Chapter 16

School 2013 Season 2

 

The entire class packed up the next morning after breakfast. Kang Joo and Ha Kyung were both busy trying to take down their tent while Nam Sun and Heung Soo helped to pack the rest of the tents into boxes.

“Yah! You go and see if there are anymore tents.” Nam Sun told Heung Soo.

Heung Soo nodded his head as he set off to the last tent he saw from afar.

“Kang Joo ya, how do you take this thing down?” Ha Kyung said as she tried to pull out the nail holding down the tent.

“Let me do it.” Heung Soo said as he took over.

“Sorry that we had to make you do it.” Ha Kyung apologized.

 “You guys go pack up the rest of your things. I’ll bring the tent back to Nam Sun.” Heung Soo told them as he was undoing the tent.

“Are you sure you don’t need any help?” Ha Kyung asked.

“Just go. I’ll get this done faster than the both of you put together.” Heung Soo said.

“How cocky of him.” Ha Kyung mumbled under her breath crossing her arms.

“Kang Joo ah, faster! Let’s go!” Ha Kyung called out to Kang Joo.

“Owh, okay! You head on first I’ll catch up with you by the hiking trail.” Kang Joo said.

“Araso. I’ll wait for you so be fast with it.” Ha Kyung said before she picked up her bags and went off.

When Ha Kyung was already a few meters away from them, Kang Joo appeared next to Heung Soo who was busy taking down their tent.

“Are you going to stand there all day? Move.” Heung Soo said as he shove her lightly.

Kang Joo wanted to argue but decided not to.

“I’ll see you later at the bus right?” Kang Joo asked him.

“Erm..” Heung Soo said without looking up at her.

“Well…” Kang Joo tried to say but hesitated for a while.

“What?” Heung Soo asked wanting her to keep going.

“Just… urm… thanks for listening to me last night.” Kang Joo finally said looking down at her hands.

Heung Soo’s hands stopped moving and he looked up at her. She just gave him a wry smile. Heung Soo stood up and pulled the deflated tent. Heung Soo turned around and faced his back to Kang Joo.

“Just let me know the next time you need an ear to listen.” Heung Soo said quietly before he walked off.

Kang Joo couldn’t resist but smiled. Was he being nice to her? Maybe, but that didn’t matter at the moment. She just liked the idea that he appeared to care for her. Kang Joo quickly grabbed her belongings and ran for the hiking trail. Ha Kyung constantly glanced at her watch as she looked out for Kang Joo.

“Yah, Lee Kang Joo. What took you so long?” Ha Kyung asked her when Kang Joo finally reached next to her. 

“Mian. I left some stuff earlier.” Kang Joo apologized.

“Tsk. Are you sure you weren’t fighting with Heung Soo back there?” Ha Kyung mocked.

“Yah! Do you think we have to fight every time we meet? Do you know how tiring that gets?!” Kang Joo retorted as she rolled her eyes.

“Ei… Are you sure? Did something happen between the both of you? I haven’t seen any bickering so far.” Ha Kyung teased.

“Aish! We have no reason to fight okay?!” Kang Joo screamed at Ha Kyung.

“You’re so noisy even in the morning?” A familiar voice said behind her back.

Kang Joo glared at the person to see Heung Soo walking up towards them with Nam Sun right behind him.

“Aish… I was just hoping I wasn’t going to argue with you.” Kang Joo said still glaring at him.

“Then don’t. Move.” Heung Soo said shoving Kang Joo as he passed through.

Kang Joo got angry and ran up to him as she grabbed his neck and pulled it into a headlock. Heung Soo started cursing at her which made Kang Joo grab him tighter.

“I just thought they weren’t gonna fight anymore.” Ha Kyung said shaking her head.

“Yeah right with that kind of attitude they have. They’ll forever be like that.” Nam Sun said as he smirked.

“Yah! Let’s go before we’re late!” Nam Sun said as he broke up the two of them.

“Yah! I’m not done yet!” Kang Joo tried to charge for Heung Soo but was held back by Nam Sun.

“Aish! This b****! Trying to kill me or something?” Heung Soo cursed as he rubbed his sore neck.

“What did you call me? I think I should really kill you!” Kang Joo yelled as she tried to break loose from Nam Sun who was holding her back.

“Yah! Just stop it and let’s go!” Ha Kyung yelled as she grabbed Kang Joo’s arm and dragged her down the hiking trail.

“That woman has seriously gotta be kidding me.” Heung Soo said as he coughed.

“Good luck my man.” Nam Sun chuckled as he patted Heung Soo’s back.

“What the hell do you mean by that?”

Nam Sun lifted his shoulders and continued to hike down the trail.

* * * *

“So, do you plan on coming to school tomorrow?” Kang Joo asked Ha Kyung as they got off the bus.

“I dunno. Maybe.” Ha Kyung said as she glanced towards Nam Sun who was busy taking out everyone’s luggage from the bus storage.

“Let’s just come and take pictures with everyone. It is our last year anyways.” Kang Joo persuaded Ha Kyung.

Take pictures? Ha Kyung glanced back at Nam Sun again. Maybe it was a good idea. A picture with him would be nice right? Ha Kyung turned to face Kang Joo again.

“Alright. Pictures it is.” Ha Kyung said smiling.

“Then, bring your Polaroid camera to school tomorrow okay?” Kang Joo said.

“Nam Sun ah, are you coming tomorrow?” Kang Joo asked Nam Sun when he went over to them to pass their luggage.

“Who knows?” Nam Sun said simply.

“Yah, come alright? Let’s take pictures together!” Kang Joo tried to persuade Nam Sun this time.

“Pictures?” Nam Sun said feeling awkward at the thought of it.

“Please! And Heung Soo too okay?” Kang Joo pleaded.

“Heung Soo? You want to take pictures with him to?” Ha Kyung asked in disbelief.

“He’s still going to be part of my high school memory anyways.” Kang Joo said.

Ha Kyung watched Kang Joo with a smile.

“What time is it?” Kang Joo asked Ha Kyung suddenly.

“It’s almost 2p.m.” Ha Kyung said looking at her watch.

“Let’s go have lunch!” Kang Joo said hooking arms with Ha Kyung and Nam Sun as she dragged them across the street.

“Kang Joo, what about Heung Soo?” Ha Kyung asked.

“He knows what to do.” Kang Joo said.

“But still…”

“Alright fine!” Kang Joo sighed.

“Yah! Park Heung Soo! Are you coming or not?” Kang Joo screamed from across the road to Heung Soo.

Heung Soo still stood there like he hadn’t heard her.

“Ish, this guy. Are you deaf or something? Acting like you didn’t hear me and all.” Kang Joo complained as she crossed the road again and pulled Heung Soo to cross the road over to where Ha Kyung and Nam Sun were standing.

“I know how to walk so don’t drag me.” Heung Soo said pulling his arm away and crossed the road leaving Kang Joo.

Kang Joo sighed and continued walking. She didn’t know why Heung Soo just had to make her angry all the time. She didn’t even know why she cares about him sometimes when he doesn’t seem to be bothered at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took me so long to update this chapter... Hope you guys like it!! A dash of the Kang Joo-Heung Soo loveline... ^_^

bBtw, i just made it a short kinda a weekend camp thingy... It also seems that in Korea, they still go to school after their college entrance exam... At least that's what I've observed. Apologies if I'm wrong though... >_<

p/s: Welcome to the new subscribers hope you guys enjoyed my fic so far!! ♥