Prompt 5

Banglo Writing Fest

Prompt 5: Scotty

 

Object/Word Prompts: Don't worry. I got your back.

Place: wherever the author chooses

Action: The story starts off with Zelo being adopted by a wonderful, loving woman who has adopted five other boys through the various years. Those boys are of course the rest of B.A.P. She adopted Himchan first, Daehyun and Youngjae came together, and then Yongguk, and a few months later she took in Jongup. They all have their own problems and quirks that they try to deal with. Yongguk's quirk is that he doesn't like to be touched. At all. He and Himchan have gotten into fist fights over it because Himchan can be very touchy. When Zelo first comes home he is really shy and everyone finds out rather quickly that he doesn't talk. At all. He also has nightmares where he wakes himself up screaming and crying. It takes a bit of time but Yongguk and Zelo click especially after Yongguk protects Zelo in some incident (The writer can figure out whatever incident that could be although I would like Zelo to grab a hold of Yongguk's shirt to reassure himself in that incident) After that incident Zelo starts crawling into bed with Yongguk every time he wakes up from his nightmares. He tries to respect Yongguk's wish in not being touched by always making sure there is a blanket between him and Yongguk until Yongguk tells him that he doesn't mind so much being touched by Zelo while they sleep. Life goes on and by this time they have all gotten older and some of them have left the home when the unthinkable happens their adoptive mother is murdered and they all come back together to try and find out who killed her. Yongguk ends up being shot and its up to Zelo to save him this time around.

Dislikes: sad endings

Other Notes: The idea for this story is loosely based off of the movie Four Brothers. But its fine if you've never seen it. I would like a happy ending with no one dying (unlike the movie!!) I would also like some angst in this story. You don't have to do a elaborate back story on all the brothers if you don't want to but some hints of what happened to them before they were adopted would be nice. I don't care what quirks the rest of the boys have. The author can think things of up for them. The rating could be mature. I would like it if the story could show how protective and kind Yongguk is to Zelo and how much Zelo adores him. Um. Yeah! :)

 

 

Author: Nainah            **Everyone, please remember to let the author know what you think, okay? Just click the link and leave a comment ^^

**This is the first chapter. The author will be posting more on their own account so be sure to check it out there :)

 

 

He ran.

 

Pushing his legs to propel him forward, unrestrained as he tried to ignore the burning pain in his legs and focused on keeping his heart rate beating at a bearable pace. Junhong didn’t look back. He didn’t need to, didn’t want to. The sight of his pursuers would undoubtedly throw him off and he was sure to be caught.

 

That couldn’t happen.

 

It was only when he had turned a corner and into a supermarket parking lot did he finally allow himself to look back. He couldn’t see anyone but he didn’t let that stop him. He knew they had seen him come this way and he knew that they couldn’t be far behind. With renewed vigour he forced his heavy limbs to move. To carry him just a little bit further.

 

He was so focused on keeping himself moving that he failed to notice the group of three that had stopped next to their car. Before he could stop himself he had crashed right into the smallest of the three, knocking them both down and sending the bag he was carrying to the ground.

 

He ignored the string of apologies the blond boy stuttered out and quickly picked himself up from the ground. He didn’t have the time to stop and apologise he needed to get as far away as he possibly could, as fast as he possibly could.

 

He would have already been on his way if it wasn’t for the second boy that had stepped directly in his path. “Why are you apologising Youngjae? He’s the one that knocked you over,” he said, giving Junhong a pointed look.  “Apologise,” he practically ordered and Junhong couldn’t stop himself from taking a step back, intimidated by the fierce aura the stranger emitted.

 

He was about to mumble out a quick apology when a third voice spoke up, “Daehyun-ah, it was just an accident,” an older woman with a warm smile and bright eyes reasoned, “Can’t you see, the poor boy’s scared out of his wits!” She gestured to the tense boy in front of her and as if to prove her point, a group of five men rounded the corner causing Junhong to panic and try to move around the three blocking his path.

 

The woman seemed to catch on fast, quickly putting one and one together she grabbed a hold of Junhong’s arm and guided him to her car, opening the door and pushing him in with gentle force. She closed the door just as one of the men- a bulking mass of muscle, tattoos and scars- sauntered over to them, an arrogant bounce in his step.

 

Junhong clenched his eyes shut. Hoping, praying that he didn’t look through the window. Please, please, please don’t look through the window.

 

“Pardon me, ma’am,” the tattooed man spoke in mock politeness, “but my younger brother ran this way not long ago, and I was wondering if you’d seen which way he went?” he asked, sizing the three up and quickly labeling Youngjae as the weakest. He stared right into the blond’s eyes, feeling a smug sort of satisfaction at the way the blond teen shifted to hide behind his taller companion.

 

Undeterred by his rough image, the older woman spoke up. “That pink haired boy?” she confirmed, annoyance lacing her voice. “Yes he ran by not long ago, knocked my shopping right out of my hands!” She gestured to the fallen bag and its contents strewn haphazardly at their feet. “You should honestly discipline that boy more, he didn’t even apologise before he ran off that way,” she pointed in the direction Junhong would have gone had he not bumped into Youngjae.

 

“Oh don’t worry; once he gets back home he’ll get the punishment of a lifetime.” Junhong gulped, knowing exactly what the man meant. He knew he had taken a huge risk by running away and right now he was visibly shaking at the thought of getting caught. Only when he saw the man walk back to his group did he allow himself to relax slightly.

 

Once they were out of sight the woman made her way to the car and opened the door to see a trembling Junhong curled up in the back seat. Reaching out a gentle hand she held on to his wrist and helped him out of the car. “Oh sweetheart, are you okay?” she asked, even though she knew he was anything but. “Do you want me to take you home?”

 

Junhong shook his head. No. He didn’t have a home to go to. Biting his lip, his face flushed in shame and embarrassment. He suddenly felt so inferior

"W-why don't you want to go home?" the boy he had knocked over- Youngjae asked. His voice quiet, "I'm sure you parents must be really worried." 

That statement only added to his shame. He didn’t have parents. He was scum. Dirty. Broken. He didn't have a home or a family. He didn't have anyone. He was alone, unlike the three standing before him.

He could feel the all too traitorous tears well up and he fought to keep them at bay.




The woman- whom he was quickly told to call Ms Kim- seemed to have a knack for finding lost souls. 

She already had 5 adopted sons and as soon as she had caught wind of his adversity to anything suggesting he go 'home' to his 'family' she had convinced him to go with her and meet her sons. At first Junhong was reluctant to agree. He didn't know her, he didn't know her sons and did not want to end up floating face down in a river. 

But when he thought about all of his options-which weren’t much mind you- he realised that he didn't really have much going for him. It was either the streets or Ms Kim, and if he was being honest with himself, truly honest with himself he had to admit that nothing could be worse than where he had come from. 

 

But still he knew he wouldn’t feel comfortable in a house full of strangers so he promised himself that he would only stay for one night. Just until he could figure out what he was going to do.

And that’s how he found himself sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of hot chocolate in his hands. 

Upon entering Daehyun had pulled Youngjae away and the two had disappeared to somewhere in the house. Junhong had helped Ms Kim bring the bags into the kitchen and it was there he had been introduced to a raven haired boy called Himchan.

Right now Himchan was sitting opposite him, sipping happily on his own cup of chocolate.

"So..." Himchan finally spoke up, breaking the silence they had not-so-comfortably been sitting in for the past few minutes. "What’s your name? Or do you want me to just call you pinkie?" Himchan laughed, attempting to lighten the mood but he soon stopped when he realized that the pink haired boy was not laughing with him. Junhong remained unresponsive, not once lifting his gaze from his hot chocolate. 

Himchan coughed awkwardly, twisting his almost empty mug on the table top and praying for Ms Kim to come back from the phone call she had left to take. 

His prayers were soon answered when Ms Kim came back into the kitchen, tossing the two boys at the table a bright smile. "Yongguk and Jongup just finished at the gym, I'm going to go pick them up," she spoke mainly to Himchan, seeing as Junhong didn't know who 'Yongguk and Jongup' were, although he was pretty sure they were the last two sons he had yet to meet.  

 

 


 

Half an hour later Junhong was still seated in the same seat he was in before but his mostly untouched hot chocolate had been cleared away and instead of just Himchan sitting with him he was surrounded by people. To his left sat Ms Kim, at his right was Himchan (who had pretty much suffocated the brunette- Jongup- the second he had come in through the front door) and said brunette was sitting next to Himchan, happily soaking up the attention the raven haired man was giving to him.

 

Daehyun and Youngjae (whom Junhong was sure were joined at the hip) sat next to them. Daehyun trying to coax the younger boy to eat the blueberries he had placed in front of him.

 

And then finally there was Yongguk. Despite the fact that he was sitting at the table surrounded by his brothers he still looked alone. Separate from the others. Junhong didn’t know why, but he found himself intrigued. Intrigued by the man that seemed so isolated despite the fact that he was surrounded by people, his brothers. His mother.

 

So why did he still seem so cold.

 

“Okay.” Ms Kim cleared , bringing everyone’s attention to her. “As you can see, we have a guest and I expect you all to treat him warmly.” She gestured to Junhong who flushed at the sudden attention. “Why don’t you introduce yourself dear?” Ms Kim prodded gently.

 

Junhong looked up at her, trying to find his voice. Come on, He thought; Just say your name, it’s not hard Junhong!

 

The pink haired boy opened his mouth to speak, He wasn’t used to introducing himself, he’s never had to before. Where he had come from… didn’t exactly present him with the chance to meet people who actually cared enough to know his name and he couldn’t even remember the last time he had held a conversation.

 

“Come on sweetheart, you just have to tell us your name, nothing else.” Ms Kim’s gentle smile was enough to comfort him and he found himself relaxing almost instantly.

 

“Junhong…” he whispered finally, his voice barely audible but he was sure Ms Kim had heard him.

 

“Well Junhong,” Ms Kim smiled brightly, “it’s absolutely lovely to have you here and I hope you’re comfortable.” Junhong nodded not saying anything. He didn’t really need to be comfortable; he was planning on leaving the next day after all.

 

“So you picked up another charity case,” Yongguk spoke for the first time, his voice deep and profound. “When are you planning on stopping? Once you have every homeless kid on the street in your house?”  Junhong cringed at the harsh tone.

 

“Are you forgetting that you were just ‘another charity case too?” Himchan spoke up and Junhong was grateful for his defense, 

 

“Stop acting so high and mighty Yongguk. You were trash just like the rest of us!”

 

“Don’t ing talk to me Himchan. What do you know about being trash? You’ve spent your whole life here,” Yongguk shouted back. “Do you even remember what it was like at your orphanage, princess?”

 

It was obvious that Himchan had more to say but it was at this moment that Ms Kim decided to intervene. Junhong was more than thankful as he was rapidly feeling smaller and smaller. Who was he to impose on this family? He hadn’t even spoken three words before his presence was causing problems.

 

“Boys!” Ms Kim shouted her normal calm and comforting personality gone, replaced by that of a stern mother.  “None of this is important. Junhong is here now and all that matters is that we make him feel as comfortable as possible!”

 

Junhong was sure Ms Kim’s words did nothing but anger Yongguk more, judging by the way his jaw tensed but thankfully he decided that carrying on the argument was more trouble than what it was worth. Begrudgingly he settled back into his seat but not before tossing a patronizing smirk Himchan’s way.

 

Junhong expected Himchan to leap out of his chair and start throwing fists and it seemed like he wasn’t the only one who thought so. Jongup held onto Himchan’s arm, pleading with him to settle down. “Hyung please,” he begged, and Himchan visibly deflated, calming down instantly at Jongup’s request.

 

The atmosphere was tense for a few moments later, no one really knowing what to say. And with every second that passed, Junhong was regretting his decision to come.

 

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity the silence was broken by the timid voice of Youngjae. The shy boy was obviously nervous about speaking up in such a tense atmosphere. “W-where will Junhong be sleeping?”

 

“Ah yes!” Ms Kim smiled, as if she just remembered that Junhong needed somewhere to sleep, “Junhong will be sharing a room with Yongg-“

 

“What!” Yongguk exclaimed, not happy with the news at all.

 

“Yes, Junhong will be sharing with you since you’re the only one not already sharing,” Ms Kim explained calmly. “Now stop being childish Yongguk. You’re the oldest so start acting like it.” Himchan snorted, clearly amused by the entire situation. Yongguk glared at him but the raven haired male was unfazed.

 

“I’ll sleep on the couch,” Yongguk muttered before leaving the room. Junhong flinched when he heard the front door open and slam shut.

 

Junhong bit his lip, feeling guilty for causing Yongguk so many problems. First he had caused him to argue with his brother, then got him scolded by his mother and had also driven him out of his own room.

 

It seemed his decision to stay for one night was a mistake.

 

 


 

Junhong sat in his corner of their run down, one room apartment. His mother stood at the open window smoking a cigarette. She hadn’t spoken a word to him ever since she came back after a day of ‘work’, but Junhong was happy. At least she was home.

 

Junhong didn’t know what exactly his mother did for a living, but that was understandable, seeing that not many twelve year olds knew what ion was.

 

His mother was on her third cigarette when there was a loud banging on the door.

 

The rest was a blur to Junhong. He had sat in his corner, with his hands over his ears and his eyes squeezed shut. But he could still hear them, could still hear the men shouting, his mother screaming and then finally nothing.

 

Silence.

 

Junhong didn’t open his eyes until he felt someone lift his chin. He looked into the cold eyes of his mother’s killer and choked when he breathed out a puff of smoke right into his face.

 

The man tutted, twisting Junhong’s face left and right, examining it with almost sad eyes. “She didn’t tell me she had such a precious son, if she had just handed you over her debts would have been paid ten times over."

 

The man stood up from where he was squatting down in front of the trembling boy. He flicked off imaginary lint from his pristine suite and walked away. Junhong was naïve enough to think it was over.

 

Before he could fully comprehend what was happening he was pulled up harshly to his feet, two men on either side, gripping onto the tops of his arms painfully tight.

 

Kicking and screaming, they carried the crying boy out of the door, paying no mind to the bleeding corpse in the middle of the room. When Junhong saw his mother’s lifeless form his crying became hysterical.

 

“Mom!” he screamed “Mommy please! Don’t let them take me!” He thrashed about in his captors hold, trying so desperately to break free. “Mom! Wake up!! Mom-“

 

Junhong woke up panting, his breath coming out in short, choppy puffsHe was sweating and his heart was beating painfully fast in his chest.

 

It was the same nightmare, every night the same thing, the same scene. Thanks to the recurring nightmares Junhong found it impossible to forget that day. The day his life had changed forever and he had been taken from a dark place to an even darker place.  

 

He took in his surroundings, trying to remember where he was and once his mind had been cleared of any and all traces of sleep he could remember the happenings of the previous day. He was in Ms Kim’s house- Yongguk’s room.

 

Junhong looked to his left, there on the bedside table was a clock, displaying the time in bright green numbers; 6:25am.

 

Sighing Junhong decided that it was time he leave.

 

Pulling the warm blankets off of him he quietly left the bedroom. Sneaking past closed doors, he tried to remain as quiet as possible as he tip toed his way to the front door. He passed the kitchen and hesitated.

 

Maybe he should take some food. He felt awful for even thinking about stealing from the people who had been kind enough to give him a place to sleep, but he didn’t know how long it would take for him to find something to eat once he left.

 

Biting his lip he back-pedaled into the kitchen, flipping the light on before making his way over to the nearest cabinet. He opened it up only to find an array of different detergents and cleaning supplies. He was about to close it and move on to another cabinet when he saw a small blue backpack, tucked away in the corner. He hesitated once again. Should he take it? he was already stealing food from them, one backpack couldn’t hurt. Right?

 

Mentally apologising he snatched the backpack up and took a peek inside. All it held was a flashlight and a packet of spare batteries. Leaving them in there he moved onto the next cabinet, pulling out a packet of trail-mix and a few bars of chocolate.

 

He found a fruit bowl next to a fancy looking coffee machine and he packed a few oranges and apples.

 

He was about to look in the fridge when he heard a cough behind him. Startled he turned around to see Yongguk who just looked him dead in the eye. Junhong cursed. If he had to get caught why did it have to be by Yongguk? The only one that had openly shown his hate for him.

 

The elder man sauntered forward, his strides long and confident. Junhong shrunk back, retreating and panicking with every step the elder took. His eyes widened in fear when Yongguk stood right in front of him, trapping Junhong’s trembling frame between him and the counter top.

 

Junhong flinched when Yongguk snatched the backpack from his hands, opening it up and then looking at Junhong with disapproving eyes.

 

“Why are you leaving?” he finally spoke, surprising Junhong whom had been expecting for him to shout or even hit him. “Why are you leaving?” Yongguk repeated his question. “You’re stupider then you look if you’re seriously planning on going,” Yongguk spoke as he started to put the food Junhong had taken back in the cabinets.

 

“I- I don’t belong…” Junhong whispered, ashamed at being caught.

 

“Well that’s why you’re here isn’t it? That’s why we’re all here. Because we don’t belong anywhere else…” Yongguk completely threw Junhong off, confusing him with his words. Wasn’t Yongguk the one that was openly against him staying? Why was he telling him all this when he so obviously hates him?

 

“I-I heard you by the way,” Yongguk continued. “Your nightmare I mean… you’re… you’re a lot like me… and I know what it’s like.”

 

Junhong highly doubted that, he refused to believe that Yongguk could possibly understand what it was like to have your mother murdered right in front of you. He refused to believe that Yongguk knew what it was like to spend five years in a dingy room and used as a way to relieve the sick urges of different men every night. Yongguk couldn’t possibly understand.

 

“Go back to bed,” Yongguk said, oblivious to Junhong’s morbid thoughts. “Breakfast is normally ready by eight.” And with that he put down the now empty backpack and walked out of the kitchen. Without really thinking about it Junhong followed him, his brows furrowing when he realised Yongguk was making his way over to the front door.

 

“W-where are you going?” he asked when Yongguk began to pull on his shoes. The older male simply pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, waving it in the air before turning away and leaving the house.

 

------- 5 months later -------


 

Junhong shot up in bed, panting and sweating. He gasped for air, pulling at his hair in frustration.

 

Another nightmare.

 

He felt movement to his right and found Yongguk sitting at the edge of his bed, a glass of water in his outstretched hand and a fresh t-shirt in the other.

 

Junhong took the water gratefully giving Yongguk a thankful smile; he took a sip and then placed it on the bedside table. Yongguk handed him the t-shirt and Junhong quickly changed into it, eager to be out of the sweat drenched shirt.

 

“I'm fine now Hyung, thank you,” Junhong assured. “Go back to sleep.”

 

Yongguk nodded and walked over to his own bed, getting himself comfortable in the warm sheets.

 

Junhong was not the least bit phased at the elder man’s apparent ‘lack of affection’. He understood why he hadn’t held him like a normal person would, he understood Yongguk’s adversity to touch and he respected that. The water and fresh t-shirt was more than enough.

 

And Junhong refused to believe that he excused Yongguk’s aloof nature because of the not-so-small crush he had developed for the man.

 

Junhong didn’t know when the first hints of a crush had developed. Maybe it was when he noticed how much Yongguk loved his brothers despite his cold exterior. He could still remember the time Yongguk had finished Jongup’s homework for him when the younger boy had worked himself to the brink of unconsciousness and the time he had accompanied Youngjae to the supermarket when Daehyun had fallen sick (Youngjae had tried his best to convince Daehyun that he would be fine on his own but the sick man was having none of it. That’s when Yongguk had stepped in and assured Daehyun that he would go with Youngjae and promised to keep him safe).

 

Or maybe he had become smitten with him when he discovered his love for a stuffed toy; Junhong couldn't help but laugh at the sight of Yongguk looking at a child’s toy with such love. It was entirely too endearing to see a man with such an aloof and prickly personality flush a subtle shade of red after being caught holding a teddy. 

 

He couldn't remember when the affection had started but he knew exactly when he had fallen in love with the older man. It was when Yongguk had finally- after a month of living together and sharing a room- told him of his past, and why he hated to be touched. When he had let down his walls and had allowed the teen to see him at his most vulnerable. Junhong had cried with him that night, cried as Yongguk told him of the night he watched his father murder his mother in a drunken fit. Cried when he had explained how alone he had felt all his life. Cried when Yongguk told him of the constant bullying, the beatings and the pain.

 

Cried when he realised that Yongguk understood what it was like to live in constant fear. To know exactly what was coming but not be able to do anything to stop it.

 

He had never found the right time to tell Yongguk of his own past but that night he had felt some kind of bittersweet comfort in the fact that yes, he wasn't the only one. 

 

And it was from that point on that he had fallen dangerously fast and dangerously hard for one Bang Yongguk. 

 

As Junhong lay there in bed, thinking of the man lying a few feet from him he couldn't shake of the sudden need to be close-not held (as he understood Yongguk’s problem with contact) but just be near the one person he knew understood. 

 

Biting his lip he contemplated whether or not he should act on his sudden craving of closeness. After an internal battle he got out of bed, grabbing his blanket as well as the spare one in the wardrobe and made his way over to Yongguk’s bed.

 

As expected Yongguk stiffened when Junhong sat at the edge of the bed but the younger boy was quick to explain himself.

 

“I-I won’t touch you I promise," Junhong assured. “I’ll put this between us, see?”  He put the spare blanket between them, creating a wall separating the two from touching.

 

"Please hyung... I-I can't sleep,” Junhong practically begged and after a few moments Yongguk nodded, turning away so that his back was to the grinning boy.

 

 

After that night Junhong had made it a habit to sneak into his hyung’s bed late at night. 

 

At first he would creep over to Yongguk’s bedside and Yongguk would wordlessly move over to the side, making room for the teen. But before long they had both gotten used to it. So much so that the spare blanket was an almost permanent part of Yongguk’s bedding. Junhong would tip toe over to Yongguk’s side of the room and see the wall of Cotton and polyester already constructed with the elder male sleeping soundlessly on his side. Junhong would smile and snuggle into the pillow he had claimed as his own and slip into a nightmare free slumber. Surrounded by the scent of the man he had so hopelessly fallen in love with.