Final

Minutes until Disaster

 

 

30 Minutes before Disaster (11:50 PM)

 

A certain girl ran through the bus’ doors as fast as her legs would allow. She believed the last possible transportation vehicle would leave her, but as she saw the thoroughly empty bus, she relaxed.

“The driver isn’t even here yet,” she sighed in relief. “I’m not so late.”

A second later, she took a seat in the front and calmed herself down.

 

 

 

25 Minutes before Disaster (11:55 PM)

 

A certain boy dragged his feet through the entrance. Without being completely aware of his surroundings, the man chose the seat opposite of the girl.

 

 

 

Ten Minutes before Disaster (12:05 AM)

 

The two coincidently decided to stare at each other at the exact same moment. Merely following Korean custom, they bowed at each other slightly.

“Is the bus driver going to arrive anytime soon?” she started the conversation.

The boy merely shrugged. “From what I see, I think we’re alone.”

 

 

 

Disaster Strikes (12:15 AM)

 

An ear-piercing scream filled the whole bus.

“Get on the floor, now!” a man immediately shouted after jumping inside the vehicle.

“Don’t make me shoot you!” The gun in his hand was made even more noticeable to the two.

After the alarming statement, the two victims dropped to the ground and tried to lay still.

 

 

 

5 Minutes after Disaster (12:20 AM)

 

Looking forward at the captor would mean instantaneous death.

Looking backwards would require movement, which would also lead to death.

But simply looking sidewards would be subtle and quiet, and so the two of them did just that.

The simple eye-contact and minimal exchange of smiles was absolutely crucial in keeping their sanity and hope intact.

 

 

 

10 Minutes after Disaster (12:30 AM)

 

The captor must be mentally ill.

“My plan worked out. I did it! I’ve have these two in my hands. I’ve have them, I’ve have them!” he started shouting with glee. “Who cares if the police come? They can’t get me! It’s impossible. I’m Kim Jongdae. Did you not hear me? I’m KIM JONGDAE!”

 

 

 

15 Minutes after Disaster (12:35 AM)

 

After the captor’s sudden outburst, the boy had an inclining feeling to look up.

Reason told him to ignore the bothersome instincts, but he disregarded that as he started to open his eyes and lift his head.

Reason told him told him that he was going to be mercilessly shot if he put his chin an inch higher, but he could not stop his predispositon. His full face was visible now.

Reason told him to throw his head back down before the captor spotted his actions.

But the boy did not, for he knew Kim Jongdae personally, and only he could stop him.

 

 

 

20 Minutes after Disaster (12:40 AM)

 

Her head was up now as well as an unsightly commotion had formed inside of the lonesome vehicle.

“Chen, you don’t have to do this.” The boy stood up straight, though he was still completely frightened.

Kim Jongdae stopped shouting as he stared at the boy who had carelessly decided to defy him. 

“Ah! Kevin.” He smiled sinisterly now. “What a coincidence to meet under this situation, no? How was high school? You passed with flying colors again, am I right?” he smirked. “You were always the perfect guy with the perfect grades, Kevin. If I had merely one characteristic of yours, I would not have had to grow up like this.”

The said boy's hands shook almost noticeably. “You don’t have to go this far, Chen. Whatever you’re going through can be fixed. You don’t have to hurt anyone. I can help you, I promise!”

 

 

 

25 Minutes after Disaster (12:45 AM)

 

A tensed silence filled the atmosphere as the victims waited for their captor’s response.

Then suddenly, Chen grabbed a hold of his gun and pointed at the girl sprawled on the floor.

A moment later, he mercilessly loaded it without warning.

 

 

 

30 Minutes after Disaster (12:50 AM)

 

“Don’t, Chen! Drop it! Please!” Kevin cried out. But Jongdae simply ignored his protests.

“What do you want then?” The standing boy asked urgently. “I’ll give you anything! Just don’t pull the trigger. Please, don’t!” But no matter what was pleaded, mercy was still not given.

Jongdae's laugh echoed in to the night. “You two will die down just like how my world did!”

 

 

 

35 Minutes after Disaster (12:55 AM)

 

Instead of screaming, the girl decided to shut her eyes as tightly as she could and submit to her fate properly. It was an action befitting the situation, because Chen cruelly started to pull the trigger. A second could pass and she would be gone from the earth.  

But Kevin would have none of this. He realized then that words were useless; action was the last option.

At the ultimately last millisecond, he ran up to Chen and ruthlessly punched him in the stomach. Everyone’s world slowed down significantly as the gun dropped from the captor’s grasp, and he was forced to gasp for air.

Without further hesitation, Kevin brought out a certain object from his jacket. In the reflection of the moonlight, his pocket knife gleamed even more magnificently than ever.

As Chen recovered from the blow, there was only one remaining action left to do so that both victim's safety could be completely guaranteed:

Kevin slashed the knife right above Chen’s eyebrow, and thick, dark, crimson liquid poured out tremendously from his exposed skin. In a moment, the blood blinded the captor completely.

 

 

 

40 Minutes after Disaster (1:00 AM)

 

Jongdae fell to his knees in pain. The disgusting taste of metal forced itself in to his mouth, and the cut in his forehead stung agonizingly. 

In these moments of semi-consciousness and distraction on Jongdae's part, Kevin and the girl stared at each other for a brief moment, their fear dismissed, their shock forgotten. 

Then, they dashed out of the bus without looking back once.

 

 

 

45 Minutes after Disaster (1:05 AM)

 

With all their might, the two ran as fast as their reserved energy could take them. Kevin told her to hurry since Jongdae might return for them, but the two eventually slowed down after covering several blocks.

“I’m Yunseo,” the girl revealed in between gasps of air. “And you’re Kevin?”

“Kevin Woo,” he replied while sparing her a quick yet sweet smile. “It’s pleasant to meet you under such predictable circumstances.,”

Immediately during their first meeting, both Kevin and Yunseo were forced to confront a life or death situation.

However, they were successful in getting through that, and the rest of their lives, together. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin is an angel.

 

 

 

Hmm, I made Chen the antagonist here... Oh well, he's still my bias in Exo! 

 

 

 

Anyways, thank you so much for reading this!