Sekyung's Story

A Story Of My Own

My life hasn't always been good. I've had problems and I've dealt with heartache. I remember as a child when I first met my foster dad.

 

I was six at the time and I was being adopted from my orphanage. I've been an orphan since I was born. Hyori who was the owner's daughter at the orphanage told me I was left there at the doorsteps one day. I was an infant and she was a ten year old who'd help around the orphanage.

 

…………….......................................................................…….Miss_Red

 

When I was six I was adopted. It made me happy for a moment just thinking that I would finally have the family I always wanted. When I was adopted I had to leave Busan and move to Seoul with my new dad. When we were in Seoul I was able to go to a better elementary school then the one I went to in Busan.

 

That's when I met Jonghyun. He was the nicest person whom I've ever met. I admired him from a far. I liked how he was so outgoing and I wanted to be his friend but he'd only pay attention to Seojin.

 

During middle school I made more friends, and I was really popular. I had even more friends then Seojin. Honestly I regret certain things from middle school like how I'd always compete with Seojin. I'd always try to be better than her but I ended up falling short. She'd come in first for exams, and I'd be second. It irritated me so much.

 

High school was average for me. Well freshman year was. But sophomore year was like I was living in hell. I was , by my neighbor. He told me he wanted help with choosing what color to paint his house. He tied me to a post, and mutilated my arms with the ropes. I was left to die in his house, when they found me in his house strapped to a post he already disappeared from Seoul.  It turns out that there were no documents on his existence; that there was no one by that name.

 

After the traumatic experience I changed into someone who was flashier. I wasn't the only who changed though I saw Jonghyun change in high school. The innocent boy whom I've fallen for became like the rest of the guys; only wanting and being messed up with drugs. But with his change it didn't stop me from agreeing to date him when he asked me. Dating him was the closest thing I've felt to love, it didn't even matter to me that he's messed around with a bunch of other girls. I just want to be loved.

 

After a couple weeks of dating Jonghyun we finally had . It was different from anything I've ever experienced and I was positive that I was inlove with him. But three weeks later we broke up. He started to hang out with the drama club and Seojin, and later dated Seojin. I'm sure she stole Jonghyun away from me, he loved me and she just came along and took him away.

 

When I saw them in the halls happily together I became distraught and made up a plan to break them up. I had set up a party. Jonghyun went and while he was with his friends I planted drugs into his drinks. Once he was consumed with drugs I took him to a room where I had set up cameras to record what we were about to do. The day after the party I sent Seojin videos of Jonghyun and I.

 

The next day at school Seojin broke up with Jonghyun. After giving some space to Jonghyun I pursued him. When he was recovered from his break up with Seojin we had very often. And every time he did, he'd look at ne with such passion in his eyes. I'm positive it was passion. He loved me...I know it.

 

A week before summer break Jonghyun and Key got into a fight. Key was Seojin's current boyfriend and a part of the drama club; it's weird because I've never seen him before. I cheered on Jonghyun as Key landed on the floor. Seojin rushed over to Key's side and I looked over at Jonghyun who clenched his jaw in anger.

 

During summer break I decided to move back to Busan. And now that I graduated high school I could go to the college there.

 

After three years in Busan Hyori told me that I got an invitation to a wedding. When it was the wedding I saw Seojin an Key, as well as Jonghyun. I sat in the same row opposite to where Jonghyun sat. And I saw that every time Seojin would appear his eyes showed an emotion I never saw in his eyes. And when Key and Seojin walked down the isle I saw how his eyes would glisten in sadness. During the entire wedding Jonghyun didn't even notice me, he only paid attention to Seojin...

 

…………………...................................................…………….Miss_Red

 

Today is the day after the wedding and for some reason I feel sad seeing Jonghyun. I should've learned this long ago but I didn't until now; maybe he didn't love me. He didn't love me, and because of my ignorance on how Jonghyun felt about Seojin I ruined his life.

 

Looking throughout the orphanage I saw the young children who reminded me of myself.

 

"Mommy!!"