Epilogue

I Quit

Alright, here is the Epilogue! Sorry again for leaving you guys hanging accidentally. I hope you guys enjoy this. 


It takes a few more days before the doctors give the okay to let Minho out of the hospital. SM, not as nasty as the public portrayed them as, let the members have the weekend off. The members had decided to go to the beach but not tell Minho as it would be a surprise. They weren’t bringing the managers either. They were going to the beach as brothers not as idol group, SHINee. Onew rented a camping car. Jonghyun and Key gathered the supplies. And Taemin distracted Minho by visiting him every day in the hospital.

Minho is wheeled out in a wheelchair from the hospital to the van. He had been given strict orders of no dancing and to just relax and let his body heal. His mind had been a bit traumatized by the incident, but the therapy sessions were already done with. Minho had accepted, in some way, what had happened with him and tried to move on. He shakes his head of those thoughts. Today should be a happy day. He is finally out of the plain white, boring hospital and into the world with its not too clean air and more importantly, his brothers. His family had wanted to be there on his release date but were reassured by the rest of the members that they shouldn’t drop their schedule with the members already caring for Minho.

However, Minho is surprised when he sees that there is no one else in the van. Only Taemin who had been visiting him was beside him as well as the manager who had come to pick them up.

“Taemin-ah, where are the other members?”

“Don’t worry, Minho-hyung! They are waiting for us at our destination.”

“Destination? I thought we were going to our dorm?”

“Not telling! Just get in the van and leave the worrying to me.”

They set off and Minho is lulled to sleep. When he wakes up with Taemin shaking his shoulders, he observes that they are at a parking lot. Distantly, he can hear waves crashing on the beach.

“Mwoh?!?!? Why are we at a beach?”

Taemin doesn’t answer and guides Minho towards a camping area. Minho sees a camping car set up with a extended tent area. There are five chairs surrounding a roaring firepit. Before he could fully comprehend everything, the rest of the members pop up from various hiding places.

They all yelled, “Surprise!”

Minho smiles as Onew explains, “The company gave us the weekend off, so we decided to spend it here!”

Jonghyun joins in, “A beach, man! With babes, waves, and fun. The whole weekend! Yeah!”

Taemin speaks, “Just let go of your thoughts this weekend, Minho-hyung. Don’t worry about anything. Just have fun. With us.”

Minho grins. He feels a feeling that he hasn’t experiences in what seems like forever, happiness. Key ushers Minho to sit down. Jonghyun prepares the firepit to grill meat. Soon, the air fills with the mouthwatering scent of beef. Key arranges a table with lettuce, garlic, and best of all, ramyun. As soon as the meat is finished grilling, they all dig in with gusto. Taemin makes sure to stuff Minho with plenty of lettuce wraps.

After eating, the members clean up and observe the glistening stars in the sky. They sit in silence for some bit. But, they all head inside once Key starts complaining about the bugs biting him. They all decide to go to bed early to watch the sunrise the next day. Everyone makes sure that Minho is comfortable in such a way that it won’t aggravate his still healing wounds. Minho is the first to fall asleep.

As his soft snores filter through the camping car, Taemin asks, “Will Minho be okay?”

Key snorts, “Of course he will. He is not called Flaming for nothing. “

Onew butts in, “Minho will, of course, have some rough spots but we will support him all along the way.”

Jonghyun reassures Taemin, “Don’t worry about it Tae-tae. Minho will bounce back. Just be strong for him, okay?”

“Ne” answers Taemin. Soon all the member drift off to Dreamland.

THE NEXT DAY:

Key kicks everyone awake and gently shakes Minho awake. They all groan but reluctantly exit the camping car to see an amazing sight before them. The sun had just started to rise above the horizon line. Brilliant rays of various shades of orange shone mixing with the morning sky. Adding to this beautiful scene were gentle waves lapping against the smooth sand. All the members stand still in amazement.

The members hurry to dress into swimming gear eager to hit the water. Sadly, Minho was not allowed to go into the water due to his injuries, but Key kept him company claiming that the ocean waves were not good for his skin. Minho smiles as he sees Jonghyun, Onew, and Taemin playfully splash each other while running into the waves. As he glances over, he sees a pineapple bag with sunglasses sitting on a towel.

He asks Key, “What is that?”

Key scoffs, “It’s that character Onew made when he was in Thailand for that vacation. Apparently, it’s called PINee. There is even some sort of theme song to go with it. Something like SHINee PINee. PINee SHINee.”

“Oh yeah. The vacation where Onew-hyung sang the Toast Song.”

Key and Minho simultaneously start singing the Toast Song together.

“Crispy and Brown

Toast is done.

I am. I am. Today’s

Chef of our family

Crispy and Brown

Toast is done

Spread jam on my toast~

Please have one~”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uutRjvkACLk

They laugh after finishing the song. Onew had jokingly gotten mad at them every time they had sung the song saying it was his song only. The other member had already finished playing in the water and had wandered over to sit in the shade. Taemin immediately sits next to Minho. Onew grabs PINee. And Jonghyun settles next to Key. All the members look out into the distance admiring the crashing waves and the beautiful blue sky.

Taemin speaks, “This is soo much fun! We should do this more often.”

Minho replies, “I wish we could. We’ve got album promotions coming up, and then we’re off to Japan for some time.”

Onew nods in agreement, “But whatever we do we can remember this and know that we are all supporting one another. It’s okay to fall. The rest of us will catch you.”

All the members nod to this. Minho starts to nod off. His body is still tired. The other members notice Minho nodding off, but refrain from saying anything. Before Minho falls completely asleep to the soothing waves and the whispering breeze, he knows in his heart that his brothers will always be with him forever and that he is an integral part of SHINee. 


Haha. I hope you guys enjoyed this. This story is finally completed! Woot. The Epilogue might not be long enough for some of you guys, but I really can't think of much the SHINee members would do on a beach especially when Minho is injured. I'm glad I got to add PINee in there as well as the Toast Song. If you didn't know what I was talking about, these are references to SHINee's One Fine Day series. PINee is basically a pineapple bag with sunglasses my precious Onew made. And the Toast Song is by Onew, too. I love Onew. <3