence and to fulfill my dreams of being a makeup artist.

 

My family and friends were skeptical about it, what could a seventeen year old do in the makeup industry? I ignored them and studied there and graduated with all my licenses two years later. Look where am I now! I put BB cream on Kris everyday, ha!

 

Sometimes, I still think to myself; was this the wrong choice? Besides being in the beauty industry, I've always been interested in the music industry. Back in high school, I was in a music club and we projects all the time. I've made a few videos for projects, they were covers of songs. My guitar, my voice and some back ground music; that was all. I loved covering songs and remaking the MVs. 

 

But seriously, did I make the wrong choice? No right? Music is still a hobby whereas beauty was my life. A face was like a canvas to me, I could paint a portrait on it.

 

I was so deep in thought as I strummed the strings on my guitar. I looked up when I heard the doorbell ring, how long as it been ringing? 

I put my guitar down and went to get the door, Chen was there. What was Chen doing at my place?!


Comment ^o^