A Perfect Smile

A Smile Like a Drug

 

One of the things she loved most about him was his smile.
 
Joonmyun's smile crinkled the edges of his eyes and turned them into bright crescents. His cheekbones stood out ever-so-slight as the corners of his lips stretched up, curling lightly at the sides. When he smiled, his eyes twinkled and shone, giving a glowing attention to only the person to whom the smile was directed at. It was its own spotlight - bright, shining, and focused. 
 
 
Joonmyun's smile was contagious. When he smiled, someone else would smile. All they needed was the sight of his smile.
 
And even in the worst of moments, his smile would catch on to her. No matter what she felt, how close she was to cracking, she would always smile if he smiled. It was simply impossible to resist. 
 
No matter how hard she would try to fight it sometimes, she would always end up smiling. Simply because of Joonmyun's smile.
 
 
Joonmyun's smile had its own words.
 
Everything she needed in one moment, everything they were thinking - he could say it all. 
 
His smile was reassuring, She could always depend on his smile to tell her that things would be okay, that she would live, and that he would live alongside her. 
 
His smile told her what she needed to know. Jokes, truths, lies, excuses, what she needed to do, what she needed to fix, what she had done well, what he was thinking. 
 
It told her everything.
 
 
His smile was intoxicating. It put her on a cloud and in that moment, she would forget everything else. Her cheeks would turn a rosy color and her mind would empty of all other thoughts. His smile was an addiction that she couldn't bear to be apart from. 
 
 
His smile was perfect. 
 
His smile was hers.
 
His smile was his way of telling her he loved her.