I and Love and You

The Ballad of Minho and Key

A/N: It makes me so happy that people are reading this! So for this chapter listen to I and Love and You, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S11Gx43Yz50. The feels from this song. Goodness. So also for this chapter, the two live in America. Enjoy~ (Don't start the song until it says, sorry to be pushy but it makes sense) 

 

Key and Minho were best friends. Key moved to the hot sticky American south when he was 10 because his parents wanted a change of scenery. Key hated every thing about it though. His neighbors were uptight, many of those he met were judgemental. He wasn't too keen on the food either and constant humidity made his hair frizzy. He missed the fresh Korean snow. His parents also added to the hatred of his house, which had never felt like a home to him. His parents were quick to judge, their expectations way to high for their son, and of course, hated the fact that Key was openly gay. Why? Well in both societies, their old Korean one and their current one in the south, not many people accepted it, and this embarrassed his parents. They didn't treat him like a son, they treated him like a burden. Although he didn't like anything about the place he lived, he loved his best friend. Choi Minho was more or less, in the exact same situation. When Key met Minho, they became inseparable and Key gradually realized his love for his best friend. Key would have told him by now, but both of them had a lot of stuff going on, a lot of stress, a lot of abuses from home. He couldn't complicate what they had....until he decided. 

 

They were going to runaway. 

 

Key planned every thing and around 5 pm a few days later after his decision, he began to pack his things. Brooklyn was their destination. At 10 pm later that night, Key drove his car to Minho's house. Minho who had problems sleeping, had his bedroom light on still. There was only one car in the driveway which meant Minho's parents we're not there. Key ran out of his car and entered the house. He walked upstairs silently. He found Minho laying on his back, eyes closed, trying to fall asleep. Key's heart started pumping really fast at the sight of Minho's long legs, his peaceful angelic face, and the sound of his troubled breathing. Key went over to the bed and sat on it, brushing the hair away from Minho's eyes. Key sighed and then began to talk, which startled Minho. 

 

"What..." 

"Sh...Min, listen." 

 

Start the song^^ 

 

Key began. 

"C'mon we have to pack up the car. I'll write a quick note for your parents to warn them. Grab every thing you need.  We're going north. Let's go!" 

Minho understood immediately and was so happy. They needed to get out of there. But he wanted to make sure Key was sure. 

"You know, going a little bit of the way and regretting it, we can't live like that. We have to cut all ties with this place and we can't come back." 

Key nodded, heart fluttering. 

Brooklyn was going to be their new home. The two were in pretty bad shape. At this point, there was only confusion. But Brooklyn was going to become their home. 

The reason Minho moved to the south, well, he was a fighter and a firestarter since he was young. Fighting against every one. He knew though, with Key in Brooklyn, there would be no need to use violence anymore. It would just be a waste of time. 

While Minho drove, Key was asleep, dreaming about Minho. About his shining eyes. In the dream, Key asked Minho to dance, and Minho said yes. They danced all night and promised to see each other the next morning. It was the sweetest dream he had had in a long time. 

Brooklyn was going to be their new home. The two were in pretty bad shape. At this point, there was only confusion. But Brooklyn was going to become their home. 

They were staying overnight in a hotel now. 

Key began to then speak. To speak the three words that all of a sudden seemed so difficult, but so right to say. I and love and you. 

"Minho. You are so strong and I can never be good enough for you, but I love you. And I always have."

They passed the night away, lost in love. 

Ah Brooklyn Brooklyn take me in
Are you aware the shape I'm in
My hands they shake my head it spins
Ah Brooklyn Brooklyn take me in

Dumbed down and numbed by time and age
Your dreams to catch the world, the cage
The highway sets the travelers stage
All exits look the same

The dreams of two best friends, now in love, finding a home in Brooklyn. 

Three words that became hard to say
I and love and you
I and love and you
I and love and you

"I love you, Key." 

"I love you too. Always have. Always will."

 

A/N: Wow this song is so ahhh! Okay hope you enjoyed. The format is different a bit for this one and it's not as plainly said as some of the other ones. Thanks for reading! :D