Chapter Twelve

Beautiful

Author’s POV

All night, Gi Kwang replayed his conversation with Hyosung. Or maybe it was the way she said thank you to him. He wasn’t sure. He scratched his head not knowing what to think.

“Kwenchana?”

He looked at Junhyung.

“I’m good. Why?”

“You look like you got a lot on your mind. Is it the girl?”

“How did you know?”

Was Gi Kwang that obvious?

“Ever since the ‘scandal’, you have been out lately. So I figured it had to be that.”

Gi Kwang let out a deep breath.

“Yeah. Don’t tell anyone but that girl works for the hospital I’m at.”

“Tiencha?”

“Ne. Isn’t that a coincidence?”

“Nah. It’s meant to be,” Junhyung said laughing.

“Ha ha. Maybe, boola.”

“Don’t worry about it man. Just let fate decide and go with the flow.”

“Thanks, man.”

Gi Kwang knew from experience that these thoughts were there for one reason. He liked her. He wasn’t sure if he really liked her or if he just liked her. He knew that she intrigued him and had him at his toes wanting to know as much about her before she could figure out what he was doing. Gi Kwang didn’t have that much trouble with girls. It was the first time someone had made him want to know everything about a girl. Yoseob was that type to want to know every little detail. Was he becoming a Yoseob too? Andwae.

-----

The next few days went by really fast. Gi Kwang didn’t get to see Hyosung as much but when he did see her, he would say hello and smile. One day he didn’t see her at all which was disappointing. Hyosung was busy doing her thing. Gi Kwang realized that his ten days were almost up. He didn’t think that volunteering here would impact him so much but it had. Him being near the children made him realize how precious life was. Though it sounded bad, the children had no idea when their last day could be but you could say that for anyone. It could be Gi Kwang’s last day and he should live it to the fullest. Gi Kwang had been thinking about a surprise for the children in the hospital. He wasn’t sure if the hospital would approve but he was going to do everything in his power to make it work.

Gi Kwang was planning to take the children on a field trip to the zoo. Gi Kwang was spending his pocket money to get these kids there and take care of any medical conditions and safety hazards. Right when Gi Kwang got home, he spent most of the day researching, writing a proposal, and getting his information set.

Gi Kwang’s POV

I am so excited. I don’t know how this idea came to me but I knew I had to make a last impression and do something for them. They have given me the wonderful experiences and it’s my turn to give back. I just especially wanted to do something for them. I thought of all the things we could do and the zoo just sounded the most safe and best choice. I haven’t been there since I was little. Probably before debut.

“Hey. What are you doing?"

I look up and see Yoseob.

“Oh hey. I’m writing up a proposal to show to Doctor Choi Won about taking the kids to the zoo.”

“It’s sweet and nice but aren’t you taking this a little too seriously?”

“What do you mean?” What did Yoseob mean?

“You're going to volunteer for a couple more days and probably not going to visit them. Didn’t you not want to be there anymore?”

Yoseob looked a little confused. I was a bit confused myself. I know I don’t tell them much about my volunteering. Usually when I get back, I’m napping. Other than that, we’re busy talking about our tours and practicing.  

“You’re right. I didn’t want to go anymore at first. But now, I do. I connected with the hospital and children there. They made me feel happy and good about myself. Don’t you want to adopt an animal now that you have volunteered?”

“Kinda. But aren’t you going too far? You have been acting differently.”

Gi Kwang looked at Yoseob.

“What do you mean ‘acting differently’. I’m pretty normal. I just want to do something for the kids, that’s all.” And maybe someone else but I didn't add that. 

“Uh huh.”

“I’m going to get back to work. Don’t bother me.”

“Adiso. Good luck.” Yoseob walked away.

Author’s POV

Yoseob seriously felt that Gi Kwang was acting different. He was pretty sure everyone could tell except him. What is Gi Kwang up to, Yoseob thought. Ever since the ‘scandal’, Gi Kwang has been more calm and maybe thoughtful? It was very nice of Gi Kwang to give a thank you back but going to the zoo and even writing a proposal, Gi Kwang was putting extra effort. Something about Gi Kwang’s aura was different. Something was off. Yoseob walked to the living room and saw the rest of the gang.

“Hey. You know what’s up with Gi Kwang?”

“He said he’s writing a proposal for a trip to the zoo,” Dong Woon said.

“I know. But don’t you think something’s up with Gi Kwang. He’s not usually this… focused? Determined? I don’t know the word for it.”

Yoseob was trying to explain but couldn’t come up with the words.

“I know what you mean. Something’s been up with Gi Kwang. He’s kinda different in a way. More nice and calm,” Dujun said.

“Exactly! That’s what I thought too.” Finally, someone’s on the same page as Yoseob.

“It’s probably the girl,” Junhyung said so calmly and matter-of-factly.

Everyone turned their heads to look at him.

“The girl?” Yoseob asked.

“Yeah. You know, the ‘scandal’ girl. She’s been on his mind lately. Didn’t he tell you guys?”

“No.” Yoseob thought about it even more. The girl? What could be the problem.

“I shouldn’t be spilling but we’re all buddies. We all are going to know sooner or later. That girl at the fan meeting, she works at the hospital that Gi Kwang is at. Let's just make this simple, Gi Kwang likes her.”

There were some gasps.

“And that’s it. End of story. But the purpose, I think it’s obvious,” Junhyung added.

“Daebak,” Yoseob said.

“Ne. Gi Kwang likes a girl. No wonder he’s been like that. But he sure doesn’t show he likes someone though. He’s more like ‘master mind, let me plan something’, not lovesick,” Dujun said.

“But you can tell he’s working hard though,” Hyunseung added. “He’s putting effort in the hospital too. You know when we volunteer, we usually don’t go back to the place unless for a reason. Something tells me that our Gi Kwang here is going to dedicate himself to that hospital for multiple reasons.”

“I agree. You don’t need to work that hard to impress a girl though, right?” Yoseob said.

“Oh. He’s going to impress her for sure,” Hyunseung said.

Yep. Hyunseung’s right. He was defiantly going to impress her. 

 

 

 

Yes. I am defiantly a horrible author. I seriously have not posted for almost a year. I am super sorry you guys. I apologize. I have been very busy with school. When I say busy, I mean stressful and pulling out my hair. Ha. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I don't think it was that good... it was probably just okay. I am trying to get back into the game of this and create a great chapter and story. Mianhe again. Tiencha.

-IGuessSO