04

Trapped

 

 
      It was six in the evening and I had night class. Since I live on campus I have to walk to the college. It was chilly, the evening breeze was like needles thrown at my face. I tried hiding the bottom half of my face under my scarf but it didn't help as much.
 
      It was a long walk from my apartment to the college since it was ginormous. The street was dimly lit up by the street lamps and the suns shine. As I was walking the sun was getting ready to set. It was the most beautiful view. 
 
       There I see someone sitting on the bench looking lonely as ever. He looked so familiar, although I could only see his back view. I stood there clutching onto my books trying to get a better view of his face. Seems creepy but something about that guy is pulling my interest. 
 
      "Jaeun?" Someone's soft voice called out my name. I swiftly turned my attention to the person. It was Dujun. From the corner of my eyes, I saw the guy on the bench turn his head too. 
 
      "Dujun? What are you doing here?" I questioned. Why am I seeing him everywhere?
 
      "I go to school here." He gave me a charming smile. That smile, it was a smile that can make anyone melt. I felt as if the chilly night turned into a lovely spring season. 
 
      "Really? That's cool. Well I have to get to class, so I'll see you around sometime!" I smiled and waved at him. I looked back at the bench and saw that the guy left. For some reason I was disappointed. I sighed and continued my walk to class. 
 
  🔹🔷🔹
 
      Because of the small chat I had with Dujun I was late to class. I sneaked my way into class, hoping no one would see me. It's not like the professors care anyway, but I just didn't want to interrupt the class. 
 
      I entered the room to see that class didn't start yet. I let out a breath of relief and walked to the seats. As the professor came in, people hushed and their thinking caps. I scanned the room to see if there were any empty spots. There were a couple but they were either too far from me (like twenty feet away) or the people who sat by the seat were distracting. I didn't want to get yelled at so I took the nearest seat.
 
      I took a small glance at the person who sat next to me. His face was buried in his textbooks. Literally. Class hasn't even started yet and he was already deep into his sleep. I tsk'd at him, turning my attention to the professor.
 
🔹🔷🔹
 
      Class ended around ten PM since it started at six. Four hour classes were the worst, and to think that seven hours a day of learning was terrible. I packed up my books and headed for the door. I noticed that the guy sleeping next to me was the first to leave, but he was just a couple feet away.
 
      "Hey, how do you learn in class if you're always sleeping?" I decided to ask him. He jumped at the sound of my voice. He turned to look at me and he was him. Him.
 
      If I was correct, I'm pretty sure his eyes widen at my presence. He faced forward again, clearing his throat, simply ignoring my question. 
 
      "Hey! You're the guy I bumped into long ago!" I exclaimed. I never knew I'd see him here. It feels like I see him everywhere I go and everything I do always reminds me of him. I was once brushing my teeth at night once and I thought I saw him through my mirror. I looked back cautiously but saw no one's presence. The other times I just thought about him or confuse someone else for him. 
 
      "Oh, and you dyed your hair to brown. It's so beautiful." I muttered. He kept ignoring me. I cursed at him under my breath for being so rude. How can one be so mean? I'm asking him a simple question and he's making me look like a fool by acting like I do not exist. I decided he was not worth my time and went my own way. 
 
      He has a cold personality judging by how he treated me just now. That didn't stop me from being interested in him. For some weird reason he has this vibe that just pulls me in.
 
      The first thing I see when I turn my head to the side was Dujun's smiley self. Seeing him took my mind off of everything. He walked towards me and offered to walk me home. I agreed and we took off to the main entrance. One the way, we talked about the most random things ever. That's a reason why I liked Dujun. He knew how to keep a conversation going. He wasn't those awkward or try hard people. Even though we've only known each other for a short period of time, he made it feel like we've been friends for ever. 
 
🔹🔷🔹
 
      The college life was okay. Some people say it's a fun experience and others say that it . I was slowly getting the hang of how things worked out. I wanted to make my first year memorable even if it isn't fun. 
 
      I was also getting to know Dujun better. We got closer as time went by. It was obvious that I had feelings for him and he gladly returned them, we both knew. No one wanted to confess, I guess we're still shy about it. It's hard to imagine that the crazy an talkative Dujun can become shy to things like this. I found it super adorable. I guess he got some advice from Junhyung and took the chance to ask me out on a date. I said yes, of course. I mean, who wouldn't want to go on a date with him? 
 
      He took me out to see a soccer game. I'm not surprised, he is a soccer maniac. I don't mind at all, he's very attractive when it comes to sitting in the bleachers and fanboying whenever the team he loved scored a goal, and getting angry every time the other team did, and I mean it. You can see the veins in his neck pop out and it's just... hot. 
 
      I don't enjoy soccer as much—or even know anything about it—but Dujun being there made it interesting and I learned some fantabulous things about it too. The date overall was great. I enjoyed every moment of it.
 
     The guy that I bumped into... He's always on my mind no matter what. It feels as if I see him everywhere I go. When we were on our date I swore I saw him near us on the bleachers. Maybe I'm just hallucinating, who knows. 
 
      It also felt as if  Dujun and I weren't the only ones in the date. I felt like someone was always on to us as if we were on camera. It was a creepy feeling, Dujun even felt it too. 
 
      No, we did not shrug off the feeling. He said that if something suspicious happens then we'll report it to the police. I really hope it's just a weird feeling you get but nothing really happens.
 
    🔹🔷🔹
 
      It was late at night when I got out of class. I entered the empty apartment throwing my things on to the couch and heading for the bathroom.
 
      I heard foot steps outside the door as I was washing my face. I looked up to see what was going on and saw nothing. I continued to wash my face and heard it again. I turned off the running water and stepped outside the bathroom to examine what was going on. Could it be Dujun since he knows my apartment code? 
 
      As I got out, I spotted a pair of shoes by the door. I was panicking. Who's shoe? It's not Dujun's, I know that for sure. The shoes by the door were too small for it to be his. 
 
      How could anyone enter my apartment?  No one knows my code except for Dujun. I quickly turned around and bumped into someone. I gasped as the familiar scene replayed in my head. I looked up and chocked when I saw who it was. 
     
     The last thing I remember before knocking out was him putting a white cloth to my mouth and muttering an, "I'm sorry."
 
 
 

chapter preview; 

      It's dark, hot. I'm surrounded by darkness and it's killing me emotionally. I'm tied up onto a chair and my mouth is stuffed with cloth. 

     The door slowly creaked open with blinding white lights coming through. Someone enters the dark room with what looks like a tray in his hands. I was trembling, shaking, going crazy. 

     He kneels down so he matches my height. He looked into my frightened eyes with his gorgeous gleaming eyes. It was captivating. I felt a bead of sweat drop from my forehead as we were having our staring contest. 

     He noticed, and whispered, "Stop tempting me."

 


-author's note; finally updated, sorry to keep you guys waiting >< long chapter from me ehehe. Guess who the person is?(: 

please comment and/or subscribe ~ 

love you all so much ❤