Chicken and Goat-Legged Teachers

( ↷ camp olympus )

 

Chicken and Goat-Legged Teachers

 

 

Stupid, snobby rich people.

 

Just because they have the money to cover their asses with diamonds doesn't mean that they can shove it into my face and be arrogant about it.

 

Then there's my math teacher who is officially the creepiest teacher ever. And it's just because I hate math.

 

You want to know what happened? Fine. It still won't change anything though.

 

 

 

I was strolling down the hallway, trying to avoid being bumped into by pretty much everyone. Even teachers.

 

Being a daughter of a janitress didn't give me much respect as a student. All I earned were jeers and taunts, not that I minded them. I try not to anyway, but they were as annoying as fleas on a dog, so of course my patience and tolerance wouldn't last long.

 

"Hey Samantha! Come over here!" A random girl waved at me. That's a first. Them needing MY help. I don't really want to deal with them early in the morning, but if it gets them out of my hair.

 

I sighed in defeat and approached her and her friend, glaring slightly. "What do you want?"

 

The blond girl in the middle popped open her can of soda and spilled some on the floor.

 

"Oops. Could you clean that up? I know that you'll do a good job! It runs in the family right?" She sneered. "Make sure the floor is spotless!"

 

That's where I drew the line, and she just crossed it.

 

I took the soda can and poured the rest of its contents onto her head, crushing it afterwards and tossed it at the girl who waved at me earlier.

 

"I may be on a scholarship, but at least that proves that I'm smart enough. Smarter than the lot of you at least."

 

Turning my back on them, I continued to walk towards the end of the hall to find the only classroom that's there.

 

 

 

Today was pretty mellow I suppose, but it still gets in my nerves. Usually we would have verbal fights that would end in secret clinic trips - for them. Not so much for me.

 

I would wring their pretty little necks if I could, so that I won't have to hear about how rich and talented they are. Or mine, whatever works.

 

I just really hate this school. And everyone in it.

 

Except for my mom and my English teacher, Mr. Jefferson.

 

He's a pretty nice guy. A little weird with his obsession with nature and his way of walking, but he's fun in all ways possible. And he bails me out whenever I get in trouble. Plus, he always tells me these cool stories from Greek mythology.

 

Then there's Ms. Martin, who always gets me in trouble even when I had nothing to do with it. And she hates it when people take their time to answer her questions. She threatens us with scissors when she's in a bad mood. Really. In math, of course you would take time! Not all of us are geniuses who can do mental math for every problem, you know.

 

One thing they have in common is that they stalk me. Believe me, I'm telling the truth here.

 

It's not that creepy in my opinion (but it still is) but at random hours and random places, I can always see them hiding behind something.

 

I don't really know what their deal is, and I don't want to know.

 

I'm just glad that today's the last day of the school year and I don't have to deal with all these people for another three months or so.

 

I would be in total bliss right now if it weren't for the fact that Ms. Martin told me to go to her classroom for a little chat.

 

 

Which brings us to the second thing I mentioned earlier.

 

"So Samantha, or if you want Soo Yeon, I'm kind of curious. What are you going to do over the course of the summer? I heard you and your mother are going to move to a relative's house but is that all you're going to do? Stay at home and watch TV? Surely there's got to be more than that," she said.

 

And here I thought she couldn't get anymore weirder. 

 

Before I could answer her though something even creepier than her words happened.

 

A snake burst through her stomach and it came right at me. My instincts kicked right in the moment that I sensed danger and I dodged almost immediately.

 

When I turned to look at Ms. Martin, there was nothing there but air and a melted puddle of - possibly - human skin. I shuddered and gagged just thinking about it.

 

The snake grew longer and bigger and where the tail should be is another snake head. It had wings but they were tiny so it couldn't possibly fl---are those chicken legs?

 

"Too slow! Haven't I taught you to answer someone quickly?!" She One of the heads hissed at me. Well the impatience is still there.

 

What to do? What to do? I've fought people with my bare hands but how am I supposed to take down a snake with chicken legs with no weapons?!

 

I took a step back, it clumsily stepped closer.

 

We continued the small game of cat and mouse until my hit a table. To be precise, Ms. Martin's table. That crazy woman always has at least two pairs of scissors.

 

I never took my eyes off of that thing; my hands wandered around the top of the table and I desperately grabbed the scissors.

 

I let out a strangled battle cry and stabbed at the closest scale I could reach by jumping (which wasn't too high because that damn thing was huge!)

 

Nothing happened. All it did was make the snake thing angrier.

 

Great. It's already bad enough that I'm going to die; now they won't even have a body to bury unless they're willing to take it out of a giant two headed snake's stomach.

 

It bared its fangs and hissed, forked tongue coming out and all.

 

This is it then.

 

The tables twitched, but I already closed my eyes before I could see it.

 

There's even a background music for my death...am I in a movie or something?

 

Wait a second...

 

I opened my eyes to see Mr. Jefferson, smiling as he played a reed pipe. Now in this situation, I would've screamed at him for being stupid and playing an instrument with a giant snake RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM but I was too busy freaking out and gaping like a fish.

 

He looked like a normal, healthy human from the waist up...not so much for the bottom part though.

 

Mr. Jefferson had hooves! He was standing upright on his hooves! And not to mention all that fur...

 

First the chicken legs...and now goat legs?!

 

"M-mr. Jefferson...h-how...wha...ha...hi..." That was all I managed to get out. 

 

"I'll explain later, but right now I need you to cover your ears," he instructed.

 

No matter how ridiculous all this is (come to think of it, I didn't freak out much when adrenaline was doing its job...I wonder why?), I didn't question his motives. Because I know I can trust him to bail me out in this situation.

 

As soon as I covered my ears, a sharp sound echoed throughout the room and the tables and chairs were suddenly floating in the air. They all threw themselves at snake-thing.

 

"Close your eyes, this is going to be a bit gory," I wanted to protest but he already knew I would so he used his one hand to cover my eyes.

 

I frowned at the gesture. He's choosing now to treat me like a little kid?

 

I have to admit, it was disappointing.

 

"Okay, open them now."

 

All that was left was smoke coming out from the floor. The snake was gone, and so is the cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom.

 

I gave him a glare. "Okay, Mr. Jefferson. Start explaining."

 

"All those stories I told you were true. Plus you're a demigod. A child of Zeus to be exact. Your scent was so strong that it attracted a lot of monsters. Do you know how hard it is to keep them all away from you?" He chuckled, like it was just a normal thing to talk about.

 

"..."

 

"I see you're going to need a more convincing story."

 

"Yes. Yes I do. If you add the story of how you killed that snake-thing, maybe I'll believe you." 


 

author's note 

I am sorry to have kept you waiting...but here this is for you Parity! Hope it's at least okay! I wrote this just today. (Hey, that rhymes!)

Click this link if you haven't yet! >> CLICKEU