First Step

A Simple Push Would Do

 

 

 

 

D.O couldn’t take his eyes off her. She looked so angelic from any angle and the way her hands the guitar, it drove him to a cliff. And when she laughs, automatically, his lips formed a slight curve as well. He shook his head and stared softly at his cooling coffee.

 

He had been stalking watching her from afar for a few months already. They first met in such a coincidence—her cleaning up after a busy business day and him just returning home from a very tiring vocal training. His throat was dying for a sip that he vomited suddenly in front of her café. He panicked—never once did he ever throw up just because of a normal lesson. Perhaps, it’s just a cupid work.

 

She helped him slowly into the café and gave him some aspirin. It was nothing but to him—that nothing caused his boring life bloomed into something quite fiery and burning. At that moment, D.O swore—he had finally found his muse. Long story shortened; Do Kyungsoo is lovestruck.

 

Tap! Tap! His head immediately rose to the stage and of course, as he expected, she had her guitar ready and looked at the small audience. Her hands moved into an addictive rhythm and that turned into a small intro. And when she started singing, he had his eyes closed and just fell into her world. Oh how he would like her to call him name with that sweet voice?

 

“Kyungsoo,” Yep, just like that.

 

“Do Kyungsoo…” Her voice is—so alluring and heavenly to him. And she’s calling him now.

 

“Oi babo Kyungsoo—” He frowned. Maybe he heard it wrong. There’s no way his angel would call him like that. “Isn’t she really pretty?” He nodded his head enthusiastically but then again, whose voices are these questioning people? He had his eyes widened at the sight of 5 grinning idiots.

 

“What the—” They waved at him, cooing even. D.O’s face was flushed and his ears reddened at the fact of getting his secret out. He had his hands covering his head. Imagine how startled he was. Chanyeol was the one who laughed the loudest. D.O had to cover the tall creep’s mouth to not let her performance interrupt.

 

And to his disappointment, it ended as soon as that. He didn’t forget to clap his hands though—just supporting her all the way. Only after she left the stage that he glared at the boys. Suho was the first one to speak up. “So, this is what you do every night? Fanboying over—”

 

“I’m impressed Kyungsoo.” Kai cut the leader’s words. He smirked at his roommate and drank a sip of his coffee. “There might be more things that I do not know about you. So how was it, having your heart thumping at the sight of her?” Kai earned himself a small whack in his head. He laughed along with the other members.

 

“Excuse me!” Baekhyun called her. D.O was panicking that his eyes went bigger than they ever were. “What’s her name?” The other vocalist managed to ask before she saw his raised up hand. She slowly made her way to their table. Down there, Baekhyun’s legs were harshly tortured by D.O. “I—you, Kyungsoo—oh hey there!”

 

“What would you like to drink, gentlemen?” She smiled. Sehun couldn’t hold back his giggles that he had to turn around to hide behind Chanyeol. The rapper just smiled at her—like really SMILED. At one point, she might have to call the securities for his eyes were literally creepy. D.O’s head was hung lowly the entire time. That’s how he normally orders his drink anyway—just pointing at the menu without any eye contacts. She thought that maybe he has some social issues—or just extremely shy.

 

“What’s your name?” Kai asked. She was startled with his sudden question. D.O was clearly mad at his friend but he had been curious about it for eons already. He knows she’s being called ‘Joo’ here but that information is not enough for him. The thing with Joo is that she’s not wearing any work uniform so D.O couldn’t really spy on her name too.

 

“I’m Seo Yunjoo.” Yunjoo’s her name. Seo Yunjoo—he had her name repeated over and over. The boys smirked at D.O’s actions.

 

“Well, Yunjoo-ssi,” Suho started. “Our friend here—do you know him?” D.O looked at the leader with a dumbfounded look on his face. How could he ask something so straightforward at her? Something is wrong here—the pace is too much for him to handle. Yunjoo looked at D.O and he looked back. It’s the first time—they’re looking into one another’s eyes after so long.

 

“Yes.” Her answer made him fluttering. She knows him?! Whoa—what kind of a miracle this is? “He’s D.O from idol group EXO-K. You’re all idols too.” He looked at her in awe. She really knows him? After all these time of making her knowing him, she actually knows him first?

 

“Whoa, Kyungsoo hyung—your girl recognizes us!” The older male glared at their maknae. Sehun quickly bowed at him and looked away. Suddenly, Suho got up and went over to Yunjoo’s side. He pulled her until she sat on his earlier seat. The other members stood up immediately and excused themselves.

 

D.O was gaping—he cannot say, even think anything. And really, after the boys weren’t at his sight, only then he looked timidly at her. Yunjoo’s the same too—she only looked down to her hands. The menu had been crippled for millions times already. She looked over to the rest of her co-workers, they were cheering for her too.

 

After being in silence for a couple of minutes, he finally looked up to her. “Hello.”

 

“Hello.” She nodded back. “Um…so…yeah—”

 

“Nice to finally talk to you—um, Yunjoo-ssi.”