Chapter 5

Mirotic

 

@DbSkHatter - I know you love me raerae~ XD It's just when I tease about Changmin that you hate me. And consider that little part with Yunho a fan-service, I had to throw some sort of interesting snippet in there before the action started. And I have no regret in admitting that I am indeed a crazy, crazy nerd as you say. A crazy, crazy nerd who is currently blowing off her Literature study.

 

@rilakumaA - awwww~ thanks! It's great to know that you like it so much, in my mind I think I have done better than this but nevertheless it is always great to get positive reviews. And no I'm not a medical student, haven't got the smarts or interest for that. I borrowed the knowledge from the self-defense I know and good old Wikipedia :)

 

@SMlove - sup you sarcastic person you~ I am FINALLY updating even though I should still be studying so hopefully you like this one. I have to say the sarcasm from Changmin in this could never match the sarcasm and hilarity in your own fics. I admire you for that lol~

 

@rxnkim - pwhahaha~oh you poor thing, did you make sure that you got them back for it? And don't worry, Changmin will make a comeback in all his sarcastic gloriousness approximately one conversation into this chapter. But will she kill them? HMMMMMMMMMM, that remains to be seen >.<

 

@mariam-chu - Wootz!~ another person from Allkpop :D U probably hate me for not updating sooner, I apologize for not being able to quickly feed your new addiction :( But either way it's great to know that you find this so addicting, I hope this update does you justice. :D

 

@withloveCJ - Yay! Another new reader :) Again I apologize for not being around before now to update this for you. Thank you for the compliment I hope that this update is good enough for you, I'll try to be around more often after this. :)

 

@EvilLittleMaknaes - First, I love your username, I seriously do lol~ There are so many evil maknaes in the K-pop biz. Most noticeably the one in this fic XD But wow, what a way to be welcomed to the world of DBSK  *applauds you* Thanks for saying it's good. Who's your friend who introduced you to this? I'll say 'hi' to them in my next reply. 8)

 

Well, *bows 90 degrees* Massive massive apology for not updating this thing since July, I know I promised to my friend that I would update this once I finished my VCD folio (Which took for-bloody-ever) but as soon as that finished I had to organise my Drama solo performance (35% of my overall mark now in the hands of three assessors *biting nails*) and then the amount of revision and practice for my final exams picked up like tenfold. Even now I should be studying for my third-last EVER high-school exam, but honestly, when story writing calls, I kind of answer and drop everything else XD. So I'll get back to studying after. 

So, I hope that this update does justice for you guys, that you don't hate me for leaving it for so very long, I hope that it's up to the same standard as my usual updates but I apologize if it isn't considering my mind is kind of everywhere at the moment. Enjoy it guys! And welcome to the new readers!

 

Micky groaned as he opened his eyes, it took a decent amount of effort to wrench open the eyelids that felt as though they had been weighted down. He only just managed to lift his head from the ground before the world started spinning forcing him to lie down again; he went to exclaim in pain only to find that moving his jaw hurt. He lifted a hand to his head to brush his fringe back and caught a flash of blue out of the corner of his eye. Glancing in the direction of it, he noticed it was attached to him.

It was his sleeve.

The sleeve of his deep blue top.

The sleeve of his deep blue top that he hadn’t been wearing before.

The sleeve of his deep blue top that he hadn’t been wearing before and had no idea how he was wearing it now. Micky lay there on the ground looking at his arm that he held above him, rotating it back and forth almost like he’d never seen it before. Another thought hit him and he quickly sat up, one hand patting his leg. He wasn’t wearing the jeans he’d had on before either: they were replaced as well. Despite being shocked at the fact his clothes had been changed, Micky was more shocked at his surroundings. He was sitting in what seemed to be a modern indoor maze, dimly lit by lights he couldn’t see, the floors and walls made of some smooth…brick? Wood? Metal? He couldn’t be sure. Standing up, Micky stretched his tense muscles, all the while looking around him. It was as though he was in the maze they had explored two nights ago except that it was indoors and towered over him, the high roof giving a claustrophobic feel to the long corridors. Glancing down the corridor in front of him, he noticed another figure lying on the ground way down the end. From where he was standing, Micky found it impossible to see who it was and began jogging toward the motionless figure. As he reached the end of the corridor – which he found to be longer than he imagined – he found himself standing over Junsu. Casting an eye over his friend, Micky noticed that he too had a change of clothes. Junsu’s pants were made of leather like material, matched with a white wife-beater. Micky ‘tsk’ed as he noticed Junsu’s hands.

“I want a pair of gloves…” He lamented as he began gently kicking Junsu in the side. It took quite a few kicks for Junsu to finally come round but when he did Micky took a step back and watched as Junsu discovered his new attire.

“Hey Yoochun…” Junsu muttered.

“Yup?”

“Last night when you swore to me that all the times you’ve seen me with no clothes on was an accident –”

“Hey, whoa.” Micky hurriedly waved his hands in front of him. “I did NOT do this. Do you really think I’d like to use you like a dress-up doll?”

“Junsu! Yoochun!!” A happy voice exclaimed. It was the happy voice that had been noticeably missed for a day.

“Changmin?” Junsu asked as he stood up. “How long have you been here?”

“Sorry, but this outfit didn’t exactly come with a watch, so I couldn’t tell you.” Changmin shrugged.

“It obviously didn’t come with a shirt either.” Said Junsu as he looked at Changmin’s black wide open shirt.

“You’re just jealous.”

“Clearly not long enough.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“You’re still a sarcastic annoyance.”

“So you don’t know who’s done this?” Micky cut in.

“Done what?” Changmin spared him a glance. “Dumped us in this place like rats in a test lab? No idea.”

“Have you seen Jae? Or Yunho?”

“Uhhhhhhh…no.”

“Well,” Micky sighed and started walking. “There’s nothing to do but go look for them.”

“What do you think I’ve been doing for the past goodness knows how long?” Changmin let his hands slap down to his sides. “No, don’t go that way, I just came from there. Come this way and – oh,” Changmin pointed offhandedly at Junsu. “Leather. .”

“Says the guy with his chest exposed to the world.” Junsu grumbled.

“You’ve watched too much Min.” murmured Micky.

“Now, now let’s not be jealous of God’s gifts.” Changmin kept walking, oblivious to the two sets of eyes behind him that rolled in unison.

 

-----

 

It was a time like this he wouldn’t have minded his jacket. Jaejoong rubbed his bare arms as he turned around another corner of this strange maze. He had no idea what time it would be but he felt no tiredness, only a slight pain in his throat and a sense of confusion at not knowing where s were.

And then he saw it.

A flash of red and white.

Without even thinking twice, Jaejoong quickly followed it. His quick footsteps echoed on the ground, and the scuffing of his shoes as he turned a corner matched the sound of his breathing. No matter how fast he ran though he never quite seemed to catch up. A distant giggle was heard as Jaejoong rounded one last corner to almost run headlong into a wall. Stopping short and leaning his hands on his knees to catch his breath Jaejoong wondered if he was going mad.

He couldn’t really be stuck in some sort of unending indoor maze, with no sign of his friends and in a completely different outfit.

Could he?

“Jaejoong…”

His head shot up as he heard a voice. Eun Ra’s voice. But where?

“Jaejoong…”

But why did it sound so sinister?

“Jaejoong…Jaejoong…”

“Jae!”

“Over here…”

He got whiplash as he whipped his head around to where the more familiar and definite voice was to find himself almost face to face with Yunho.

“Jaejoong…”

“Hyung?” Yunho waved his hand in front Jaejoong’s face to grab his attention. “You alright? You seem kind of out of it.”

“Follow me…”

“There.” Jaejoong pointed behind Yunho to where he knew the voice had to be coming from. “Can’t you hear that?”

“Hear what?” Yunho looked cautiously around him.

Follow me…”

“Why?!” Jaejoong shouted to the air.

“Why what?” Yunho stepped forward.

“Ijen jeulgyeo boneunge eotteolkka…”

“What do you mean?!”

“Neo…”

“What?! Wait!”

“Hyung.” Jaejoong flinched as Yunho placed a hand on his shoulder. He clumsily turned around to see Yunho staring at him in a mixture of confusion, worry and…fear?

“I’m…I’m fine. But you –didn’t – you didn’t hear that?” Jaejoong gestured over his shoulder.

“What did you hear?”

“Eun Ra’s voice.”

“Oh.” A muscle in Yunho’s jaw seemed to twitch and it wasn’t a movement that Jaejoong missed. “I see.”

“I’m sorry Yunnie.” Jae shook his head. “I should be thankful to actually see you – which, believe me, I am. I was wondering if I was dreaming…you are real right?”

Yunho looked affronted. “What kind of question is that?”

“Sorry…sorry, just…I don’t know. I’m confused.” Jaejoong ran a hand through his hair still looking at where he heard the voice. “Uhm, do you know where the others are? What about Eun Ra?”

“Why don’t we leave Eun Ra out of this?” A sharp tone entered Yunho’s voice.

“But…we don’t know what happened to her. Where she is or –”

“She did this to us.”

Jaejoong blinked in disbelief before laughing shakily. “What is it with…first Junsu…now you? Really Yunho, it’s not like she’s ever actually done anything to harm you.”

“She has.” Yunho’s hard expression didn’t falter. “Last night. That’s why we’re here. I actually understand Junsu’s suspicion now. You wonder why Changmin went missing, well, here’s your answer. Most likely Micky and Junsu are here too, I personally don’t doubt it anymore. Why? Because she attacked me.”

“That’s hardly possible, she –”

“Don’t tell me what you think,” Yunho took an angered step forward. “Because I’m not interested in hearing it. I’m the leader here, so what I say should go. You should have more faith in us. Just because of some stupid crush you have on her, you don’t want to see any bad in the situation.”

“Is that what you think it is?” Jaejoong stepped forward as well to end up nose to nose with Yunho. He didn’t want to admit that he did indeed have feelings for Eun Ra but he felt that Yunho was taking it out of context. “You think that I don’t want to act responsibly because of a crush? What do you even know? Do you think I’d deny what was going on if it was happening right in front of me? You know maybe if you were a bit older you would properly understand, but you’re younger than me, you have no right to judge me this way.”

“I can judge you any way I want. You should be more concerned about your members rather than some girl you think you have a chance with.” Yunho shoved Jaejoong as he made his last point, enough to make something click in the elder’s head.

“Ahh…jealous?”

The silence was loud as the two usually close friends stood staring one another down.

“You know I would call this fan service, but there are no fans around and I’m pretty sure you guys aren’t kissing.”

Yunho looked away from Jaejoong to see Changmin leaning against the maze wall with Micky and Junsu close behind him.

“No,” He swallowed. “It’s not fan-service. Just a simple misunderstanding.” Like the flick of a switch, the icy tone disappeared and Yunho’s face brightened. “But it’s about time we found you, looks like I’m not the only one to get a wardrobe change.”

Junsu clapped his hands on Changmin’s shoulders giving him a gentle shake. “And you thought you wouldn’t be the only one lacking in the shirt department.”

“No,” Changmin brushed Junsu’s hand off. “I was hoping I would be.”

“Of course you were.” Micky muttered.

“Well it’s not like you’ve got anything to show Mr. Anti-Exercise.” Changmin joked as Micky turned bright red.

“Well…now that we’re all here, maybe we should try and find a way out of here.”

“You try looking in a place I haven’t then and see if you find anything.”

“What do you mean?” Yunho raised an eyebrow.

“I reckon I’ve wandered round this whhoooooooollllleeeee thing.” Changmin moved his arms widely to exaggerate his words. “But feel free to go and check.”

“So we’re stuck here?”

“More or less. Unless someone else is here.”

 

-----

 

He felt apart from the group, and it was an odd feeling to have. His confrontation with Yunho had thrown Jaejoong off-balance. Could he really see through him like that? Did he also have feelings for Eun Ra? But was that really any reason to go off at him like that?

“Jaejoong…”

He raised his head quickly to look at the ceiling; it was almost as though the voice was floating above him.

“Follow me…”

“Why?” Jaejoong almost whispered. “Where are you?”

“Follow…”

“Guys.” Jaejoong made a quick decision and turned to the others, hoping that his face seemed composed. “I reckon we should go this way, there was a…part that I didn’t quite explore…maybe there is an exit this way.”

“I say no,” Yunho interjected. The remaining three looked between the two eldest members confusedly. “In all the movies the exit is normally opposite of where you think it to be. I say we go this way. My word stands. If we want any sort of direction then you’ll hopefully agree that I’m right, if not I plan on going that way anyway. What do you say?” He stared at Jaejoong but it was Changmin who interrupted.

“Okay, I say there’s some MAJOR -blocking going on here…but why?”

“How would you know anything Min, you’re too young to know the ways of the world.” Junsu chimed in.

“Don’t test him; he’ll break out his knowledge that’s as extensive as his collection.” Micky muttered.

“Really? Hm…His collection must INCREDIBLY smaller than I thought.”

“It’s settled.” Yunho said loudly, making them all jump. “We’re going my way, c’mon, the sooner we get out of here the better.”

They set off down the long seemingly never-ending corridors, Yunho walking out the front to calm his anger, with Changmin, Junsu and Micky behind him, with Jaejoong left to bring up the rear still attempting to hear Eun Ra’s voice.

 

-----

 

No matter which direction they went, the maze seemed never-ending, the many chandeliers above their heads gave the maze an eerie glow and cast long shadows on the walls. Micky found himself getting distracted by them every so often and consequently tripped over his feet numerous times, much to the amusement of a giggling Junsu. He stopped giggling as they turned down yet another corridor only to hear the lights above and around them switch off with a sudden resounding click. The entire maze as far as they had been able to see was thrown into complete and utter darkness. Micky attempted to see something, anything and tried to call out to the others before he felt something pull him back. All the breath was gone from his lungs as he felt like he was hurtling backwards along a rollercoaster track. He tried to grab out at a wall but felt only rushing air against his open hand; the temperature was gradually becoming colder and Micky could feel his teeth chattering together. A violent shiver ran down his back as he hit against what felt like glass, his ears still ringing from his unsettling trip. Turning round, Micky pressed his hands against what he landed on; sure enough it was cool to the touch and unyielding when he knocked on it. His breath fogging in front of him, Micky spun around, only to feel his palms connect with another glassy surface. A wave of claustrophobia swept over him as he cautiously stretched his arms out either side of him, only to feel two more walls.

He was trapped in a cage of glass.

 

-----

 

It wasn’t quite the feeling of falling but Junsu still had the disorientating feeling of unstoppably moving. Sound rushed past his ears and yet nothing could be seen around him but darkness. A cold chill bit against his bare arms; the sense of someone pulling on his wrist did not lessen and Junsu shook his arm to be absolutely sure there was no-one there. Then, as suddenly as it had begun, he stopped moving, the pressure on his wrist lessened and with painful clarity he jolted back to reality. Junsu stumbled as his feet hit solid ground and shook his head to pop his ears after the sound had cut off abruptly. Taking in his surroundings, Junsu saw that he was standing in a large dimly lit room with only a small shaft of light coming from an opening in the opposite wall. Cautiously after casting a wary look around him – and noticing that none of the others were with him – Junsu stepped toward the light.

A flash of green stopped him in his tracks. Junsu glanced at the line of green that cut diagonally in front of him from the roof to the ground. Out of curiosity, he stuck the very tip of his shoe into the light only to hear a hissing sound as it burnt through the material. Pulling his boot back quickly, Junsu sidestepped the laser and hurried toward the opening, two more lasers stopped him. He turned and ran to a random point in the room only to have more lasers flash out of nowhere. Eventually he had no place to move unless he wanted to lose a limb.

The lasers had trapped him.

 

-----

 

Changmin felt as though someone had tackled him to the ground except the ground had melted away beneath him as he came close to it. He was tumbling through the darkness in a freefall and a sense of fear enveloped him. He tried to open his eyes but they were soon streaming from the cold rush of air. Dragging his hands up to his face to wipe away the tears, Changmin caught a glimpse of water below him and somehow managed to turn onto his back before he broke through the surface into the freezing water. He involuntarily gasped and only succeeded in swallowing a lungful of water. His lungs burning and with no sense of direction, Changmin kicked out desperately, his long legs enabling him to re-surface quickly, choking and spluttering as he went. Rubbing more water from his eyes and flicking his dripping fringe out of the way he paddled his way to where he could see a slick marble ledge. Holding onto it, he allowed himself a few seconds to catch his breath before attempting to haul himself out. He panicked however as his legs remained stuck in the water; kicking them around, he felt that there wasn’t anything clinging to them and tried once more to pull himself out. Unsure of what to do, Changmin pushed off from the edge and in a rather uncoordinated manoeuvre stuck one leg out of water and then tried to lift an arm, only to find that it was now stuck below the surface. Letting his leg fall back into the water with a loud splash Changmin floated on his back.

There was no point in trying to force the situation if he was trapped.

 

-----

 

Yunho couldn’t help but cry out as he felt himself pulled forward into the darkness. He flung a hand up in front of his face, assuming that he would run into something, but that something never came. He was merely being pulled endlessly forward by some unknown, unseen force that he couldn’t free himself from. The scarf around his neck was cutting into his neck from the force of his freefall and Yunho looped his fingers inside of it to stop himself from choking. He wondered if it was working though as he saw a mass of dull blue coming toward him out of the darkness, a bright light in the centre of it. He felt the force that was pulling him forward suddenly disappear and he was merely stumbling forward into the mass of blue before running into a somewhat squishy wall. Attempting to settle his breath and his dizziness, Yunho took a few steps, realizing that the ground beneath his feet was reminiscent of that in a jumping castle, only not as bouncy and that the walls felt the same.

He was trapped in what appeared to be a mental asylum room.

 

-----

 

Jaejoong knew that something wasn’t right and he felt when the others around him were no longer there. But he had no chance to exclaim as he too was pulled by seemingly nothing and found himself hurtling through unyielding darkness. Just as he left the light behind he saw a figure in red and white floating before him.

It seemed similar to the dress Eun Ra had been wearing the first night he had seen her but it was mostly red as opposed to being mostly white as he recalled.

He dismissed the thought of it being her as he was pulled into the darkness, his fringe whipping his eyes forcefully and his neck feeling as though it was being pulled out of place. Just as he felt as though he was about to break into two pieces he felt himself thrown against something hard, almost as though stones were digging into his back. Before he could register anything else, Jaejoong felt something attaching to both his wrists before being pulled back violently against the wall. Looking around Jaejoong noticed ropes attached to his wrists that were now pulled tight against a wall of rock. Unable to break free, Jaejoong took the opportunity to look down…and regretted it almost immediately. He had no exact idea of how far he was off the ground but it was a decent way down. Jaejoong tilted his head up to the roof, his fringe falling back from his eyes; but his breath caught in his throat as he heard the eerie voice.

 

“Can you hear me?...”

 

Dun~ dun~ dunnnnnnnnn~ Was it a good enough update for you guys? Let me know with your comments, they always help me to improve and they're greatly appreciated. Hopefully I won't leave as long a gap between my updates this time around.

No silent readers, welcome to any new readers and wish me luck for my last few exams!! >.<

Comments, criticism, chocolate, a hot summer and end of school are welcomed.