Hello, It's Me

Hello, It's Me

Hello, it’s me, how are you? It’s really cold these days, right?
The cold is pretty bad these days, so watch out for the cold
I lay down to sleep but I thought of you so much
That I tossed and turned and tears fell again

 

Hey, Sehun. Its been a while. Are you doing well?

The weather's really cold nowadays. I remember when you used to hug me whenever you felt chilly. That was years ago, but it still feels like yesterday.

I don't know why I'm doing this. Why I'm standing here in front of your house hestitating to knock on your door. Its not like our relationship was serious. It was just a highschool fling.

It probably sounds stupid, but I still can't forget you.

 

As I walked, I came to the number 4 exit of the Shincheon Station
When I opened my eyes, I came to the crosswalk in front of your house
The place where you were, the place where we were
Sometimes, if I walk without thinking, I am on my way to meet you
It’s still you, I still love you

 

 

I guess it was just my luck that this would be the moment that you would open your door for the newspaper. You just stared at me, as if not knowing what to do. I just smiled awkwardly and greeted you. Then you smiled brightly.

"Luhan hyung!" you shouted, wrapping your thin arms around my neck.

I doubled back, surprised. Then I smiled, too. You were still the warm, cute Sehun from when you were 17.

 

Dress warmly, lock your doors and be careful when taking the taxi
Don’t just stay home, go out to the movies and be well

 

As you pulled back, I noticed the shadows under your eyes and how much skinner you had gotten. 'Are you okay?' I wanted to ask, but I held my tongue. I didn't want to do anything to ruin this moment.

You kept smiling as you asked, "Why are you here, hyung?"

"Do you not want me here?"

Then you realized that you had sounded rude and tried to correct yourself with the adorable lisp of yours.

"I-I mean, I don't want you here, it was just so sudden!" you explained, going wild with your hand gestures.

I grinned, it was just a joke, yet you had gotten so flustered.

"I know. Don't worry."

You blushed and hit me lightly on my shoulder.

Then you repeated your question, "Why are you here all of the sudden?"

 

Especially today, I suddenly think of you
Especially today, I crazily miss you
So I just threw on some clothes and ran out

 

My eyes grew wide. I couldn't tell him that I always known how to contact you after you moved during highschool, but I hadn't had the courage. No, that would scare him off.

"I was just talking to our old friends and they told me where you were, so I decided to visit our old maknae for once." I lied.

You seemed satisfied and nodded.

"Do you want to come inside? We can chat more in my house." you said, stepping away from the door.

As I was about to accept your invitation, a little boy ran out from inside the house and grabbed your leg.

"Daddy!" he yelled, gripping you tight.

A beautiful young woman followed him out.

"Kyungsoo, don't go anywhere without me!" she reprimanded the boy.

He looked exactly like you. He had your straight nose and pouty lips. But he also had the woman's large doe eyes. It was obvious that he was your son.

"What a handsome little boy, is he your son?" I asked you, trying to mask my sadness.

"Yes. Doesn't he look exactly like his mother?" you said proudly, wrapping your arm around the woman. She smiled.

I nodded as my heart broke in two. Then I flashed a friendly grin and moved away from the door. I could feel my tears collecting. I had to leave.

I tapped your back and you looked curiously at me.

"I have to go. I have a train I need to catch. I'm moving today."

You looked surprised, then you reached into your pocket and wrote something down on the paper you had grabbed. It had your contact information on it.

"Take it. That way we won't lose contact again." you urged me.

I shook my head. Today was the day that I was leaving Korea. That was the reason I had needed to see your face today. It would be the last time I would have the chance to.

"I'm leaving for the States. I got a job transfer there. I don't think I'll be coming back any time soon."

You dropped the paper and your eyes grew wide.

"You're leaving?" you whispered.

I nodded and turned to leave. You grabbed my hand and shoved the fallen paper into it.

"Still, take it. We can email if we have to!"

A tear dripped down my face, but I hid it from your view. I handed the paper back to you.

"I won't be contacting you again." I whispered, facing you.

You saw the tear and gasped.

"Did you still...all this time?" you whispered back.

"Yes."

You looked back at your wife and your son. Then at me.

"Hyung. I'm sorry, but we can still be friends. Please. It was years ago. You can forget about it!" you begged me.

I carefully shook you off and walked away.

Tears poured down my face as I said so that only you could hear, "Goodbye Sehun. I wish you a good life."

As I walked farther away from you, I heard your wife asking you who I was. You answered her with a shaky voice.

"A friend, Sooyoung. One from my past."

 

I look into your dark room and greet you by myself
Hello, it’s me, how are you my love, hello
Hello, it’s me, how are you my love, hello